Skip to comments.Thompson starts as NY Times CEO amid BBC scandal (Pedophile enabler now in charge at NYT)
Posted on 11/13/2012 6:36:04 AM PST by jimbo123
New York Times Co. CEO Mark Thompson is starting his job on Monday amid a widening scandal at his former employer, the BBC.
When the Times hired him in August, Thompson was hailed as someone who could help the company generate new revenue at a time when print publications are suffering from the loss of readers and advertisers. Thompson had spent eight years as director-general of the British Broadcasting Corp., a publicly funded television network that boasts a weekly global audience of 166 million people over multiple platforms, including radio, digital satellite and cable channels.
In recent months, Thompson has faced questions over a decision by the BBC's "Newsnight" program last December to shelve an investigation into child sexual-abuse allegations against renowned BBC children's television host Jimmy Savile. That decision was made while Thompson was still in charge of the company.
(Excerpt) Read more at timesunion.com ...
Looks like he didn’t get the Elmo gig and had to settle on Plan B... NYT
They deserve each other.
A from Law & Order: SVU.
1. Stock price is tanking...down 20% in one day, and down 90% from over a year ago,
2. Advertising revenues in free fall.
3. Pay wall isn't working that well.
4. They're going to RAISE circulation and newsstand prices AGAIN...sort of adopting Obama's economic worldview...the rich can afford it..good luck with that.
5. Labor unions aren't happy..
6. NYTimes is sitting on some cash..having just about sold off everything else they own..There has been NO dividend since 2009, so the families that own the paper are PO'd..they've lost most of their income AND 90% of the value of their equity these last few years...so they want to resume paying a dividend..Hello..a dividend is a distribution to shareholders of profits...otherwise you're just cannibalizing yourself...like what the Dems are doing to the country...
Pedophile @ Communist rag. Move along people. No surprise here. If you are okay with killing babies, why not?
Buy their stock back at a unrealistic price and deplete their cash reserve.
Thompson, as the article says, is supposed to enhance their revenue stream—perhaps we’ll start seeing “Adults seeking children” ads in the classified section now. I’m sure that’s a revenue stream the NYT’s hasn’t tapped into yet. But soon.