Skip to comments.RNC: Voters see GOP as ‘scary’ and ‘out of touch'
Posted on 03/18/2013 9:04:13 AM PDT by Sub-Driver
RNC: Voters see GOP as scary and out of touch' By: Maggie Haberman March 18, 2013 07:00 AM EDT
The Republican National Committee concedes in a sprawling report Monday that the GOP is seen as the party of stuffy old men and needs to change its ways.
Among the RNCs proposed fixes: enacting comprehensive immigration reform, addressing middle-class economic anxieties head on and condensing a presidential primary process that saw Mitt Romney get battered for months ahead of the general election.
The committee also proposes major improvements to the partys voter database and digital technology, which paled next to that of the Democrats and contributed to the partys losses last year.
The suggestions are among dozens the committee makes in what RNC Chairman Reince Priebus has dubbed an autopsy of the partys 2012 failures and a roadmap forward. Priebus unveiled the 98-page report at a news conference Monday morning at The National Press Club.
Theres no one reason we lost, Priebus said. Our message was weak; our ground game was insufficient; we werent inclusive; we were behind in both data and digital; our primary and debate process needed improvement. So, theres no one solution: Theres a long list of them.
The report devotes many pages to the need to better connect with minority, female and young voters. Comprehensive immigration reform is a critical first step, it says.
(Excerpt) Read more at politico.com ...
Politico....who’d a thunk?
yeah- and that’s among registered Republican rank and file voters.
Do they even need to ask what democrat voters think of Republicans?
Reince who ?
What do people see Democrats as?
Inept leadership comes to my mind.
I see them more as spineless and Politically Correct.
I’m a conservative, and I see the Republican Party as scary and out of touch.
Don’t you think it’s scary and out of touch to field candidates like Chris Christie and Jeb Bush for POTUS?
Don’t you think it’s scary and out of touch to continue to fund 0bungo-care?
Don’t you think it’s scary and out of touch to even consider any of the “gun control” measures being introduced by the drooling and foaming anti-gun zealots?
I’m OK with comprehensive immigration reform as long as step one is deport them all and their anchor brats too!
1. If we want ethnic minority voters to support Republicans, we have to engage them, and show our sincerity.
Translation: Play identity politics and promise to provide even more government benefits than the Dems.
2. As stated above, we are not a policy committee, but among the steps Republicans take in the Hispanic community and beyond we must embrace and champion comprehensive immigration reform. If we do not, our Partys appeal will continue to shrink to its core constituencies only. We also believe that comprehensive immigration reform is consistent with Republican economic policies that promote job growth and opportunity for all.
Translation: Accept and champion amnesty. Who cares if it takes jobs from Americans, depresses wages, and adds to the Dem voting rolls so they can be the permanent majority party.
3. When it comes to social issues, the Party must in fact and deed be inclusive and welcoming. If we are not, we will limit our ability to attract young people and others, including many women, who agree with us on some but not all issues.
Translation: Accept gay marriage and pro-choice
Dang, you beat me to it.
We lost the culture wars on this a LONG time ago, and the mainstream media reinforces the meme, daily.
In one night on TV, I watched a CSI that said the militia murder suspect “Might as well have been wearing a Tom Delay T-Shirt”, a movie that had the EVIL WALL STREET REPUBLICAN banker (most bankers are DEMS) who wanted to pollute the world for money, and an evil anti-gay preacher, who turned out to be child molesting gay himself.
The “Evil Republican!” meme is reinforced countless times, every single day to the sheeple, and the propaganda WORKS, folks.
Of course people see the party as scary and out of touch. That is what they hear from the lame stream media, and the Republicans are now into their 25th year of doing and saying nothing to counter the media’s lies.
Hmmm, I think of them as gutless, self-serving, clueless, Constitutionally ignorant morons, myself.
These are the main memes pimped by the Mostly-Dem run major media.
The sheep see it on TV every night, they see it in the cell phone news feeds, they hear it on the radio, they get it over and over again on the Twitter feed.
Being right means NOTHING if you can’t get your message out over the din.
I find contemporary culture and society pretty scary. Especially here in CA. People covered from head to toe with ghastly tattooes and piercings. Illegal immigration out of control. Gang graffiti all over the place. People wearing their trousers half way down their ass in public. Marijuana dispensaries all over the place. People hawking pot on the Venice boardwalk. I could go one. I want nothing to do with it. This country is morally and fiscally bankrupt. We are no longer an exceptional nation anymore. We are simply following Europe’s path towards bankruptcy and irrelevancy.
If the RINOs don’t address the following issues BEFORE the 2014 election, then they’re doomed:
1. Voter fraud. It’s got to be stopped. There’s no way that any Republican can win if 148% of the voters vote in precincts like in Wood County, Ohio or 108% in Cuyahoga County. Voter ID absolutely must be in place, or they rest is worthless.
2. Stop the Democrats from nominating our candidates by voting in our primaries . . . or else we get Romney-type candidates and the Democrats laugh at our stupidity.
3. Get “kick your ass” candidates like Rand, Palin, and stop letting the media frame them as idiots.
4. Refuse to have any part in any “debates” as long as there’s no strong conservative person on the panel. On the national level in 2016, this has got to be a must. NO DEBATES whatsoever, unless there’s an equal number of panelists from conservative news.
5. Nominate conservative candidates and cut the crap about appeasing the middle. The middle is a bunch of morons and certainly is not a majority.
When your enemy defines you, this happens.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.