Free Republic
Browse · Search
News/Activism
Topics · Post Article

Skip to comments.

Christians aim to stop Lady Gaga's 'porn' show
Reuters-world net daily ^ | 4/30/12 | (REUTERS) via WND

Posted on 04/30/2012 1:11:36 PM PDT by JSDude1

Christian groups in South Korea called on Friday for pop icon Lady Gaga to cancel her concert here saying it was “pornographic” and promoted homosexuality. South Korea’s government has already bowed to public pressure and banned under-18s from attending the 26-year old’s concert, but protesters gathered outside the venue said that was not enough. “Some people can accept this as another culture but its impact is huge beyond art and debases religions. Even adults can’t see her performance which is too homosexual and pornographic,” said Yoon Jung-hoon, a reverend who organized the “Civilians Network against the Lady Gaga Concert”.

(Excerpt) Read more at wnd.com ...


TOPICS: Culture/Society; Foreign Affairs; News/Current Events
KEYWORDS: christians; gaga; homosexualagenda; porn; pornography; southkorea
Navigation: use the links below to view more comments.
first 1-5051-79 next last
WAY TO GO SOUTH KOREANS! To bad we Americans no longer have such 'sense'.
1 posted on 04/30/2012 1:11:50 PM PDT by JSDude1
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | View Replies]

To: JSDude1

I never really thought she was a Lady anyway.


2 posted on 04/30/2012 1:13:29 PM PDT by Past Your Eyes (You knew the job was dangerous when you took it.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

To: JSDude1

I prefer the ‘Freedom’ point of view. I don’t want Goverment dictating what I can, and cannot watch. I vote with my pocketbook - and have neither purchased/rented/watched anything by Lady Gaga.

Just because everyone doesn’t agree with my opinion on the matter, does not mean that someone needs step in an censor it. If they can effectively, and under the law of “decency” prohibit Lady Gaga today, means that they can step in and prohibit your choir tomorrow.

Freedom means you have the right to do what you want, even if it is short-sighted and stupid.


3 posted on 04/30/2012 1:17:10 PM PDT by Hodar ( Who needs laws; when this FEELS so right?)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

To: JSDude1

yea, that’s a good idea, let’s just ban stuff we don’t like. While we are at it, why don’t we have a police force like they have in Saudi Arabia or Iran.


4 posted on 04/30/2012 1:17:10 PM PDT by Perdogg
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

To: JSDude1
To bad we Americans no longer have such ‘sense’.

I agree, bravo to the S. Koreans but they don't have PC and the government against them like the Christians in the US. Good for South Korea for realizing smut and debauchery and refusing to compromise. Had we not compromised some time ago with prayer in schools, some of the disgusting, immoral stuff happening today would not have been allowed to grow and flourish.

5 posted on 04/30/2012 1:17:34 PM PDT by Bitsy
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

To: Hodar

What’s unfree about Christians in SK boycotting Hyundai for sponosoring ‘Gaga’? The government stopping those under 18 from seeing it, is mere common sense and can be argued as ‘protection’ of the minds/hearts of the young.

-J.S.


6 posted on 04/30/2012 1:20:25 PM PDT by JSDude1
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 3 | View Replies]

To: Past Your Eyes

Well it’s kind of like Boy George of years gone by.

If one has to advertise what one’s gender is, then there is obviously a problem in that department.

To be honest, I’ve no idea what Gaga actually is, although I’ve heard it is both.


7 posted on 04/30/2012 1:20:36 PM PDT by chris37 (Heartless.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 2 | View Replies]

To: Perdogg
yea, that’s a good idea, let’s just ban stuff we don’t like. While we are at it, why don’t we have a police force like they have in Saudi Arabia or Iran.

Isn't it amazing and pathetic how many "Conservatives" would eagerly and happily surrender their rights, the same rights that untold numbers of Americans have sacrificed their lives to protect, so they can feel 'superior' for 10 minutes?

8 posted on 04/30/2012 1:20:46 PM PDT by Hodar ( Who needs laws; when this FEELS so right?)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 4 | View Replies]

To: Past Your Eyes
 

I never really thought she was a Lady anyway.

