Great idea. You get this from Rush?? He has suggested stuff like this many times before. In fact we know exactly how that idea would play out from the FICA tax cut fiasco exactly a year ago Lets walk through it:
1) House Republicans listen to this guy and say ‘ taxes on the middle class will go up unless we get a full extension, for all that income above $250K too. We will not extend them without the others. We dont leave the job producers behind. We won the election.”
2) In January taxes go up (assuming it gets that far)
3) Obama gets on TV and Townhalls telling middle class voters that their taxes are going up because Republicans once again are putting ‘the rich’ ahead of them.
4) MSM hounds Republicans asking them if they are happy they ‘raised taxes’ on the middle class
5) House Republicans get flooded in a tidal wave of angry emails and phone calls from those who voted for them.
They try to go home for a visit and there are angly mobs around their house with signs
“I am sorry I voted for you. You raised my taxes you lying #%%$$”, many are white and 50 + obviously not ACORN.
6) The stock Market tanks
7) House Republicans even the most ‘conservative’ go to Bohner and say “WE made a big mistake. We need to cut those taxes (under$250K income) and put this behind us. My voters want to kill me” just as they did with last years FICA.
8) The House quietly passes the extension in secret just as they did FICA last February.
9) Obama signs it declaring that the Rs finally saw reason
10) The stock market recovers some just because the panic is over sand no one knows that the resulting Obama tax increases hurt the stock market because they think house Rs crashed it and O saved it.
11) Obama gets credit for saving the economy. AGAIN.
12) House Republicans dont challenge O again for the next two years. So the Republican party melts down in civil war. Dems bayonette the R wounded.
13) In 2014 election Reid and Pelosi get back the same numbers they got in 2009.
14) January 2015 Congess passes a bill making Obama King. (no more filibuster to stop it)
Republicans blame voter fraud and the MSM and Rush now says he knew this would happen..
Or does anyone think middle class voters will act any differently than they did a year ago on FICA with that coming tax increase?