Skip to comments.Weiner Shows Gains on Heels of Candidacy Announcement (within margin of error 24-19%: Marist Poll)
Posted on 05/28/2013 1:07:49 PM PDT by drewh
In the first poll since his announcement, Weiner places second with the support of 19% of the citys registered Democrats. New York City Council Speaker Christine Quinn still leads but with only 24% of Democrats support, the lowest she has had in this race.
Among registered Democrats in New York City, including those who are undecided yet leaning toward a candidate, if the Democratic primary were held today, here is how the contest would stand: 24% Christine Quinn 19% Anthony Weiner 12% Bill de Blasio 11% Bill Thompson 8% John Liu 1% Sal Albanese <1% Erick Salgado 1% Other 23% Undecided Click Here for Complete May 28, 2013 NYC Marist Poll Release and Tables
The Democratic primary for mayor remains wide open, says Dr. Lee M. Miringoff, Director of The Marist College Institute for Public Opinion. It is likely to come down to who can punch their ticket for the runoff.
Majority Willing to Give Weiner a Second Chance How do registered voters in New York City react to Anthony Weiners candidacy when considering the sexting scandal that resulted in his resignation from Congress? A majority of voters 53% say he deserves a second chance. 39% believe Weiner does not have the character to be mayor, and 8% are unsure.
Among Democrats, 59% think he deserves a second chance. 58% of non-enrolled voters feel the same. However, six in ten Republicans 61% believe he does not have the character to be mayor. But registered Democrats divide when asked about their impressions of Weiner.
44% of Democrats view him favorably, while 44% do not. 12% are unsure. In April, 45% of the citys Democrats had a favorable view of Weiner, and 41% had a negative view of him. 15% were unsure at the time.
(Excerpt) Read more at maristpoll.marist.edu ...
Being an alcoholic lesbian who abuses her staff(Quinn) or a lying narcissistic sexual deviant (Weiner) is not a hinderance with Democratic Party primary voters. No doubt they will run first and second in the primary election. Sadly one of them will probably be the next mayor of New York and transform the once greatest city in the world into another Detroit.
Hillary! will have to make a difficult choice between Weenie and DeVal Patrick for her VP in 2016.
that’s what she said.
How would you feel if you were one of the other Dem mayoral candidates who is actually losing to Weiner? Maybe if they called a press conference and then mooned the press, they could pull up even in the polls.
I can think of no reason at all why New Yorkers shouldn’t be smacked in the face by Weiner for years to come.
He’s perfect for them.
Weiner may just slide in there.
Isn’t there a typo in the name of the poll? Didn’t they leave out an “x”? Lol.
Is he rising in the poles?
Being Mayor of New York City is definitely not a missionary position.
Anybody know the election rules in NYC?
Does the most votes win or have to get a majority?
Definitely rising to the occasion.
Actually, it’s based on length... maybe some extra points for diameter...
With slogans like A WEINER IN EVERY BUN. And once elected you will RELISH ME. It no wonder this WEINER has risen in the polls.
Scouts Out! Cavalry Ho!
Anthony wins the election: Weiner wins by ...the skin of his.....oh, wait, I forgot...he’s Jewish....
Weiner’s growth, lead extended!
How about despot Mike Bloomberg? They complain “Oh the guy is a tyrant! He is making life hell!” Then he overturns term limits and what do they do? Reelect him again!