Skip to comments.Is Barry Whiffing?
Posted on 04/30/2014 8:21:17 AM PDT by Second Amendment First
Stop whining, Mr. President.
And stop whiffing.
Dont whinge off the record with columnists and definitely dont do it at a press conference with another world leader. It is disorienting to everybody, here at home and around the world.
I empathize with you about being thin-skinned. When you hate being criticized, its hard to take a giant steaming plate of you stink every day, coming from all sides. But you convey the sense that any difference on substance is lèse-majesté.
You simply proclaim what you believe as though you know it to be absolutely true, hoping we recognize the truth of it, and, if we dont, then weve disappointed you again.
Even some of the chatterers who used to be in your corner now make derogatory remarks about your manhood. And that, I know, really gets under your skin because you think they just dont get your style of coolly keeping your cards to yourself while you play the long game. Besides, how short memories are. You were the Ice Man who ordered up the operation that killed Osama bin Laden.
I also appreciate the fact that its harder for you than it was for J.F.K., W. and all those other pols who had their rich daddies and their rich daddies rich friends to buy anything they needed and connect them up and smooth the way for them. That gives them a certain nonchalance in the face of opprobrium and difficulty, a luxury that those who propel themselves to the top on their own dont have.
(Excerpt) Read more at nytimes.com ...
What's she talking about here? Dingy Harry and his ability to detect the smell of American Citizens who invade his private castle?
Woman you must be kidding...Barry hasn't done a damned thing on his own in his entire life.
If they told the truth about this adminstration,he would never have won a second term. Mo,have another bottle of vodka and go F yourself!
While the witch Maureen has a few things right here, this one shows she still has her blinders on:
“I also appreciate the fact that its harder for you than it was for J.F.K., W. and all those other pols who had their rich daddies and their rich daddies rich friends to buy anything they needed and connect them up and smooth the way for them. That gives them a certain nonchalance in the face of opprobrium and difficulty, a luxury that those who propel themselves to the top on their own dont have.”
The love affair and complicit cover-ups by the media are ten times more effective for O than all the rich daddies in the world combined!
And he STILL whines and whimpers like a baby........
Can anyone imagine where his numbers would be with a media that was even half-way objective? He’d probably lose half the African-American vote!
I don’t know what “whiffing” is.
Is this important?
What the heck????
Is she off her meds? Lunacy doesn’t make a column. Maybe it’s meant for the comics section?
P.S. He’s really thin-skinned about his Dumbo ears.
When you’ve lost MoDo...
Obama was the Ice Man on killing Ben Laden?
BS Dowd...He dithered as usual when confronted with the culmination of so many other peoples hard work.
Ultimately he had no choice but to pull the trigger ....
Had word leaked out that he didn’t do that, Obama would have been burnt toast in 2minutes.
Once he shook his head yes he spent the next 4 years trying to live on this “SUCCESS” and ramming it down our throats
No problemo: David Brooks still admires the crease in his mompants.
Hmmm. And to think she believed this once upon a time.
I think Barry has lost a lot of his educated liberal base, simply because stupidity will out and he's a stupid man who obviously made it to where he did simply on the base of personal ruthlessness in service of leftwing/anti-Western ideology. While they may like that in principle, his general ineptitude is showing and they realize he wasn't the liberal savior they dreamed of. Unless you're gay or black, of course, in which case, he's your guy.
Whiffing comes out of the baseball world, I believe, and means a failure to connect with the ball. Not a strike exactly, but they’ve simply glanced it, so it doesn’t really go anywhere. Or at any rate, that’s always been my understanding.
Babe Ruth has been deeply insulted.
Thanks for posting the link, Buckeye, but I was referring to David Brooks of the NYTimes.
Every word Obama utters is ‘whiffing’.
did he actually have any kind of agenda to accomplish on this Asia trip....other than eating sushi?
Thank you for setting the record straight.
I don’t read the Times obviously.
I just write “treason” on the offer and send it
back to them in their prepaid envelope.
So has the Rest of the American Public!
Consider: right or wrong, agree or disagree, Silver went all out with the sanctions on the hapless Sterling, to the max of the commissioner's ability. Compare this with Øbama's de minimis "sanctions" against a handful of Russians. Does MoDo want to have us thinking Barry to Adam as MoDo to CZJ?
Barry is more into hitting Glory Holes...
If you will recall, Brooks wrote a column in late 2007 or early 2008, extolling the greatness of Obama, to include admiring the crease in his pants.
I keep staring at her .... uh.... vaccination!
