Skip to comments.Sanctuary-city policy enables dangerous drivers
Posted on 11/10/2012 12:14:44 PM PST by artichokegrower
Drew Rosenberg became a victim of San Francisco's immigration policies on Nov. 16, 2010. The second-year law student was riding his motorcycle in rush-hour traffic when a car driven by an unlicensed driver made a left turn and hit him. That evening, Don Rosenberg of Westlake Village received the phone call every parent dreads. His precious son was dead.
Then another nightmare unfolded.
As Rosenberg investigated driver Roberto Galo's background, he discovered that San Francisco's policies regarding immigrants have served as an enabler for dangerous drivers.
(Excerpt) Read more at sfgate.com ...
I heard of one SF case in which an HIV+ illegal immigrant in public housing extolling the city for it’s high tolerance of “comfort animals”. Remember seeing-eye dogs? Kay, these are for ANY doctor-certified reason, and they can sue the pants off ANY establishment of person questioning the animal in the tiniest way. Result? THIS bum designated HIS animal as an IGUANA, taking it into ANY restaurant, city bus, BART train —you name it..!
Iguanas are cold-blooded, right? So he had to keep his welfare housing ALWAYS at high temperature —TROPICAL temperature,SMSd that was ALSO welfare stuff.
Free rent, free animal, free heat, free meds, free food —EVERYTHING.
Maybe his job was spreading AIDS? Hard to know.
WA State gives drivers’ licenses to illegals, which provides them with identification to cash checks, etc, but provides no protection for valid citizens.
I actually think that giving drivers’ licenses to illegals would be a good thing, with a couple of requirements met. First, I would require that the license be stamped, alien. Second, I would require that the license be tied to a certified set of finger prints and third, I would require a prepaid insurance policy. The license would expire when the pre-paid insurance policy expired and could only be renewed in person, along with a new pre-paid policy.
Let’s see, a forged lfbc, fraudulent use of a SSN and forgery of a Selective Service registration form by a person holding the highest public office in the land. Not to mention corruption of the courts not to try challenges against Obama on the merits. And now we question whether our elections are carried out fairly?
4th ID MUST BE SHOWN TO VOTE OR GET WELFARE..
5th. They should just GTFO of my country and try again LEGALLY.
WA State has vote by mail and motor voter. You can even register to vote by Facebook in WA.
Here in Michigan yesterday the illegals protested that the Secretary of state won’t give them driver’s licenses.
The SOS told them that it wasn’t her problem. Obama put them in this non status limbo and they should take it up with him. LOL
I know all about how the local pols run Sodom by the Sea, so the first thing that came to mind was: did Don Rosenberg and his son vote Rat?
HYPHENATE PRICE TAG the price we are paying so that vote-crazed Obama and other desperate pols can get re/elected.
NOTE Oftentimes the conniving pols bury these programs within other programs making them difficult to find. Americans have been hammered with govt propaganda that it was the Iraq war and the war on terror that is bankrupting the US. Heres the real reasons:
1. $11 Billion to $22 billion is spent on welfare to illegal aliens each year by state governments.
Verify at: http://www.fairus.org/site/PageServer?pagename=iic_immigrationissuecenters7fd8
2. $22 Billion dollars a year is spent on food assistance programs such as food stamps, WIC, and free school lunches for illegal aliens.Verify at: http://www.cis.org/articles/2004/fiscalexec.HTML
3. $2.5 Billion dollars a year is spent on Medicaid for illegal aliens. Verify at: http://www.cis.org/articles/2004/fiscalexec.HTML
4. $12 Billion dollars a year is spent on primary & secondary education for children here illegally and [usually] cannot speak a word of English. Verify at: http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANscriptS/0604/01/ldt....0.HTML
5. $17 Billion dollars a year is spent for education for the American-born children of illegal aliens, known as anchor babies (or as Terry Anderson says JACKPOT babies!)Verify at: http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANscriptS/0604/01/ldt.01.HTML
6. $3 Million Dollars a DAY is spent to incarcerate illegal aliens. Verify at: http://transcripts.cnn.com/%20TRANscriptS/0604/01/ldt.01.HTML
7. 30% percent of all Federal Prison inmates are illegal aliens. Verify at: http://transcripts.CNN..com/TRANscriptS/0604/01/ldt...01.HTML
8. $90 Billion Dollars a year is spent on illegal aliens for Welfare & socialservices by the American taxpayers. Verify at: http://premium.cnn..com/TRANSCIPTS/0610/29/ldt.01..HTML
9. $200 Billion dollars a year in suppressed American wages are caused by the illegal aliens. Verify at: http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRI
13. In 2006, illegals sent $45 BILLION in remittances to their countries of origin.
Verify at: http://www/..rense.com/general75/niht.htm
14. The Dark Side of Illegal Immigration: Nearly One million sex crimes committed by Illegal Immigrants In The United States. Verify at: http: // www.drdsk.com/articleshtml
The total cost is a whopping $ 338.3 BILLION DOLLARS A YEAR WHICH WOULD BE ENOUGH TO STIMULATE THE ECONOMY FOR THE CITIZENS OF THIS COUNTRY. Are we THAT Stupid?WAKE UP AMERICA!!!!!!!!!
1. The Earned Income Credit...money people get back on their taxes that they NEVER paid into in the first place! Illegal aliens, most of which pay zero in net taxes, enjoyed $4.2 billion from the Additional Child Tax Credit (ACTC) last year. Thats more than the annual revenue from the selected oil tax deductions and corporate jet deductions combined!Verify: http://www.redstate.com/dhorowitz3/2011/09/02/illegal-aliens-receive-4-2-billion-in-additional-child-tax-credits/
2. The cost of prosecuting and making SURE the rights of illegals are protected by US laws madefor US citizens. In 2009, the U.S. Justice Dept filed nearly 92,000 pro-immigrant-related criminal cases in the federal courts. The record-breaker accounted for more than half of all new federal prosecutions, according to data maintained at Syracuse University. Verify at:
First, I would require that the license be stamped, alien.
there was a time I was an alien and I sure was not here illegally...
‘alien’ just means the person was born in another country. It doesnt signify legal or illegal...
the term ILLEGAL ALIEN should be used...
No, alien is the correct term. The licenses would apply to anyone who is here on a temporary basis, except those with permanent green card status.
I used the term alien because it implies no judgement that the left could have a fit over.
Michigan should try my idea and tie the licenses to finger prints and see how many of those illegals decline to get one. It would be too easy to track them and tie them to any crimes that they commit. They can’t just change their name and address, get a new license and move on.
At least if they stamp the license, ALIEN, they couldn’t very well register them to vote with motor voter.
This thread is about ILLEGAL ALIENS
there is a big distinction...
Im on the right and a naturalized American citizen
I have a fit over people dumping ILLEGAL ALIENS in with IMMIGRANTS..
so who do you really want mad at you ???
Me a fellow FReeper or anonymous lefties outside ???
The term “alien’ puts us all together...
My green card stated ALIEN REGISTRATION CARD not just ‘alien’
aloiens who are here illegally are not REGISTERED...
On my naturalization document it states ALIEN REGISTRATION No not ‘alien number’...
As a REAL immigrant who jumped through every hoop BEFORE I came here I no more accept the ignorant enablers of illegal aliens referring to them as ‘immigrants’ than I do the illegal aliens themselves...
Now you know...
I do think there should be some kind of designation on driver’s licenses that show status until full citizenship is achieved.
I dated a woman who was a legal resident alien but not legal to vote. As a citizen of Serbia she couldn’t legally vote in our elections but there was nothing to prevent it if she were to be registered.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.