Skip to comments.Boston bombing suspect cites U.S. wars as motivation, officials say (Bush's fault)
Posted on 04/23/2013 1:55:24 PM PDT by Brad from Tennessee
The 19-year-old suspect in the Boston Marathon bombings has told interrogators that the American wars in Iraq and Afghanistan motivated him and his brother to carry out the attack, according to U.S. officials familiar with the interviews.
The officials, who spoke on condition of anonymity to describe an ongoing investigation, said Dzhokhar and his older brother, Tamerlan Tsarnaev, who was killed by police as the two attempted to avoid capture, do not appear to have been directed by a foreign terrorist organization.
Rather, the officials said, the evidence so far suggests they were self-radicalized through Internet sites and U.S. actions in the Muslim world. Dzhokhar Tsarnaev has specifically cited the U.S. war in Iraq, which ended in December 2011 with the removal of the last American forces, and the war in Afghanistan, where President Obama plans to end combat operations by the end of 2014. . .
(Excerpt) Read more at washingtonpost.com ...
I believe he said it.
Obama and muslims have the same worldview.
His lawyer probably led him to that.
I wonder what "their" next act will be.
Seems more likely the islamist terrorists were motivated by the sequester.
I wonder if he was part of the Occupy Movement? He sounds a lot like they do with regard to foreign policy. Funny, it looks like he falls on the side of Radical Muslims and Lefties. (We need to check the photos from Occupy Boston)
uh huh. “self-radicalized” ok, fine. but who’s been paying their bills?
So this little scumbag, who swore allegiance to the USA, was not perturbed at all by the cowardly attacks by his fellow jihadists on the USA, but rather he was motivated by the consequences to do the same thing? Special kind of stupidcrazy right there...
The degree to which there is a cover-up in progress by the FBI and DHS is epic. This makes Fast & Furious and Benghazi look like child's play. Where are these bomber's firearms traced to? We'll never get an answer to that.
Right off the bat, in your very own post you completely steal my basic theme.
You are forgiven.
Indeed, how convenient that it is that the Government is illegally putting out information that supports it's Lone Wolf version of events. Color me skeptical.
OTHO, I really doubt if even The One has the power to control the data flowing from Chechnya and/or Dagestan. So I think we will learn the truth despite the efforts of the Administration to suppress it. But of course we are the 5%. For the other 95% it is doubtful.
This guy is going to have the left wrapped around his finger in no time.
The anonymous “officials” in this story are likely in the White House rather than law enforcement.
Thanks for link.
“The 19-year-old suspect in the Boston Marathon bombings has told interrogators that the American wars ... motivated him and his brother to carry out the attack”
Wow, just like bill Ayres and Bernardine Dohrn!
Now we have two NEW heroes for Obama to worship! And these two guys are even better than Ayres and Dohrn because the new guys are doing it for Muslimism!
OK, what prompted Bush's (actually America's) response, i.e. 9-11-2001, didn't count? Apparently so.
Since they dropped two bombs at Boston Marathon, and other killing, more IEDs.
So sick and tired of the “Bush's war” meme.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.