Great idea. You get this from Rush?? He has suggested stuff like this many times before. In fact we know exactly how that idea would play out from the FICA tax cut fiasco exactly a year ago Lets walk through it:
1) House Republicans listen to this guy and say ‘ taxes on the middle class will go up unless we get a full extension, for all that income above $250K too. We will not extend them without the others. We dont leave the job producers behind. We won the election.”
2) In January taxes go up (assuming it gets that far)
3) Obama gets on TV and Townhalls telling middle class voters that their taxes are going up because Republicans once again are putting ‘the rich’ ahead of them.
4) MSM hounds Republicans asking them if they are happy they ‘raised taxes’ on the middle class
5) House Republicans get flooded in a tidal wave of angry emails and phone calls from those who voted for them.
They try to go home for a visit and there are angly mobs around their house with signs
“I am sorry I voted for you. You raised my taxes you lying #%%$$”, many are white and 50 + obviously not ACORN.
6) The stock Market tanks
7) House Republicans even the most ‘conservative’ go to Bohner and say “WE made a big mistake. We need to cut those taxes (under$250K income) and put this behind us. My voters want to kill me” just as they did with last years FICA.
8) The House quietly passes the extension in secret just as they did FICA last February.
9) Obama signs it declaring that the Rs finally saw reason
10) The stock market recovers some just because the panic is over sand no one knows that the resulting Obama tax increases hurt the stock market because they think house Rs crashed it and O saved it.
11) Obama gets credit for saving the economy. AGAIN.
12) House Republicans dont challenge O again for the next two years. So the Republican party melts down in civil war. Dems bayonette the R wounded.
13) In 2014 election Reid and Pelosi get back the same numbers they got in 2009.
14) January 2015 Congess passes a bill making Obama King. (no more filibuster to stop it)
Republicans blame voter fraud and the MSM and Rush now says he knew this would happen..
Or does anyone think middle class voters will act any differently than they did a year ago on FICA with that coming tax increase?
The FICA thing never should've been agreed to.
I recall Paul Ryan was against it because, as he tried to point out, those temporary gimmicks didn't work under Bush why would they work under Obama?
Good summary. Everyone can see this train coming and the GOP just won’t fight for us. Boehner & McConnell only seem concerned about getting a deal to keep their K Street payola coming in. It’s disgusting.
“13) In 2014 election Reid and Pelosi get back the same numbers they got in 2009.”
I’ve also predicted this in some previous posts.
Typically, the president and his party -lose seats- in a midterm election. Those are — or at least those used to be — the usual results.
But in the new Entitlee America, the conventional wisdom and rules no longer apply.
If they still did, a president with as horrible a record (particularly in terms of economic performance) could not have been re-elected. But Obama WAS re-elected, and the “old rules” have been tossed out into the street.
We can no longer assume that the Republicans are automatically going to gain seats in 2014. We can’t even assume that they are going to easily “hold what they have”.
I believe the Republicans may be setting themselves up for a defeat in 2014. By that, I mean they may barely hold their seats in the Senate (or even lose a little), and they may lose their majority in the House.
If Obama and his ‘rats succeed in their strategy (and right now I see little from the Republicans that will halt that strategy), they may be able to turn 2014 into a crushing defeat for the Pubs.
If that happens, the Republicans will become “the incredible shrinking party” — slowly but surely fading away as did the Whigs before them.
Then it will become “third party” time.
Only in this case, it will be the _Republicans_ that have become “the third party”...
Well, they have to technically get the 22nd Amendment repealed, WHICH THEY CAN DO after the win the house back in 2014 because of the demolition of the Republican Party, and get over 2/3 of the Senate.
Or, if not that, he just declares himself dictator and Boehnor, the chickenshit that he is, demands all of America bow down to their dictator.