Free Republic
Browse · Search
Topics · Post Article

Skip to comments.

Ushackle Us From Progressive Mob Rule ^ | June 14, 2013 | John Ransom

Posted on 06/14/2013 4:43:30 AM PDT by Kaslin

Barbara1247 wrote:  The Republicans have helped bring us to this sorry state of affairs. - How About More Scandal, Incompetence, Venality, Hubris, Vanity and Error to Start

Dear Comrade 1247,

You’re a liberal, so even when you are right- like you are now- it’s accidental.

So as a public service, let me explain to you, in the simplest terms, what you got right, accidentally.

Certainly the GOP has helped establish a track record of what might be the sorriest 25 years of governing in American history. But it’s because they have supported watered-down versions of the Democrat agenda.

For every frick we have in government, we have another frack on the other side, proposing something equally idiotic.

I mean really: How do you run against each other for president as Mitt Romney and Barack Obama did and pretend like there is that much substance between the two parties at times?

Obama spied, so did Bush.

Was Mitt Romney going to stop the NSA spying program? Heck and no.

Obama declared war, as president, without the consent of Congress. Bush waged an unpopular war, which was poorly justified and poorly run.

Obama’s kept GTIMO open, killed American citizens by assassination, which he claims he has the legal authority to do.

George Bush on the other hand opened GITMO as a prisoner of war camp and allowed the torture of enemy combatants, which he claimed that he had the legal authority to do.

But here’s the difference: Bush isn’t some moralizing, Nobel-peace prize-winning, hypocrite wannabe who thinks America’s problem is that he’s not emperor.

Obama, on the other hand, is.

If the GOP – and George Bush- made mistakes, they’ve been honest mistakes.

Obama’s nothing but a pile of deceit, stuffed into an empty suit and trumpeted from a teleprompter.

When you allow your president to allow the attorney general to desist from prosecuting one of the most egregious examples of voter intimidation in the last 30 years, it’s not going to end well for you and your party.

And do you know why?

Because you pretend that there is some moral virtue that makes progressives better than anyone else.

And you pinned that claim to a guy with many talents, but virtue is not amongst them. 

You guys have that habit too.

Bill Clinton was even a more talented guy than Barack Obama is; he’s a wretched person, however. And I think his wife is even worse. 

I can’t wait to read the new book, she’s writing. From what I hear, it will likely make average Americans cringe.

Of course Democrats will treat it like it deserves a Noble prize in literature.

But here’s the real point for both parties: Our mode of government is inadequate for a period of time when there is more freedom, more equality of access, more people entering the middle class globally than ever before.

What we need is less government interventionism, less Big Brother, not more. We should be entering a period of worldwide freedom, unshackled by the tyranny of the progressive  mob.

In a period where we have more data to make decisions about how to live our lives, how to best use our talent and how to gain an education that’s right for us, our government is using that technology to limit our choices, to revert to a patristic, feudalism that keeps us trapped in the intellectual remnants of the 19th and 20th century.

What people do with the conflict between technology’s liberating capacity and the desire of government to limit us, well, one day that will be called “The History of the 21st Century.”

MorganDog wrote: you have obviously never negotiated a contract with an employer. If you think that you could go to your boss and negotiate work terms and rules with them, you are sadly mistaken and not very well informed. He would eat you up and spit you out. You probably would leave the room making less money per year and with fewer,if any, benefits. The reason collective bargaining works is because of numbers. The more people you have bargaining, the easier it is to come to an agreement. A labor contract protects you from your employers' natural greed and firing you because he does not like you for whatever reason. - Hail, Hail Michigan

Dear Comrade Dog,

I negotiate a contract with my employer every day that I show up for work- which is every day.

Here’s the deal: I work hard and provide the best work product that I can. My employer pays me an agreed-upon amount on time.

If I don’t like it, I find another employer. If my employer doesn’t like me he finds another employee to replace me.

My employer is greedy- thank you employer because your greed keeps me employed. But I am greedy too. Thus all things are happy. In our mutual greed, we find success.

Ericynot wrote: I always figured that, if given enough time, Ransom would get around to the subject of glory holes :) - Finally, My Views on Gold

Dear Comrade Eric,

I’ve seen some really dumb comments, but this one is one of the dumbest. There are some comments that are so dumb that they deserve further mention, kind of like when a judge lectures a felon at the sentencing.

Look, I don’t mind potty humor- I’m immature so I kind of enjoy it. But humor has to have some relevance, otherwise it’s just crass and rude.

But I always figured that, if given enough time, you would get around to crass and rude.


Thegoshdarnlibreal wrote: Using gold to support your diatribe against the left shows your readers to be dreamers and pie in the sky faithful who refuse to accept any responsibility for their condition because God did it all and who are we to challenge it.Finally, My Views on Gold

Dear Comrade Gosh,

I know. I’m terrible.

I’m manipulating gold for my own petty partisan purposes.

Charge me with a hate crime. Or better yet, accuse me of not being patriotic.