 
Yes, but she does have the GAGa part down pat.


9 posted on 04/30/2012 1:22:14 PM PDT by Responsibility2nd (NO LIBS. This Means Liberals and (L)libertarians! Same Thing. NO LIBS!!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 2 | View Replies]

To: JSDude1; Perdogg; Hodar

I’d like to add that is more a commentary on the cultural situation in South Korea that they (even their national government) would have such opposition toward ponography and homosexuality. I wish our culture was still like this.. or do you think we are a better society with the ‘acceptance’ and openess toward both homosexuality, pronography and other ‘evils’?


10 posted on 04/30/2012 1:24:36 PM PDT by JSDude1
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 6 | View Replies]

To: Hodar
Isn't it amazing and pathetic how many "Conservatives" would eagerly and happily surrender their rights, the same rights that untold numbers of Americans have sacrificed their lives to protect, so they can feel 'superior' for 10 minutes?
 
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
And isn't it amazing and pathetic how many "Liberals on Free Republic" would eagerly and happily denounce the rights of Christians to protest a Gaga concert.
 
What's next? Banning these same Chrisitans the right to vote? Lest they vote for decency in our government and in our society?


11 posted on 04/30/2012 1:29:10 PM PDT by Responsibility2nd (NO LIBS. This Means Liberals and (L)libertarians! Same Thing. NO LIBS!!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 8 | View Replies]

To: JSDude1
those under 18 from seeing it, is mere common sense and can be argued as ‘protection’ of the minds/hearts of the young.

When ever you head the Gov't doing something "for the children" - you should be very, very wary. It's never "for the children", whether it's Carbon Credits, Censorship, or taxes. It's about control.

Chances are her international appeal over there would be small - until "Christians" started the protest. Now, by virtue of being told "don't go", her record and video sales will skyrocket. No one likes being told what to do, they have ensured her success.

As for "common sense", piffle. You eagerly are willing to sacrifice your rights to the Gov't; yet claim to be a Conservative. I opt not to listen to her, or support her in any way. But, I speak with my pocketbook. Just like my support of the Dixie Chicks eventually silenced them (forever). My voice does not impinge upon your freedom, you could opt to see the Dixie Chicks as many times as you wanted, if that was your choice.

Yet you would give no second thought about the tyranny you are imposing upon everyone else. I'll bet you would be among the first to complain, if someone else would opt to impinge upon your freedoms, simply because it was "common sense".

12 posted on 04/30/2012 1:29:51 PM PDT by Hodar ( Who needs laws; when this FEELS so right?)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 6 | View Replies]

To: JSDude1

Well, I will note that I have observed a decline in how much people care, especially about porn. I remember back when my nephew was living in Massachusetts, I believe it was somewhere close to fifteen years ago, that he mentioned that somehow a substitute teacher and the student body didn’t seem to care one bit when a bunch of students pretty much sat in the back of a classroom during a study hall checking out naked pictures of people. That was fifteen years ago, I can only imagine how much more bizarre the incidents could be nowadays for any kid in school (God have mercy on them).


13 posted on 04/30/2012 1:30:18 PM PDT by Morpheus2009
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 10 | View Replies]

To: JSDude1
All of her music may not be to my taste, however, whether it is pornography is debatable. I am not sure where the homosexuality parts comes in. Have you seen a LG concert and do you know for a fact it is a sex show?
14 posted on 04/30/2012 1:32:52 PM PDT by Perdogg
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 10 | View Replies]

To: JSDude1

> do you think we are a better society with the ‘acceptance’
> and openess toward both homosexuality, pronography and
> other ‘evils’?

No.

Not only are we a more debased, degenerate, and depraved society, not only is this depravity a danger to all people living here, but the exporting of this degeneracy and depravity to the rest of the world, and our government’s active promotion of it, almost guarantees that America will be destroyed like Sodom and Gomorrah, in one day, by fire.

See http://endofamericabook.com/


15 posted on 04/30/2012 1:33:44 PM PDT by Westbrook (Children do not divide your love, they multiply it.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 10 | View Replies]

To: Hodar
When ever you head the Gov't doing something "for the children" - you should be very, very wary. It's never "for the children", whether it's Carbon Credits, Censorship, or taxes. It's about control.

