1. Koresh was a crackpot, a child molester and, ultimately, a MURDERER.
2. The Feds (ATF) had reason and a warrant to go after him, but even their own guys said they screwed it up after Koresh was alerted. They should NEVER have gone in after that.
3. Koresh lit those fires. It’s apparent to anyone who watches the video or has watched interviews with people who survived.
David would occasionally leave the camp. So the FIB could not wait for him? Why did the FIB have to pump in very loud music for many days? Also, why did Janet have the FIB clear the site of all evidence so quickly. Do not forget that Bubba was the ruler. Not a clean guy then or now.
I don’t think Koresh or his group were violating any laws.
He did have a gun collection but there is a very strong reason I think none were illegal.
The Republicans were going to have NRA experts examine the guns but the Dems freaked out over that and the Republicans rolled over and played dead rather than stand up to them.
1. That was never proven and multiple visits from the McLennan County social services, never resulted in children being removed from Mt. Carmel.
2. What was the reason and warrant based on? False information. Koresh was well known to jog every afternoon between 4-5p, why not apprehend him then? The McClennan County Sheriff at the time even said that had HE called Koresh, he would have come in with no problem. Koresh had a muscle car, that he would take to the local Dairy Queen on Weekends, they had Mt. Carmel under surveillance for weeks, in all that time, Koresh never left Mt. Carmel once? The Feds were there to make a statement.
3. Other survivors have stated that the fires started, before the Davidians poured the fuel. Why would the government wait that many days, knowing he was getting ready to come out, assault a home with folks in it, who had apocalyptic beliefs?