Philadelphia, March 4, 1797
. . . as something may be expected, the occasion, I hope, will be admitted as an apology if I venture to say that
- if a preference, upon principle, of a free republican government, formed upon long and serious reflection, after a diligent and impartial inquiry after truth;
- if an attachment to the Constitution of the United States, and a conscientious determination to support it until it shall be altered by the judgments and wishes of the people, expressed in the mode prescribed in it;
- if a respectful attention to the constitutions of the individual States and a constant caution and delicacy toward the State governments;
- if an equal and impartial regard to the rights, interest, honor, and happiness of all the States in the Union, without preference or regard to a northern or southern, an eastern or western, position, their various political opinions on unessential points or their personal attachments;
- if a love of virtuous men of all parties and denominations;
- if a love of science and letters and a wish to patronize every rational effort to encourage schools, colleges, universities, academies, and every institution for propagating knowledge, virtue, and religion among all classes of the people, not only for their benign influence on the happiness of life in all its stages and classes, and of society in all its forms, but as the only means of preserving our Constitution from its natural enemies, the spirit of sophistry, the spirit of party, the spirit of intrigue, the profligacy of corruption, and the pestilence of foreign influence, which is the angel of destruction to elective governments;
- if a love of equal laws, of justice, and humanity in the interior administration;
- if an inclination to improve agriculture, commerce, and manufacturers for necessity, convenience, and defense;
- if a spirit of equity and humanity toward the aboriginal nations of America, and a disposition to meliorate their condition by inclining them to be more friendly to us, and our citizens to be more friendly to them;
- if an inflexible determination to maintain peace and inviolable faith with all nations, and that system of neutrality and impartiality among the belligerent powers of Europe which has been adopted by this Government and so solemnly sanctioned by both Houses of Congress and applauded by the legislatures of the States and the public opinion, until it shall be otherwise ordained by Congress;
- if a personal esteem for the French nation, formed in a residence of seven years chiefly among them, and a sincere desire to preserve the friendship which has been so much for the honor and interest of both nations;
- if, while the conscious honor and integrity of the people of America and the internal sentiment of their own power and energies must be preserved, an earnest endeavor to investigate every just cause and remove every colorable pretense of complaint;
- if an intention to pursue by amicable negotiation a reparation for the injuries that have been committed on the commerce of our fellow-citizens by whatever nation, and if success can not be obtained, to lay the facts before the Legislature, that they may consider what further measures the honor and interest of the Government and its constituents demand;
- if a resolution to do justice as far as may depend upon me, at all times and to all nations, and maintain peace, friendship, and benevolence with all the world;
- if an unshaken confidence in the honor, spirit, and resources of the American people, on which I have so often hazarded my all and never been deceived;
- if elevated ideas of the high destinies of this country and of my own duties toward it, founded on a knowledge of the moral principles and intellectual improvements of the people deeply engraven on my mind in early life, and not obscured but exalted by experience and age;
and, with humble reverence, I feel it to be my duty to add, if a veneration for the religion of a people who profess and call themselves Christians, and a fixed resolution to consider a decent respect for Christianity among the best recommendations for the public service, can enable me in any degree to comply with your wishes, it shall be my strenuous endeavor that this sagacious injunction of the two Houses shall not be without effect.
With this great example before me, with the sense and spirit, the faith and honor, the duty and interest, of the same American people pledged to support the Constitution of the United States, I entertain no doubt of its continuance in all its energy, and my mind is prepared without hesitation to lay myself under the most solemn obligations to support it to the utmost of my power.
And may that Being who is supreme over all, the Patron of Order, the Fountain of Justice, and the Protector in all ages of the world of virtuous liberty, continue His blessing upon this nation and its Government and give it all possible success and duration consistent with the ends of His providence. - John Adams, First Inaugural
Whiffing...? You swung big time and only got air.
Yes, Obama is whiffing.
Maureen Dowd is the typical liberal reporter. She works to elect liberals, and then reaps the benefits by reporting on the resulting inept government. She only cares about herself.
Warning!!! This has no redeeming qualities, contains foul language, and is generally disgusting. You are warned your mouse click is through your own volition.
That’s David Brock. David Brooks is a “conservative.”
Et tu MoDo?
Three times in her current diatribe Mo Dowd in effect accuses Barry of being un-American!
“But that being said, you are the American president. And the American president should not perpetually use the word ‘eventually.’ And he should not set a tone of resignation with references to this being a relay race and say hes willing to take ‘a quarter of a loaf or half a loaf,’ and muse that things may not come ‘to full fruition on your timetable.’
“An American president should never say, as you did to the New Yorker editor, David Remnick, about presidents through history: ‘Were part of a long-running story. We just try to get our paragraph right.’
“Mr. President, I am just trying to get my paragraph right. You need to think bigger.
“An American president should never say, as you did Monday in Manila when you got frustrated in a press conference with the Philippine president: ‘You hit singles; you hit doubles. Every once in a while, we may be able to hit a home run.’
Democrats and Mo Dowd wanted an Anti-American president and that is what they got! He is also obviously hiding being a non-American, IMO.
Whiffing....will probably be banned speech in the future.
Heck Im old enough to remember when David Brock was a conservative
Another love-letter from Mo to her hero, Zero. Thanks Seizethecarp.
Branch Rickey brings Jackie Robinson up to play for the Dodgers. He's a fabulous ballplayer.
Think 2008. The Democrats bring up Barack Obama. He can't play worth a damn.
This is known as "Progress."
The tide may actually be turning.
Thank you. As I scrolled down past 14 posts I was starting to worry that FR traditions were fading....
Thanks! IMHO, until Dowd kicks it, the rules are in play, just as they were for Helen Thomas, until that unsavory beast assumed room temperature.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.