Amen.
16 posted on 04/30/2012 1:34:13 PM PDT by Perdogg
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 12 | View Replies]

To: Hodar

> Freedom means you have the right to do what you want, even
> if it is short-sighted and stupid.

You are confusing Liberty with License.

Liberty brings with it responsibility.

That there is such a large market for this prurient trash speaks volumes about the degeneracy of our society.

Consequently, we are getting the leadership we deserve, and it may not be long that we will get something much worse.

See http://endofamericabook.com/


17 posted on 04/30/2012 1:38:07 PM PDT by Westbrook (Children do not divide your love, they multiply it.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 3 | View Replies]

To: Hodar

Yes, lets just have an immoral free-for-all. That’ll make things so much better. Oh wait, we are doing that now, and somehow, it does not seem ‘better’.

This way of self-government is suitable ONLY for a Just and Moral people. Think on that a bit.


18 posted on 04/30/2012 1:39:54 PM PDT by RoadGumby (This is not where I belong, Take this world and give me Jesus.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 3 | View Replies]

To: Hodar

I don’t really want to hear your “you’re not a conservative schtic”.

People can see what they want and I have a right to call it smut, and DO have a right to keep Children from being exposed to the same.

I am a conservative, not a libertarian maybe that’s the difference between you and I.


19 posted on 04/30/2012 1:40:43 PM PDT by JSDude1
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 12 | View Replies]

To: JSDude1
What’s unfree about Christians in SK boycotting Hyundai for sponosoring ‘Gaga’? The government stopping those under 18 from seeing it, is mere common sense and can be argued as ‘protection’ of the minds/hearts of the young.

Nothing is wrong with that. It's this...

"...but protesters gathered outside the venue said that was not enough. “Some people can accept this as another culture but its impact is huge beyond art and debases religions. Even adults can’t see her performance which is too homosexual and pornographic,” said Yoon Jung-hoon,..."

20 posted on 04/30/2012 1:41:48 PM PDT by TigersEye (Life is about choices. Your choices. Make good ones.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 6 | View Replies]

To: Responsibility2nd

Who said Christians can’t protest? Did you read my thread, or did you listen to those words in your head again? Protest the concert all you want. Jump up and down, wear little ribbons, cheer, chant, bang drums ... knock yourself out.

However, when the Gov’t steps in and enforcs Censorship, Conservatives are usually concerned. You see, the difference is pretty basic. You can protest, and I can opt to either listen, or not listen. I have a choice.

But, when the Gov’t imposes a decision- you have crossed into the stuff that makes Dictatorships. Perhaps you are unaware of how this works? Dictatorships dictate what you can watch, what you cannot watch, and what you must watch. You don’t get a choice.


21 posted on 04/30/2012 1:41:48 PM PDT by Hodar ( Who needs laws; when this FEELS so right?)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 11 | View Replies]

To: JSDude1

We have sense enough to know (at least sometimes) the cure to bad speech is good speech not less speech. Yeah Lady Gaga is nasty and annoying, but if we start banning stuff because somebody finds it nasty and annoying we all wind up having to shut up.


22 posted on 04/30/2012 1:42:18 PM PDT by discostu (I did it 35 minutes ago)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

To: JSDude1

A tasteless, no talent hack does not “porn” make.

Let the weirdos have their show. Least you’ll know where they are for a few hours.

SnakeDoc


23 posted on 04/30/2012 1:45:26 PM PDT by SnakeDoctor ("I've shot people I like more for less." -- Raylan Givens, Justified)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

To: Hodar
"Freedom"

Ditto. There are innumerable awful acts out there. But I have no business telling other adults they can't watch them.

24 posted on 04/30/2012 1:45:35 PM PDT by driftless2
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 3 | View Replies]

To: JSDude1

When the concert occurred last Friday, it was restricted to adults.

The Korean Media Rating Board, a government agency, deemed the concert’s content provocative, pornographic and supporting of homosexuality.