Or here’s an idea: call me racist, or greedy. Tie me somehow to work for the Koch Brothers, or accuse me of profiting on an offshore deal.

Talk about how I’m just a rich, Wall Street Republican who manipulates gold and rhetoric to protect corporations and wage a war on women.

I think I have just about exhausted the current stable of Democrat talking points.

What have I missed? 

LoninPa wrote: Is Ransom saying that the Senate would never approve the tax bill that they already approved and sent to the house? I know it started out as a non-tax bill with the tax part amended on. But that hardly changes the fact that the Senate voted for it.

What Ransom, pretty much alone, seems to have missed is that the Democrats don't have to vote for a tax hike bill. The Republicans voted for one 12 years ago (extended by a compromise for two years) and it will go into effect in January. The Democrats only plan on passing tax cut bills. That is not so unpopular. - Obama: More Peas for You!

Dear Comrade Lon,

Getting past the argument that tax bills must originate in the House, technically speaking, you are still wrong. You’re wrong mostly because you’re a liberal. But the particulars of your argument aren’t good to you either.

If you think Democrats are going to be able to skate through on the argument that because they didn’t vote for anything and just let tax cuts expire that somehow they won’t have to own the resulting tax increases, then you don’t understand why the Democrats didn’t vote for Obama’s budget in February. No one’s escaping from this well no matter what the GOP does.  Personally I hope the GOP moderates help pass the tax increase in the House. Increasing tax rates is bad policy and by passing them Obama will once again get his wish- and it won’t have any good effect economically. While it won’t hurt Obama particularly, it also won’t help his party.

RiffRaff wrote: Moral Authority. isn't that what all President's claim they possess? Is that what gives their actions transcendent authority? A President who presides over an immoral and unethical administration diminishes his strongest force for good. He is an empty suit at best. - How About More Scandal, Incompetence, Venality, Hubris, Vanity and Error to Start

Dear Riff,

Yes, moral authority is all the president has.

And here’s the secret behind Obama maintaining moral authority in the U.S.: Americans don’t know what morality is anymore.  They think the color of someone’s skin is more important than the content of his character. 

See above and see below. 

Jeff2422 wrote: Well, John, discussing the media is an easy article to write. For the most part, the talking heads, bloggers, and editors have accepted the idea that the federal government should be in control of the economy. - Media Mediums and Obama’s Soft Patch

Dear Jeff,

Discussing the media is an easy column to write. But try writing about anything 5-6 days a week and make it interesting. Especially “an easy column to write.”

You run the risk of redundancy, which of course I would like to avoid, avoid, avoid.

Yes, that is something I would like to avoid. 

By the way, what do you have against writing easy columns?

DoctorRoy wrote: I agree. It's time for Holder to go. Actually it was probably time when he made that ridiculous statement about not prosecuting because they are too big. that's something i would have expected out of the previous administration. You know a I am suspending capitalism in order to save capitalism sort of thing.

- Liberals Find Out Eric Holder is Who We Said He Was

Dear Comrade Doctor,

Oh, I see: Blame Bush is it?

Is it really that difficult to admit that your president is a doofus who doesn’t actually represent anything other than the projection of his own power?

We have been through this many times with you Comrade Doctor.

And every time we point out an example of corruption in the Obama administration, all you do is say, “Well, Bush was worse.”

You apparently are OK with the targeting of groups by political affiliation practiced by the IRS, the seizure of phone records by the AP and Fox News, the Benghazi cover up, the DOJ ignoring voter suppression when it’s practiced by the Black Panther party, Fast and Furious, etc., etc., but you’re still outraged at Bush about Abu Ghraib.

Eleven Americans were convicted of crimes at Abu Ghraib.

We’ll never see anyone, ever convicted of anything under the reign of St. Obama.

Adendulk wrote: No John if you understand anything about the building industry you should know that it is there that you find the most undocumented workers in the home builders section and the remodeling sectors, but then he if you don't mind all the illegal workers on the payroll why don't you hire them John. - Did IRS Target Homebuilders on Behalf of Mobbed-Up Union?

Dear Comrade Dulk,

Once again, I have no idea what you are talking about. But then again, we’re even, because neither do you.

The issue here is whether the Obama administration picked on homebuilders- with the IRS as the muscle- in order to protect help unions; unions that still have mob influence.

I asked the question in light of the IRS willingness to stifle political discourse by holding up applications for 501(c)4s from conservative groups. 

If you were asserting that unions are racist because they discriminate against minority groups, well, I would agree with you.  But it’s hard to tell when someone completely ignores- almost- punctuation.

What you seem to be mumbling about is the same thing that happened in the 1930s with unions and African Americans. When black Americans started competing with unions for jobs, the unions got congress to pass the Davis Bacon Act. The Davis-Bacon Act was a Jim Crow law protecting union jobs and wages at the expense of black Americans.

It seems that you are alleging that the administration is targeting illegal aliens on behalf of unions in the same way.

