Skip to comments.List Of Obama's 23 Executive Actions
Posted on 01/16/2013 9:33:47 AM PST by Jeff Chandler
1. Issue a Presidential Memorandum to require federal agencies to make relevant data available to the federal background check system.
2. Address unnecessary legal barriers, particularly relating to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, that may prevent states from making information available to the background check system.
3. Improve incentives for states to share information with the background check system.
4. Direct the Attorney General to review categories of individuals prohibited from having a gun to make sure dangerous people are not slipping through the cracks.
5. Propose rulemaking to give law enforcement the ability to run a full background check on an individual before returning a seized gun.
6. Publish a letter from ATF to federally licensed gun dealers providing guidance on how to run background checks for private sellers.
7. Launch a national safe and responsible gun ownership campaign.
8. Review safety standards for gun locks and gun safes (Consumer Product Safety Commission).
9. Issue a Presidential Memorandum to require federal law enforcement to trace guns recovered in criminal investigations.
10. Release a DOJ report analyzing information on lost and stolen guns and make it widely available to law enforcement.
11. Nominate an ATF director.
12. Provide law enforcement, first responders, and school officials with proper training for active shooter situations.
13. Maximize enforcement efforts to prevent gun violence and prosecute gun crime.
14. Issue a Presidential Memorandum directing the Centers for Disease Control to research the causes and prevention of gun violence.
15. Direct the Attorney General to issue a report on the availability and most effective use of new gun safety technologies and challenge the private sector to develop innovative technologies.
16. Clarify that the Affordable Care Act does not prohibit doctors asking their patients about guns in their homes.
17. Release a letter to health care providers clarifying that no federal law prohibits them from reporting threats of violence to law enforcement authorities.
18. Provide incentives for schools to hire school resource officers.
19. Develop model emergency response plans for schools, houses of worship and institutions of higher education.
20. Release a letter to state health officials clarifying the scope of mental health services that Medicaid plans must cover.
21. Finalize regulations clarifying essential health benefits and parity requirements within ACA exchanges.
22. Commit to finalizing mental health parity regulations.
23. Launch a national dialogue led by Secretaries Sebelius and Duncan on mental health.
Watsa` matta` Barry, scared to get Impeached ?
NRA/GOA need to organize a march by gun owners/2nd Amendment supporters on Washington “ala” Tea Party demo of 2010.
I must have missed the part where private sales require background checks... guess he stopped short of that.
This list looks like a clean whiff ...
I'm more worried about what the gov of Md is going to do.
Like Fast & Furious, right?
A bunch of bull, except for pushing Doctors to question patients about their firearms.
“What firearms Dr., and why are you asking me about that when I’m getting a prostate exam anyway?”
what an idiot....2nd amendment or not...this is all meaningless nonsense. the libholes must be pissed.
My guess is someone sat him down and explained the separation of powers to him at a third grade level and he finally figured out that president and king aren’t the same thing.
Executive Orders are administrative orders to agencies under the Executive Branch, and those entities that are dumb enough to believe that Obama can order them to do something. The actions he directs his agencies to execute must also have a legal basis in established Federal Statute.
IOW, I am not his employee. I am most certainly not his subject. I won’t give him my guns. I won’t register them.