25 posted on 04/30/2012 1:45:46 PM PDT by PanzerKardinal (Some things are so idiotic only an intellectual would believe it.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

To: Perdogg
Totally agree with you, and although I can't stand her music, it's boring and nothing new, she cracks me up. A meat dress? Comes to the Grammys enclosed in an egg? Wears a hat with a lobster on it? Wears stilt shoes while wearing only her underwear and falls over? LOL! I see her more as a comedian than a musician.

Although people see it as absolutely stupid, I love comedians who mess with peoples heads. Andy Kaufman was the all time best. I got almost every video that guy ever made. "I am the intergender wrestling Champion of the woorld!"

One of my favorites was when he interviewed his ex-girlfriend from atop a 10 foot high desk so he could feel superior to her. .


26 posted on 04/30/2012 1:46:26 PM PDT by GrandJediMasterYoda (Some day our schools will teach the difference between "lose" and "loose")
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 4 | View Replies]

To: Hodar

Freedom means you have the right to do what you want, even if it is short-sighted and stupid.

***

Decades of “short sighted and stupid” have given us the “government” we have.

Just as my neighbor should not be doing drugs, they shouldn’t be pumping their mind full of filth, and then voting for filth.


27 posted on 04/30/2012 1:47:52 PM PDT by ROTB (FReepmail me if you want to join a team seeking the LORD for a Christian revival now in the USA.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 3 | View Replies]

To: JSDude1
People can see what they want and I have a right to call it smut, and DO have a right to keep Children from being exposed to the same.

Fine, call it smut. And by all means, as a parent YOU have a duty to censor what YOUR children see. But YOUR rights end where mine begin. Just because you don't approve, doesnt' mean that everyone else must agree with you.

Or, are you so blind that you cannot see that this mindset can be perverted with the same threat of force as you feel justified using today. If you can Censor Lady Gaga - then someone else can Censor you tomorrow; under the same threat of force. Today, it's Lady Gaga, what will it be tomorrow? Will it be your church? Will it be your political party? Will it be your viewpoints?

28 posted on 04/30/2012 1:51:44 PM PDT by Hodar ( Who needs laws; when this FEELS so right?)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 19 | View Replies]

To: Hodar

Well said, sir!


29 posted on 04/30/2012 1:56:31 PM PDT by BrewingFrog (I brew, therefore I am!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 21 | View Replies]

To: Hodar

Still wish our culture has as much sense as the Koreas as still being for purity and against pornography and homosexuality.

Can’t argue with that can you..?


30 posted on 04/30/2012 1:57:31 PM PDT by JSDude1
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 28 | View Replies]

To: JSDude1; Hodar

I am a conservative, not a libertarian maybe that’s the difference between you and I.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You nailed it. Hodar is the typical FR liberal screaming and ranting about censorship and dictatorships simply because we conservatives would dare express a desire our country - our society - AND EVEN OUR GOVERNMENT return to basic fundamental conservatives rules and laws that 1)our country was founded on and 2) rules and laws that made America great.

But hey. If Ho wants to go gaga over Gaga, then that’s his right. Just as my right is voting for candidates who oppose his ideals and supporting laws that promote sane fiscal and social policies.


31 posted on 04/30/2012 1:59:35 PM PDT by Responsibility2nd (NO LIBS. This Means Liberals and (L)libertarians! Same Thing. NO LIBS!!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 19 | View Replies]

To: GrandJediMasterYoda

I think her music’s a lot more interesting than most of the stuff that’s out there. She’s paying real homage to the passion of the ‘70s and the spunk of the ‘80s. Her best songs are miles above most of the boring junk out there...the whiny male singers, the emptyheaded bubble gum pop stars and the cliched romantic ballads. When you throw in her visual presentation, you can see she’s operating at a notch above her competition on a creative and artistic level. And you can see those extra layers of work in her music as well. She’s doing for pop music something like what Quentin Tarantino did for films.


32 posted on 04/30/2012 2:01:13 PM PDT by JediJones (From the makers of Romney, Bloomberg/Schwarzenegger 2016. Because the GOP can never go too far left.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 26 | View Replies]

To: JSDude1

I’ll skip it because it’s a bad ripoff of Madonna.


