Skip to comments.4 Men Sue Boy Scouts, LDS Church in Idaho (alleged sex abuse)
Posted on 06/24/2013 4:31:29 PM PDT by knakEdited on 06/24/2013 4:34:14 PM PDT by Admin Moderator. [history]
BOISE, Idaho (AP) — Four men are suing the Mormon church and Boy Scouts of America in federal court, saying they were sexually abused while attending scouting functions in Idaho.
Attorneys Gilion Dumas, Andrew Chasan and Timothy Walton filed the lawsuit in Boise's U.S. District Court on Monday on behalf of the men, who are named only as John Does I-IV.
(Excerpt) Read more at magicvalley.com ...
Gee, I never saw this coming. /sar
It’s going to a merit badge soon...
Well, looks like there are already gays in the Boy Scouts.
pretty sure nowadays that anywhere you find children you’ll find predators.
But there’s a big difference between a few criminal abusers and a movement to make openly gay abuse the norm.
So these 4 come forward 28-41 years later to file this lawsuit? They just now felt damaged by what they CLAIM happened and just now feel the need for litigation? And I’m SURE the timing of the lawsuit has NOTHING to do with the BSA’s decision to restrict gay Scout leaders and is in NO WAY intended to discredit the BSA. I’m SURE that was all coincidence. And heck, why not throw in the LDS Church as a defendent too—another organization militant gays can’t stand. No, I’m sure this isn’t all a pathetic, transparent effort by the “Accept me! Accept me!” militant homosexual crowd to strike back at 2 organizations they despise, and cost them a mint in legal fees in so doing. But then I also believe Barack Obama is the best president since George Washington /sarc
Missed another one.
Quick! Somebody call the IRS!
We know that Mormon Bishop Mitt Romney has promoted it for 20 years as a politician, and the Mormon church supports it and has let them be members for some time now.
"Mormonism does not consider homosexuality a "sin" and allows chaste gays to hold "callings," or positions in its organizations, when chosen by local LDS leaders, and its written guidelines do not exclude Scouting."
The LDS church has been covering up sex abuse for decades. it is just now, in the past few years, coming to light. There have been other lawsuits and out of court settlements.
When I was LDS there was a rapist in our Stake (similar to Catholic diocese) that the High Council would cover up, threaten the women with church discipline if they reported it and move him to another ward. The only reason I found out about it is the man’s shrink - my boss and my boyfriend’s father) broke confidentiality to warn me.
Mormonism is all about closing the ranks and protecting ‘the Church’.
Isn’t gayness being promoted everywhere in Western society by the introduction of same-sex “marriage”?
They do the same thing with adultery, and divorce for that matter. Very first instructuions are to keep everything a secret.
1. Scouts had homosexual leaders
2. In this case mormon homosexual leaders
3. These men sued
4. Good for them
Think about it, if only we had same sex “marriage” and polygamy none of this would happen /s/
If someone is chaste they aren’t homosexual or heterosexual or even monosexual, they are asexual.
Mormons support the new Boy Scout ruling and Bishop Romney has supported gay Scout masters for 20 years.
I don’t think that it was based on a perfect faith in the 100% chastity of homosexuals wanting to lead young men.
That is not a correct statement. A person who does not have sex outside a marital covenant is not asexual. They most likely choose not to have sex outside of marriage.
It ain't abuse if society accepts it.
And then some...
20. Then the LORD said, "The outcry against Sodom and Gomorrah is so great and their sin so grievous
21. that I will go down and see if what they have done is as bad as the outcry that has reached me. If not, I will know."
4. Before they had gone to bed, all the men from every part of the city of Sodom--both young and old--surrounded the house.
5. They called to Lot, "Where are the men who came to you tonight? Bring them out to us so that we can have sex with them."
6. Lot went outside to meet them and shut the door behind him
7. and said, "No, my friends. Don't do this wicked thing.
Isaiah 3:9 The look on their faces testifies against them; they parade their sin like Sodom; they do not hide it. Woe to them! They have brought disaster upon themselves.
2 Peter 2:13b Their idea of pleasure is to carouse in broad daylight. They are blots and blemishes, reveling in their pleasures while they feast with you.
49. "`Now this was the sin of your sister Sodom: She and her daughters were arrogant, overfed and unconcerned; they did not help the poor and needy.
50. They were haughty and did detestable things before me. Therefore I did away with them as you have seen.
1. But there were also false prophets among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you. They will secretly introduce destructive heresies, even denying the sovereign Lord who bought them--bringing swift destruction on themselves.
2. Many will follow their shameful ways and will bring the way of truth into disrepute.
3. In their greed these teachers will exploit you with stories they have made up. Their condemnation has long been hanging over them, and their destruction has not been sleeping.
4. For if God did not spare angels when they sinned, but sent them to hell, putting them into gloomy dungeons to be held for judgment;
5. if he did not spare the ancient world when he brought the flood on its ungodly people, but protected Noah, a preacher of righteousness, and seven others;
6. if he condemned the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah by burning them to ashes, and made them an example of what is going to happen to the ungodly;
7. and if he rescued Lot, a righteous man, who was distressed by the filthy lives of lawless men
8. (for that righteous man, living among them day after day, was tormented in his righteous soul by the lawless deeds he saw and heard)--
9. if this is so, then the Lord knows how to rescue godly men from trials and to hold the unrighteous for the day of judgment, while continuing their punishment.
10. This is especially true of those who follow the corrupt desire of the sinful nature and despise authority. Bold and arrogant, these men are not afraid to slander celestial beings;
11. yet even angels, although they are stronger and more powerful, do not bring slanderous accusations against such beings in the presence of the Lord.
12. But these men blaspheme in matters they do not understand. They are like brute beasts, creatures of instinct, born only to be caught and destroyed, and like beasts they too will perish.
13. They will be paid back with harm for the harm they have done. Their idea of pleasure is to carouse in broad daylight. They are blots and blemishes, reveling in their pleasures while they feast with you.
But there IS hope!!!
1 Corinthians 6:9-11
9. Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived:
Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders
10. nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.
11. And that is what some of you were. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.
If you could NOT change, you would be in most pitiful shape...
It is actually defined both broadly and narrowly, so I think the best thing is to qualify what is meant by chaste. It always means no sexual relations outside of marriage, but is often used to mean celibacy.
However, I see “chaste homosexual” as an oxymoron. Unless you buy into the argument that people are born homosexual, in the same way one is born male or female, homosexual describes an act and a conscious choice, not a state of being.
What makes you so sure their claims are legit? I always exercise a healthy skepticism for victim claims that come decades after the fact. And the timing of their emergence doesn’t strike you as suspicious, right after the BSA announcement continuing to disavow homosexual leadership that angered the agendized homosexual left ? Sorry but you’re wrong. Homosexuals have never been allowed to serve as Scout Leaders. If a few well closeted ones slipped through that’s not BSA’s fault nor the LDS Church’s fault. If you’re looking for homosexuals in this, it’s the people behind this suspiciously timed lawsuit, a concoction they no doubt had waiting in the wings to discredit two organizations gays despise, in the event of an adverse decision to the homosexual agenda from the BSA.
hum? Have you been reading the news the BS have changed to openly saying “a ok”.
My statement is what it is.
Actually, that is not what the BSA decided. The BSA continued the ban on gay Scout leaders, but allow gay boys to be a part of Scouting so long as they adhere to standards of moral behavior. Not allowing gay Scout leaders was by far the biggest concern so predatory types couldn't get in there and go after defenseless kids. Gay boys are a far lesser concern. Most will keep their sexuality to themselves for fear of being made fun of, so there is little danger from them. It is not ununsual for young teen boys to be confused about sexuality at that age. Most who are grow out of it. Why penalize them for their hormones messing with their brains and emotions? Perhaps being a part of Scouting will help them find direction.