Skip to comments.AFTAH Interviews John Stemberger of OnMyHonor.net on New Wholesome Alternative to the Boy Scouts (AF
Posted on 07/19/2013 10:47:54 AM PDT by MacNaughton
This interview with John Stemberger [click HERE to listen], founder of OnMyHonor.net, was recorded today, July 18, 2013. Stemberger describes the formation of a new boys organization that will provide a wholesome alternative to the pro-homosexual Boy Scouts of America (BSA). [Watch an introductory video HERE.] The new boys organization (yet unnamed) will be devoted to building good character among boys, centered on biblical principles. The new group holds its first national convention this September after holding a recent planning meeting of national pro-family leaders in Louisville, Kentucky. Stemberger, who is also president and general counsel of the Florida Family Policy Council, led the grassroots coalition effort to stop the Scouts tragic cave-in allowing openly homosexual youth members. (He explains how the BSA voting process on the proposed pro-gay change was weighted heavily in favor of the Scouts, in part because BSA leaders would not reveal who was voting.) ...
(Excerpt) Read more at americansfortruth.com ...
1. The BSA National professionals hijacked the organization because it needed corporate dollars to (1) keep the pension funds solvent, (2) stoke the litigation coffers in preparation for future sex abuse settlements, and (3) pay for the newest national high adventure base, The Summit.
2. BSA National told its ~282 local council scout executives that the new membership standard to admit open homosexual youth was the way of BSA's future. Either get on board or be prepared to suffer the consequences. BSA National essentially instructed the local council scout executives to stack the deck of their voting delegates with members who were sympathetic to the new membership standard.
3. BSA National kept the identities of the delegates hidden in order to prevent OnMyHonor.Net from contacting them directly about the vote.
4. The vote on 5/23/2013 effectively scuttled the 2000 SCOTUS Dale case which affirmed BSA's private right to association. Stemberger predicted BSA will be forced to admit open homosexual adult members within 2 years.
5. The new organization will be expressly Christian, though members of all religious faiths will be welcome. Youth members struggling with homosexual tendencies will be ministered to with Christian instruction. Any heterosexual youth or adult member who openly sins sexually will be disciplined, including possibly being dismissed from the program.
IMHO, the success or failure of this new organization will say a lot about what used to be called “the silent majority.”
We’re still out here. But a lot of us are dejected and depressed with what is happening to our country.
I wish the new organization much quick success. It is one of very few bright spots on the horizon.
Hopefully they will also use D C Beard’s “The American Boy’s Handybook.” It was the forerunner to the BSA manual and is a wealth of information for any young boy.
Here is a link but I’m on a tablet so it may not work.
< a href = “http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_American_Boy%27s_Handy_Book>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_American_Boy%27s_Handy_Book</a>
The book is still available at Amazon, B&N and other places.
Thanks. I need to get that book for my grandsons.
Thanks for the summary as I’m at work and can’t listen to the MP3 file right now. I hope to see one of these start up soon in my area.
“Hopefully they will also use D C Beards The American Boys Handybook.”
Gee, I thought that was a book by Michelle Obama about her husband’s favorite passion. (Think about it.)