Skip to comments.CBS: Illegals Entering US Triple With Talk of Immigration Reform
Posted on 05/02/2013 9:51:38 AM PDT by Nachum
Arrests of illegal immigrants crossing into the United States have nearly tripled in recent months in anticipation of Congressional efforts to enact comprehensive immigration legislation, border patrol agents told CBS News Wednesday.
Once the first group gets across, they call their family, they call their friends and let them know, Hey the time is right, come on over, Border Patrol agent and union representative Chris Cabrera told CBS News.
In March, 7,500 illegals were arrested in the Rio Grande Valley of South Texas which includes McAllen Cabrera told CBS News. Thats up from 2,800 in January.
(Excerpt) Read more at newsmax.com ...
The list, Ping
Let me know if you would like to be on or off the ping list
We have the dumbest bunch of pols on the planet running our country. And many of the pubbies are the smart ones in that group.
But it’s OK to defend our sovereignty from the invading self-supporting CANADIANS ..
But forget about the entitlement Mexicali’s
Government is right !
We need more Chechians, who claim that they are moderates ! /sarc
God don’t say that! I had a Freeper rake me over the coals and call me an Obama supporter for daring to speak ill of the Holy and uncorruptable GOP yesterday.
Nappy is sure doin’ a heck-of-a-job with the Southern Border.
If a nation cannot protect the sovereignty of its borders it, in time, will cease to exist. This country is well along that path at this point ... in 30-50 years the US will resemble a current south or Central American country. The US that we know today will be gone ... GWB at the opening of his Presidential library stated in his speech Americas best days lie ahead ... this is total BS.
Just heard on our local news Mexican immigration is way down because of the improving Mexican economy.
And who didn’t see this coming?
That is why you do these thingd one step at a time.
FIRST secure the border (a massive concertina wire fence and mine fields work for me).
I said it elsewhere but...
We KNOW what pond scum this admin is and nothing we say to them will change what they are.
We are supposed to have a party in opposition. That party, responsible for keeping the communists on a short leash has instead joined them in trashing America. perhaps our anger should be directed at the ‘other’ group in DC not doing their jobs. At least a couple of them are still acting like American. Cruz and...oh well, it will come to me....maybe...
Sad thing is when America is finished, all these politicians will be living in other countries with stolen taxpayer money.
As I told my House member Mick Mulvaney at the Town Hall he held the other night, the Gang of 8’s bill does four things-it creates votes for the politicians, members for the unions, cheap labor for the Chamber of Commerce, and screws the rest of the country. My Immigration Reform Bill wouldn’t be but a page long and it’d fix the damn problem. Here it is:
1. Strip the Government of the ability to grant Amnesty to illegals in any form.
2. End birthright citizenship by making it necessary for both parents to be either natural born, naturalized, or a combination of both.
3. Make it a felony to be here illegally with a penalty of five years in jail with no parole. Repeat offenders are subject to three strikes laws.
4. Make E-Verify the law of the land for employment, education, housing, medical care and welfare programs. Illegals must be reported to ICE upon verification of legal status.
5. Strip any employer knowingly violating the law of all goverment contracts or aid. Violation of the law results in the same five year prison penalty as the illegals.
6. Strip any nonprofit of their tax expempt status for knowingly granting sancuary to an illegals. Those actually granting sanctuary are subject to a five year prison term.
7. Strip any politicain found guilty of aiding an illegal by willfully ignoring the law of their office and the benefits of it (healthcare and pension).
8. Enforce all aspects of the Immigration laws now on the books.
In the Road Warrior scenario they engineered, they may find their island paradises annexed by Bartertown. And ultimately working in ‘fuel production’.
I don’t think they will have the private utopia they dream of for long.
Rubio: The fence will be built in 5 years. What’s the problem?
Providing incentives for people to cross the border illegally has exactly the effect of causing more people to cross the border illegally. It’s simple psychology.
“God dont say that! I had a Freeper rake me over the coals and call me an Obama supporter for daring to speak ill of the Holy and uncorruptable GOP yesterday.”
I take it that you didn’t kiss the ring? : )
” Sad thing is when America is finished, all these politicians will be living in other countries with stolen taxpayer money.”
Many, if not most, will.
Post 30 and 69. No response.