Skip to comments.The Great New Year Stampede: Americans Rushing to beat Obamacare and gun bans.
Posted on 01/03/2013 7:07:37 AM PST by SeekAndFind
click here to read article
I could be very wrong on this matter, but I don't look for a near repeat of the Waco Siege of FEB-APR 1993 by the ATF, FBI, and Texas National Guard. Of course, all that ammo Uncle Sugar bought in 2012 makes me very suspicious.
How did the Aussies, Brits, and Canucks oversee their firearm surrenders during the mid-1990s?
More than likely it will be decreed by the federal government that any/all privately-owned firearms must be surrendered by a declared date. After that, the federal government would identify gun owners by
1. referring to the 1934 National Firearm Act (NFA) registry to find those who legally own machine guns.
2. referring to the National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS) to identify those who legally purchased any firearm.
3. using the U.S. Postal Service to identify NRA members by the mailing labels on their monthly magazines.
4. encouraging journalists to search the public data bases for concealed-carry pistol permit holders and divulging them for the public good (like those a__-holes from The News Journal up in Westchester County, NY, did in DEC 2012 after the Newtown Massacre).
5. mandating physicians to divulge the medical records of patients who voluntarily listed on their personal data forms that they have a firearm(s) in the house.
6. utilize the Patriot Act and Executive Orders decreed by BHO to control/search/shut down the internet to identify firearm owners just like they hunt Islamic terrorists.
7. implement a program where-by citizens can report their known gun-owner neighbors.
Simultaneously the federals will
1. revoke all federal firearm licenses (FFL) to lawfully terminate firearm and ammunition transactions.
2. close all public shooting ranges on federal properties and terminate the right to hunt on all federal properties.
Immediate federal enforcement methods which would be applied to those identified firearm owners who have not complied with the turn-in date would include methods currently in use by the IRS when it pursues delinquent tax-payers
1. freezing of bank accounts
2. seizing any employer health insurance benefits
3. suspension of ObamaCare access
4. denial of access to your 401-k/ IRA assets
5. suspension of Social Security benefits
Subsequent federal enforcement pressure will be applied to the states by threatening state governments (and in particular county sheriff departments) with suspension of federal subsidies, e.g. Medicaid, road maintenance funds, etc. There are 30 Republican governors entering 2013. It remains to be seen how many, if any, would stand up against BHO should he get his gun ban.
Methods by the federals to further identify firearm owners would include
1. mandating that state licensing authorities, e.g., county sheriffs department, submit their concealed-carry pistol permit registries to the federal government.
2. mandating state licensing authorities, e.g., agricultural department, submit their hunting license registries to the federal government.
Methods by the federals to force non-compliers would include
1. lien on your properties, e.g., home, automobile, etc.
2. suspension of credit cards
3. suspension of drivers license
4. suspension of any work license, e.g., contractors, doctors, etc.
What else? It appears to me Uncle Sugar can put the financial squeeze on a majority of citizens to force them to surrender their firearms without sending federal brownshirts door-to-door.
Because they might be bored. Why do you think?
I emailed Armalite yesterday and they replied that they couldn’t give me a definitive date on when it would be in. I talked to Bushmaster about an MOE .308 and they said 2-3 months. I think I would prefer an Armalite AR10 carbine but that MOE .308 looks to be very well made as well and they seem to have a better feel for lead times. I’ve never had any problems with guns from either manufacturer either.
I meant to ask if in this age of cynicism if there COULD be some in our government or other Americans who would stoop to engineering a tragedy of killing very young childern just to further an agenda.
..we absolutely know that they will do a F&F "operation" where only several hundred Mexicans and only ONE American(that we know of) were killed. Out of the several hundred Mexicans, nobody knows how many children were caught up in the killing.
....so if Holder's AG people seem to have no problem with killing Mexicans AND one American Border agent, how long of a step would it be for a real ideological, agenda driven lunatic to take to raise the level of outrage to the roof?
God, I would hope no one would even think of such a thing in our Country.
But you know that all thru history there have been such lunatics. In some of our lifetimes, Mr. Hitler, Mr Stalin, Mr. Pol Pot and the Chechnyan rebels(who killed school children in Russia) comes to mind. They all did the equivalent and exact act of barging into a school and killing children...every one to further their agenda.
As I said God, please not make it so.....especially here in America..
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.