Valy wrote: Look, you hypocrites:

you WANT the poor to exist, they do the low jobs

you KNOW you give the poor crums ot keep them poor

you were born with opportunities and Mommy (wait, you probably had a non-working mom), your daddy gave you the money

Stop bringing i discussion the 1-2% making it with no help, they are exceptions

You never bring up the stupid, genetically impaired "trust money" kids that stay rich their whole life because they just can

SO...have more but, forget about it


AND I LOVE TO RUB IT IN YOUR FACE - Teaching How to Sell Women into Slavery

Dear Comrade Valy,

Your exposition seems to be a cross between a performance art piece, a haiku recitation and the lyrics to a Bob Dylan song.

Have you put in the musical score yet?

I really think that Dylan especially would be interested. I tried out a few of the lines on guitar while singing off-key in a low voice, kind of a blend of Tom Petty and Dylan.

Please get back in contact with whatever Occupy Wall Street drum-circle you fled from and secure the rights immediately.

Myer wrote: “Whenever someone expresses moral disapproval in a legal context,” ...Kagan has an ethical objection to those of us who might have an ethical objection to the state of marriage.

There is a difference between "ethical" and "moral". One has as its source individual internal guidance and the other is based on the external social system. Its a distinction with a difference and the failure to understand what someone means when they make a statement because you are too sloppy or too opinionated to listen makes the conversation impossible.

But then I guess people who characterize the people at the Davos Summit as communists have a definition of marxism that can include someone who flys in his own air plane purchased with money he made in the stock market. - Teaching How to Sell Women into Slavery

Dear Comrade Myer,

Oh yes, another liberal metro sophisticate who gives me the Merriam-Webster dictionary definition almost verbatim. 

Give that man a passing credit from Occidental College!

Why, with an intellect like that you could be president.

Actually what makes the conversation impossible is the refusal of your camp to identify anything as objectively right or wrong whether you talk about morals or ethics.

Ethics is an outgrowth of morality. If there is no morality, then there are no ethics. While you seem to understand the dictionary definitions, you have no concept of how they are applied.

It would be like me pointing out the difference between Communist and Marxist, which you use interchangeably. You can use them interchangeably in this instance, because it’s an informal discussion, but if you were to be making a scholastic argument about the people at Davos, the distinguishing characteristics of Marxist or Communist would likely make a difference. 

That said, one would think that when a high-brow literati like you takes on a low-brow Tea Party, knuckle–dragger who just happens to be smart enough to have accumulated more wealth on behalf of us One Precenters than anyone else in human history…

Consistency isn’t a liberal strong suit.

It’s hilarious how you see it: On the one hand you have to talk down to us, because we’re too stupid to understand anything, but on the other hand, we're so clever that we managed to gather more money and power than anyone else.

We're either that clever or we ain’t.

Steve wrote: John, I enjoy your columns but I have to wonder why you engage with the far left loons and tin-foil hat crowd. You're more than capable of chopping apart their arguments but absolutely nothing you can say to them will change their minds.

Dear Steve,

Sometimes art can’t be explained.

It’s just there for enjoyment.


That’s it for this week,



TOPICS: Business/Economy; Constitution/Conservatism; Culture/Society; Editorial
KEYWORDS: cultureofcorruption; governmentregs; gunrights; history; johnransom; lamestreammedia; mob; rnc; socialjustice; wealthredistrubution

1 posted on 06/14/2013 4:43:30 AM PDT by Kaslin
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | View Replies]

To: Kaslin

....Or we will do it ourselves!

2 posted on 06/14/2013 4:44:34 AM PDT by Biggirl ("Jesus talked to us as individuals"-Jim Vicevich/Thanks JimV!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

To: Kaslin

The blame goes to ROve and ROmney who attacked Gov. Palin
in 2008 throwing the Election to Obama.

They then attacked every conservative in 2012, until
they were there alone, and then ‘gave up’.

Obama is TWICE pRes_ _ent because of the GOPe and Romney.

3 posted on 06/14/2013 4:46:30 AM PDT by Diogenesis
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

To: Biggirl; Kaslin
That’s it for this week

As if I could possibly take anymore without throwing myself of the nearest bridge :p

4 posted on 06/14/2013 4:50:35 AM PDT by corlorde (forWARD of the state)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 2 | View Replies]

To: Kaslin
"George Bush on the other hand opened GITMO as a prisoner of war camp and allowed the torture of enemy combatants,...

Water boarding isn't torture. You were doing well until you scratched you fingernails across the chalkboard with this cr*p.

5 posted on 06/14/2013 6:03:43 AM PDT by Jabba the Nutt (.Are they stupid, malicious or evil?)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

To: Kaslin
"Unshackle Us"

Nobody gives you freedom, you take it.

Instead, "Conservatives" expect someone else to beat the mean old liberals why they admire their clean and neat gun collection that they have no intention of ever using.

6 posted on 06/14/2013 6:23:37 AM PDT by ClaytonP
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.

Free Republic
Browse · Search
Topics · Post Article

FreeRepublic, LLC, PO BOX 9771, FRESNO, CA 93794 is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson