Skip to comments.Paul Ryan's Proposed Budget Cuts
Posted on 07/20/2014 8:46:52 AM PDT by dvan
Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2014 16:24:12 -0700
Subject: RE: Budget Proposal
This looks like a pretty healthy platform to start running on...
In order to begin getting our country's spending under control, there has to be some elimination and take aways. Here's Paul Ryan's proposed cuts.
PAUL RYAN'S PROPOSED BUDGET CUTS
A List of Republican Budget Cuts Notice S.S. and the military are NOT on this list. These are all the programs that the new Republican House has proposed cutting. Read to the end.
* Corporation for Public Broadcasting Subsidy -- $445 million annual savings.
* Save America 's Treasures Program -- $25 million annual savings.
* International Fund for Ireland -- $17 million annual savings.
* Legal Services Corporation -- $420 million annual savings.
* National Endowment for the Arts -- $167.5 million annual savings.
* National Endowment for the Humanities -- $167.5 million annual savings.
* Hope VI Program -- $250 million annual savings.
* Amtrak Subsidies -- $1.565 billion annual savings.
* Eliminate duplicating education programs -- H.R. 2274 (in last Congress), authored by Rep. McKeon , eliminates 68 at a savings of $1.3 billion annually.
* U..S. Trade Development Agency -- $55 million annual savings.
* Woodrow Wilson Center Subsidy -- $20 million annual savings.
* Cut in half funding for congressional printing and binding -- $47 million annual savings.
* John C. Stennis Center Subsidy -- $430,000 annual savings.
* Community Development Fund -- $4.5 billion annual savings.
* Heritage Area Grants and Statutory Aid -- $24 million annual savings.
* Cut Federal Travel Budget in Half -- $7.5 billion annual savings
* Trim Federal Vehicle Budget by 20% -- $600 million annual savings.
* Essential Air Service -- $150 million annual savings.
* Technology Innovation Program -- $70 million annual savings.
*Manufacturing Extension Partnership (MEP) Program -- $125 million annual savings..
* Department of Energy Grants to States for Weatherization -- $530 million annual savings.
* Beach Replenishment -- $95 million annual savings.
* New Starts Transit -- $2 billion annual savings. * Exchange Programs for Alaska Natives, Native Hawaiians, and Their Historical Trading Partners in Massachusetts -- $9 million annual savings
* Intercity and High Speed Rail Grants -- $2.5 billion annual savings.
* Title X Family Planning -- $318 million annual savings.
* Appalachian Regional Commission -- $76 million annual savings.
* Economic Development Administration -- $293 million annual savings.
* Programs under the National and Community Services Act -- $1.15 billion annual savings.
* Applied Research at Department of Energy -- $1.27 billion annual savings.
* Freedom CAR and Fuel Partnership -- $200 million annual savings..
* Energy Star Program -- $52 million annual savings.
*Economic Assistance to Egypt -- $250 million annually.
* U.S.Agency for International Development -- $1.39 billion annual savings..
* General Assistance to District of Columbia -- $210 million annual savings.
* Subsidy for Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority -- $150 million annual savings.
*Presidential Campaign Fund -- $775 million savings over ten years.
* No funding for federal office space acquisition -- $864 million annual savings.
* End prohibitions on competitive sourcing of government services.
* Repeal the Davis-Bacon Act -- More than $1 billion annually.
* IRS Direct Deposit: Require the IRS to deposit fees for some services it offers (such as processing payment plans for taxpayers) to the Treasury, instead of allowing it to remain as part of its budget -- $1.8 billion savings over ten years.
*Require collection of unpaid taxes by federal employees -- $1 billion total savings. WHAT'S THIS ABOUT?
* Prohibit taxpayer funded union activities by federal employees -- $1.2 billion savings over ten years.
* Sell excess federal properties the government does not make use of -- $15 billion total savings.
*Eliminate death gratuity for Members of Congress. WHAT???
* Eliminate Mohair Subsidies -- $1 million annual savings.
*Eliminate taxpayer subsidies to the United Nations Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change -- $12.5 million annual savings. WELL ISN'T THAT SPECIAL
* Eliminate Market Access Program -- $200 million annual savings.
* USDA Sugar Program -- $14 million annual savings.
* Subsidy to Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) -- $93 million annual savings.
* Eliminate the National Organic Certification Cost-Share Program -- $56.2 million annual savings.
*Eliminate fund for Obamacare administrative costs -- $900 million savings.
* Ready to Learn TV Program -- $27 million savings..
* HUD Ph.D. Program.
* Deficit Reduction Check-Off Act.
*TOTAL SAVINGS: $2.5 Trillion over Ten Years
My question is, what is all this doing in the budget in the first place?! Maybe this is why the Democrats are attacking Paul Ryan. Please Send to everyone you know.
Reply, Reply All or Forward | More Me To Tom LikesSue Baker and 16 More... Today at 8:32 AM
Reply, Reply All or Forward | More Click to reply all
Will Romney pick Ryan again?
And, this is probably only the tip of the ice berg. I wouldn't be surprised if this list could fill a couple pages, at least.
His Last ‘budget’ was to increase the limit on the debt and an abject capitulation to Obama and the Democrats. Additionally, we found out who the RINOs in our ranks were.
If anyone here thinks anything he proposes now is ‘conservative’ and that he has intentions of doing anything about it except talking and campaigning about it, I have a bridge in New York to sell you.
He is a traitor to conservatism. I wouldn’t vote for him if I were on fire.
Some great cuts!!!
$900 million for Obama Administration Fund?!? Holy crap!! This man has TOO much money to play with!!!!
Yeah. Good ideas.
Now—what about BRINGING IN ALL THOSE MEHHHICCCANNS????
Looks good — can you please post the link.
It’s a good start. I want to see more though, like the elimination of entire agencies.
I no longer care what that sellout has to propose.
Tip of the iceberg. I would elimate all funding for Obamacare, the IRS, the U.N., the EPA, all secret service protection for anyone other than the pres and vice pres, shut down the ATF, gut the FBI and CIA, and elimanate 80% of all paper shufflers in every dept.
Then I would think some about it and gut everything.
I would take out any assistance to counties and city law enforcement also. I am just getting started.
Any politician could tally up the cost savings tell the public and win with those cuts. I would also cut all foreign aid except in natural disasters.
Odd isn’t it how the EPA and the Dept of HHS and the Dept of Ed are NOT at the top of his list???
Nothing but election year political smoke and mirrors.
The GOP has had plenty of opportunity to do cuts. Note Ryan isn’t
running his mouth about Amnesty anymore.
I’ll agree with all the cuts if the money is spent to BUILD A BORDER FENCE, enforce our immigration laws and use the spare change to IMPEACH! :)
My admiration for Paul Ryan is pretty much gone, and he lives ONE county over. Would’ve been nice to have a Hometown Boy make it to the top, one who is a true Conservative. No compromise, no quarter!
Governor Scott Walker? You’re up! Love My Gov!
Got a link to an actual Ryan website where he explains this?
And the cuts are over 10 years.
And the cuts are over 10 years.
What a joke Ryan is.
This is good if that’s all you can get, but i think they need to double it. We don’t need any of theses programs and if we can sell off their assets too lets do it.
“* Subsidy for Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority — $150 million annual savings”
Seriously I visited Washington D.C. I couldn’t believe how much I was paying when i tried to ride their subway, it worked out to more than the price of gas and Parking in inside of Washington DC. and that was when it was half price on the 4th of July.
The Federal Government is subsiding this? What is Washington D.C. Doing with all this money 99.9$ of us never see again!!
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.