Skip to comments.3 Facts That Prove George Zimmerman is Innocent
Posted on 07/12/2013 8:13:28 PM PDT by NKP_Vet
The idea that there is enough evidence to convict George Zimmerman of murder or manslaughter for the shooting of Trayvon Martin is absolutely absurd. It was never even questionable on the basis of actual evidence. There was no point in which we had evidence that Zimmerman shot him in any other context besides self defense.
On Zimmermans side are eyewitnesses, bloody cuts to the back of his head, a broken nose, and nothing to suggest otherwise. The media created a hysteria which is starting to fade. Even anti-Zimmerman commentators are starting to admit he is innocent.
The media, however, thrives on racial resentment. The political left uses it to create divide so that minorities will continue to vote Democrat and blindly support new welfare policies. Because of this, they need to make this a murder story rather than a self-defense story. Lets look at the facts below:
(Excerpt) Read more at capitalisminstitute.org ...
Facts don’t matter. The jury is 6 women!
Very true, although I thought the defense had a few emotional moments:
The woman that had a home intruder
Indeed, but the Title is “Three FACTS”
I didn’t follow all of the trial but surely there was evidence the shot was at close range. That and the trajectory of the bullet should have backed up GZs account. If he was out “to get” Thugvon, wouldnt he have shot at a safer range and with a different trajectory as a result?
What a crock this entire episode has been.
Wouldn't matter if there were a few metrosexual "males" in the mix, governing by "feelings" is all part of the Wussification of America.
I'm 62 and overweight. I have diabetes and heart trouble. My knees and back are shot. If someone threatens me or my family, I'm not interested in a "fair" fight. I'm going to win the best way I can. Be prepared for lead. I don't know why I would expect Zimmerman to be different than me.
We have a saying in Texas. An armed society is a polite society. Watch who you knock in the head and if you take a shot at the king, you better kill him. Coming in second is a bitch.
The problem has been the focus on irrelevant arguments some of which are actually unsupported by the evidence.
1. GZ racially profiled TM There is no evidence of this.
2. GZ disobeyed an order by the police * The civilian dispatcher, Sean Noffke, testified that he did not give GZ an order and, in fact, he, like his fellow dispatchers, are trained not make comments that sound like commands. * Noffke also testified under cross that, as a result of his asking GZ which way TM was going, GZ could have reasonably interpreted this as being asked to follow Martin. * It is also not a crime in Florida to disregard a comment made by a civilian dispatcher
3. GZ got out of his car Not a crime on public property and not negligent either.
4. GZ followed TM Again, anyone can follow anyone on a public street unless the followee has obtained a restraining order against the follower and even there, the RS only places time, place, and manner restrictions on the person enjoined.
5. GZ wasnt really injured * Under Floridas self-defence laws, one doesnt have to be injured AT ALL to use deadly force * No one is required to refrain from defending himself while another is engaged in or attempting to commit a felony
6. TM is dead through no fault of his own * If you believe that TM assaulted GZ, then he IS dead as a result of his own actions
7. GZ could have left * Under Florida law, there is not a duty to withdraw rather than use deadly force * TM was straddling GZ so how the latter was supposed to leave the scene is unanswered
8. GZ was armed and TM wasnt * Ones fists can be considered weapons and can result in severe bodily harm or death
* GZ was legally carrying a weapon * There is no requirement under the law that the same weapon be used by the assailant * A homeowner can kill an intruder whether or not he has been threatened * Those that attack cannot feign surprise if they are met with superior firepower
9. Stand Your Ground! * SYG is NOT at issue in this trial. * The defence is a classic self-defence case
10. Black men NEVER get to use SYG! * Wrong http://tinyurl.com/nboht35
11. GZ is a man and TM was a boy! * As if boys dont commit murder, rape, and assault everyday in this country.
The prosecutor asked them to rule on emotion. Then the judge told them to rule on the evidence. Let’s see if they’re smart enough to tell the difference. I certainly hope so.
This man has been on top of the trial from day one: He explains the jury instructions given to the Zimmerman jury.
On Martin's side are the fact that his DC "dad" has already declared GZ to be guilty,the rioters that will gather nationwide,egged on by the DC "dad's" hand picked stooge at DOJ...
Yet the prosecutor’s closing argument seemed to ask the jury to totally ignore all the facts you just posted. Plus, they lied like hell concerning the facts just posted.
And the dumbest thing the prosecutor said was Zimmerman should have asked Martin to wait until the cops arrive. Yet during the trial he pointed out that neighborhood watch people are not supposed to even talk to the suspect.
Of course I posted that from yesterday’s fiasco. It was not today’s instructions. Sorry.
I’m a woman and a mother of 4. My youngest is a 26 year old son. I remember well when he was 17. I can feel for his mother. If that was my son, no matter how much trouble he had been in, I would be devastated by his death and would feel great ill-will towards GZ. And to watch his pictures of him dead laying on the ground, and then the final clothes he was wearing with a bullet hole and blood on it would be more than I could take.
BUT, being a mother does not change my opinion of the outcome of this trial. Just the facts, ma’am. Going just by the facts, I could not find GZ guilty of anything.
Beautiful and succinct statement of the misconceptions created by our enemies in the media. Remarkable how people buy arguments like that, so long as they saw it on tv. Reminds me of the manipulation going on during the Clinton impeachment.
<>Facts dont matter. The jury is 6 women! Emotions matter.<>
The author of this article is not a woman.
The prosecution’s spin was that Trayvon saw the gun, screamed (they did maintain that he was the screamer), and started to back off of Z, whereupon he was immediately shot.
They don't want the prosecution to have low self-esteem for performing so terribly, so they will give them manslaughter as a consolation prize.
We’ve got some radio personalities here on the Left Coast that can’t stand it that there isn’t enough evidence to take Zimmerman down, so they belittle everything they can think of about him.
The guy was attacked, was in fear of his life, and he shot and killed the assailant. Where did he go wrong?
Getting out of your car and walking around isn’t a capital offense Trayvon goombas. If it was, then walking around casing homes in the night-time would also be a capital offense, and that’s what Trayvon seemed to be doing.
Sadly, for once, a young Black man that decided to thump a guy for just being there, got what most normal people who were armed would do if attacked like that. Who knew?
This happens a few more times, and perhaps some people will be less inclined to go gangsta on a whim.
Defense did not make this point.
Murder is an empty magazine. Zimmerman only fired one round.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.