Skip to comments.List Of Obama's 23 Executive Actions
Posted on 01/16/2013 9:33:47 AM PST by Jeff Chandler
1. Issue a Presidential Memorandum to require federal agencies to make relevant data available to the federal background check system.
2. Address unnecessary legal barriers, particularly relating to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, that may prevent states from making information available to the background check system.
3. Improve incentives for states to share information with the background check system.
4. Direct the Attorney General to review categories of individuals prohibited from having a gun to make sure dangerous people are not slipping through the cracks.
5. Propose rulemaking to give law enforcement the ability to run a full background check on an individual before returning a seized gun.
6. Publish a letter from ATF to federally licensed gun dealers providing guidance on how to run background checks for private sellers.
7. Launch a national safe and responsible gun ownership campaign.
8. Review safety standards for gun locks and gun safes (Consumer Product Safety Commission).
9. Issue a Presidential Memorandum to require federal law enforcement to trace guns recovered in criminal investigations.
10. Release a DOJ report analyzing information on lost and stolen guns and make it widely available to law enforcement.
11. Nominate an ATF director.
12. Provide law enforcement, first responders, and school officials with proper training for active shooter situations.
13. Maximize enforcement efforts to prevent gun violence and prosecute gun crime.
14. Issue a Presidential Memorandum directing the Centers for Disease Control to research the causes and prevention of gun violence.
15. Direct the Attorney General to issue a report on the availability and most effective use of new gun safety technologies and challenge the private sector to develop innovative technologies.
16. Clarify that the Affordable Care Act does not prohibit doctors asking their patients about guns in their homes.
17. Release a letter to health care providers clarifying that no federal law prohibits them from reporting threats of violence to law enforcement authorities.
18. Provide incentives for schools to hire school resource officers.
19. Develop model emergency response plans for schools, houses of worship and institutions of higher education.
20. Release a letter to state health officials clarifying the scope of mental health services that Medicaid plans must cover.
21. Finalize regulations clarifying essential health benefits and parity requirements within ACA exchanges.
22. Commit to finalizing mental health parity regulations.
23. Launch a national dialogue led by Secretaries Sebelius and Duncan on mental health.
Who are you going to believe?
Your own lying eyes or King O'Dumbo's self-serving declaration?
Certainly such an important matter will require another 23 Czars!
I get it now. He’s proposing that congress pass a law banning clips that hold over 10 rounds. It’s not part of his “executive action”.
You forgot to use the work “sweeping”. It was in the memo. “Sweeping Whiff!”
This is when you drop trou and say “Doc, this my rifle and this is gun”......
And what idiot will go to a gun dealer to sell his weapon to his neighbor or friend?
Add # 24.............
Renew Fast and Furious Gun Running into Mexico where hundreds of Mexican children will be murdered. The hypocrisy is deafening.
Develop a class system where federal politicians children are better than ordinary children,and deserving of armed gurads at school.
And if they ask my 12 yo girl the question she will tell them all about her 22 single shot plinker and the training she received at the NRA range.
My gp asked my high schooler about guns in the home. I imagine they immediately faxed the data to Sebelius.
These give a whole new meaning the the term “empty suit.”
Political dissidents need not apply for a permit. You are criminals of the state who rally against your own "good". Swallow your Obamacare like a good child.
This is all a smokescreen. LOCK UP THE CRIMINALLY INSANE AND STOP TRYING TO PUSH THEM INTO NORMAL SOCIETY.
The pills don't work. Saying they "pass" for normal is just looking the other way to a potential ticking timebomb. They can kill with poison, planes, cars, knives, bombs, etc. Not just guns. Quit being stupid, America.
He said that he would direct congress to address the “assault” weapons ban and to limit the magazines to 10 rounds. About 1/4 of the speech was about his orders and the rest was castigating congress (because it’s always their fault) for lax gun control.
You may be on the right track. If you think you need guns to defend your home from tyranny a la the second amendment, you must be crazy, therefore, no guns 4 you. Bank on it.
Ryan in 2016.
I don’t know. The mental health angle bothers me. The Marxists took over that profession years ago. What if aspects of conservatism or a nebulous definition of religious extremism are defined by the mental health profession as “mentally ill”? Conservatives and Christians can’t have guns?????
They are playing chess and I doubt that the end game is something we like very much.
> “I am trying to see what I missed. Basically its saying if someone is a certified nut they should be prevented from buying or owing weapons. Who can disagree with that?”
The question is WHO decides who is a certified nut. Biden (and many more Demoncrats) have called lawful gunowners “crazy” or “nuts” on many occasions.
We don't have all the facts yet. You don't spend 1/2 Billion on a Nothing Burger.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.