Five Reasons Why Liberals Shouldn't be in Charge of Anything
Hmm, how about:
- Idealistic. A little idealism is a good thing, keeps us dreaming, keeps us longing-for and working-for a better world. Liberals take this way too far, and become disconnected from the reality of our world. Not a trait you want in a leader.
- Situational ethics. Liberals are all too willing to compromise on things that simply should not be compromixed on. Remember Oprah's idiotic "...well, it wasn't rape rape..." comment? Emblematic of the species. This inconsistency is death to a leader's ability to lead - more specifically, to others' willingness to follow said "leader."
- Capacity for self-delusion. Related to #1, liberals have this amazing capacity for self-delusion. Don't confuse them with facts - literally. They have an idea, an ideal of how things should be, all evidence of reality to the contrary. Resistance to, or inability to adapt to the reality of the situation makes for a failed leader.
- Know what you don't know. Conservatives tend to recognize and acknowledge their limitations. Not so with liberals. They believe they know it all, that their viewpoint is the correct viewpoint. Few if any liberals will even acknowledge the validity of a viewpoint at odds with their own. Again, inability to process new information and adjust objectives makes for an automaton, not a leader.
- Hypocrisy. Face it, a liberal couldn't get through the day, any day, without a dozen or more wildly obvious instances of rampant hypocrisy. Celebrate diversity, be accepting of others - just don't say you don't like X, Y, or Z. Liberals will jump all over you. (but what about accepting me? - forget about it!) We're all equal - but don't touch quotas or affirmative action. Love your brother - but the notion of a "hate crime" sets certain demographics above others. Freedom of choice - but we'll confiscate income from you to redistribute as we see fit. Hypocrisy makes followers lose all respect for a leader.
posted on 05/05/2012 11:20:16 PM PDT
(Stop obama now! Stop the hussein - insane agenda!)
posted on 05/05/2012 11:50:44 PM PDT
(Formerly Publius 6961, formerly jennsdad)
Very impressive list! Thanks for sharing.
posted on 05/06/2012 12:42:29 AM PDT
posted on 05/06/2012 5:25:23 AM PDT
(Acronym for OBAMA: One Big Ass Mistake America)
Remember Oprah's idiotic "...well, it wasn't rape rape..." comment?
No. But I do remember Whoopie Goldberg's "...well, it wasn't rape rape..."
posted on 05/06/2012 5:36:17 AM PDT
(Cogito ergo dubito.)
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson