Skip to comments.GOA Submits Comments Opposing Backdoor Gun Control Efforts by Health And Human Services
Posted on 06/08/2013 8:04:52 AM PDT by EXCH54FE
As a Second Amendment organization representing 375,000 members, we are writing to express our concern over Health And Human Services (HHS) proposed rule that was printed in the April 23rd, 2013 issue of the Federal Register.
These regulations would, by executive fiat, waive all federal privacy laws and encourage doctors to report their patients to the FBI.
Please understand a couple of things: First, the standard which a doctor would use to turn in a patient is embodied in Clinton-era ATF language and in the anti-gun Veterans Disarmament Act of 2007.
Specifically, a doctor would report a patient if he suspected he or she was even a slight danger to himself of others or was unable to manage his financial affairs.
So if a doctor says his patient cant balance his checkbook, then he loses his constitutional rights.
But theres another problem: The day these regulations become law, lawyers will be lining up to sue deep-pocket psychiatrists for every case where they failed to turn in a patient to NICS if the patient subsequently engages in a horrific act.
The bottom line? Any psychiatrist who failed to report all of his patients to the NICS system risks losing everything if any of them engages in harmful conduct. Soon the rule of thumb will be: See a shrink; lose your guns.
These regulations will apply to private, as well as government-employed psychiatrists. And this will only discourage people from getting the very help they need.
The bad news is that more than 150,000 military veterans perhaps as many as 165,000 -- have already lost their gun rights because of the see a VA shrink, lose your gun rights precedent from the Clinton-Bush era.(1)
(Excerpt) Read more at ammoland.com ...
Tel the Dr. it’s NGDB!
Tell the same toanyone from the Goberment that asks.
It won’t just be psychiatrists, it will be every medical doctor as well, all in a big CYA frenzy.
1st....Get religion and faith,
2nd....Talk with your pastor,
3rd.....Don’t go to a shrink.
Hell, that's probably three quarter of the American public.
That way they aren't being disrespectful and they aren't lying.
The net result will be WAY LESS people seeking help. In most cases, this is a good thing, but there are some people that really do need help (maybe 5% of the people going to shrinks - the other 95% go there for drugs).
I recently was called with a push poll concerning Sen Flake, AZ-R. It asked me if I had a gun in the house. I didn’t answer but many will think they have to answer. They are trying to register everyone by nefarious means. This is just one example.
“2nd....Talk with your pastor,”
Just how would you know that he wasn’t in on the gov’t business too?
I am to the point where I dont’ trust anyone. This is the Communist way, rat out your friends and neighbors to save yourself.
The next time they ask a stupid question like that reply with ‘Why, are you planning on robbing me?’
I refused to answer. It was obvious it was a poll commissioned by Bloomberg. They have been running ads against Flake ever since he voted against Toomey-Manchin. There were other intrusive questions that I didn’t answer either.
Does your pastor even know your last name?
Does he have written records on you?
Are there federal forms on which he’s required to report?
Sorry, you’ve used up my supply of tin foil.
“Does your pastor even know your last name?”
We don’t call them “pastors” in our church, but, yes he does!
“Does he have written records on you?”
The answer is YES!
“Are there federal forms on which hes required to report?”
Actually, I don’t know, but would that really matter if the government came asking about me? After all, churches want to keep their tax exempt status and they want to be “good citizens.”
Sorry about your tinfoil supply! Costco has Reynolds Wrap on Sale!
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.