33 posted on 04/30/2012 2:04:48 PM PDT by Darren McCarty (The Republican Party is bigger than the presidency.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

To: JediJones
She’s paying real homage to the passion of the ‘70s and the spunk of the ‘80s.

In other words, she's completely ripping them off....a fake copy of Madonna.

34 posted on 04/30/2012 2:06:05 PM PDT by dfwgator (Don't wake up in a roadside ditch. Get rid of Romney.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 32 | View Replies]

To: JSDude1
Still wish our culture has as much sense as the Koreas as still being for purity and against pornography and homosexuality.

Culture-wise, I agree 100%. If the American culture were similar to Korea's, Lady Gaga would be bankrupt. But the difference is, because no one would bother to buy her act or her records, not because her 'act' was destroyed by some Goverment bureacracy that will eventually be used to oppress all of us. Again, this is about 'Control', not about defending the young - that's merely the excuse.

I find her to be only mediocure in talent.

But, when you have Gov't injecting itself and imposing Censurship - I disagree. Freedom means the ability to make a choice - even if it's a stupid choice.

It does not mean "you can make a choice as long as I approve of your choice".

35 posted on 04/30/2012 2:07:10 PM PDT by Hodar ( Who needs laws; when this FEELS so right?)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 30 | View Replies]

To: JSDude1
People can see what they want and I have a right to call it smut, and DO have a right to keep Children from being exposed to the same.

You certainly have the right to decide what your children see. But what gives you the right to decide what other partents can let their kids see? I've never been to an LG show, buy I have seen some of her productions on tv. They are suggestive, but hardly "porn". LG is not my cup of tea, but she is clearly a very talented singer/songwriter/artist. If a parent wants to let their teenager see her show that's their business.

36 posted on 04/30/2012 2:07:52 PM PDT by Hugin ("Most time a man'll tell you his bad intentions if you listen and let yourself hear"--Open Range)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 19 | View Replies]

To: Darren McCarty
I’ll skip it because it’s a bad ripoff of Madonna.

All that's missing is the fake British accent.

37 posted on 04/30/2012 2:08:37 PM PDT by dfwgator (Don't wake up in a roadside ditch. Get rid of Romney.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 33 | View Replies]

To: Responsibility2nd

You have no concept on what our Gov’t was founded on. The Bill of Rights says what the Gov’t CANNOT do. You are constantly inventing rationale for the Federal Gov’t to take away the very freedoms you think you hold dear. You are the person who insists that what people do in their bedroom, is indeed, somehow YOUR business.

You are a power-hungry tryant, who luckily for mankind, has been denied the power to control others. I suspect you have a rough enough time managing your own affairs. Trying to dictate what eveyrone else does, is not, never was, and will never be your job.

Get over yourself.


38 posted on 04/30/2012 2:11:44 PM PDT by Hodar ( Who needs laws; when this FEELS so right?)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 31 | View Replies]

To: Hodar

You are the person who insists that what people do in their bedroom, is indeed, somehow YOUR business.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ahhh. I see you remember my old tagline. (Yes, as a matter of fact, what you do in the privacy of your bedroom IS my business.)

Anyway, I’m glad you are happy at the sorry state our country is in now. High taxes, high unemployment, higg welfare levels, high levels of porn, abortion and promiscuity... on and on we go with the failures of social liberalsim. I’m glad you’re happy - because YOU are at fault.

And me and conservatives like me? We just want our country back.


39 posted on 04/30/2012 2:18:59 PM PDT by Responsibility2nd (NO LIBS. This Means Liberals and (L)libertarians! Same Thing. NO LIBS!!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 38 | View Replies]

To: Responsibility2nd
It really helps if you know what terms mean

Libertarian

Libertarianism is generally considered to be the group of political philosophies which emphasize freedom, individual liberty, and voluntary association. Libertarianism is variously defined by sources. There is no general consensus among scholars on the precise definition nor on how one should use the term as a historical category. Libertarians generally advocate a society with little or no government power.

Liberal

New Liberalism is a book by Matthew Kalkman[1][2][3][4] that examines the evolution of Liberalism from its early beginnings to its potential future incarnations. The author argues that New Liberalism is the next step in this evolution: the notion that, in order for a society to be maintained and to evolve, it is necessary to take into account our responsibility to future generations. The key challenges of our time, from climate change to the growing debt and deficits, and the growing inequalities all threaten not only our freedom, but the freedom of future generations. Where classical liberalism was centered on negative freedom (freedom from harm), and social liberalism was centered on the broader concept of positive freedom (freedom to develop), new liberalism adds a further dimension with the concept of timeless freedom (ensuring the freedom of future generations through proactive action taken today).

In conclusion - there is very little in common with a modern-day "Liberal" and a "Libertarian". Here's a hint: Democrats are typically "Liberals".

40 posted on 04/30/2012 2:20:32 PM PDT by Hodar ( Who needs laws; when this FEELS so right?)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 31 | View Replies]

To: dfwgator

Quentin Tarantino also ripped a lot of stuff of. Everything’s a rip off of something. What makes good art is if the rip offs are done in a creative way. The bottom line is most of her songs sound far more original than most other songs on the radio, which tend to sound like clones of whatever the “hot trend” is right now.


41 posted on 04/30/2012 2:22:24 PM PDT by JediJones (From the makers of Romney, Bloomberg/Schwarzenegger 2016. Because the GOP can never go too far left.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 34 | View Replies]

To: Hodar

Going to Wikipedia for your points? Ohhh-kayyy.

But you know damm good and well that a (L)libertarian is a social liberal. One who hides behind the Constitution to defend porn, Lady Gaga, and a million other social evils that do great harm to the moral fabric of America.

Libs like you are the reason why we no longer have sodomy laws in our country. Libs like you are the reason why queers are openly serving in our military.

“It really helps if you know what terms mean”.

Trust me. I know. I look at you and other social liberals here ar FR and I know exactly who our enemies are.


42 posted on 04/30/2012 2:33:11 PM PDT by Responsibility2nd (NO LIBS. This Means Liberals and (L)libertarians! Same Thing. NO LIBS!!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 40 | View Replies]

To: Hodar
Some people want Government to have the power to enforce morality.

For some it would be to ban Lady Gaga shows - with sexually suggestive lyrics and dances and homo-eroticism.

For others it would be to ban the Bible - because of what is says about homosexuality, slavery, or any number of other issues.

A government with the power to enforce a conservative morality would also have the power to enforce a “progressive” morality.

A sword blade cuts both ways.

43 posted on 04/30/2012 2:33:44 PM PDT by allmendream (Tea Party did not send GOP to DC to negotiate the terms of our surrender to socialism)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 38 | View Replies]

To: Perdogg

This.

There are some people who hate stuff like heavy metal,dungeons and dragons and such and want those stuff banned too. Because if something like Gaga was banned,because people don’t like it. Then when will it end? I remember during the 80’s many wanted to ban heavy metal,on the basis of much of it being about the occult and such. You can’t stop people from enjoying stuff they like.


44 posted on 04/30/2012 2:34:50 PM PDT by Rockerwolf
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 4 | View Replies]

To: allmendream; Hodar
Some people want Government to have the power to enforce morality.

For some it would be to ban Lady Gaga shows - with sexually suggestive lyrics and dances and homo-eroticism.

For others it would be to ban the Bible - because of what is says about homosexuality, slavery, or any number of other issues.

A government with the power to enforce a conservative morality would also have the power to enforce a “progressive” morality.

A sword blade cuts both ways.
 
 
 

 
Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
 
 
No government ever devised by man has ever governed amorally, or without morals. Right now we are being led by a Kenyan with Marxist morals. We are being led by a man with strong ties to the false religion of Islam.
 
You're right about that sword cutting both ways. So why can't libertarians accept the fact that we conservatives simply want our Country back. We simply want a return to a healthy America governed by God-fearing men who would NEVER allow a homo to serve in the armed forces.
 
Why are social liberals so afraid of us conservatives and our opposition to social evils like Lady Gaga?


45 posted on 04/30/2012 2:54:39 PM PDT by Responsibility2nd (NO LIBS. This Means Liberals and (L)libertarians! Same Thing. NO LIBS!!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 43 | View Replies]

To: Responsibility2nd

And in Canada - where the government has the power you want it to have - they have deemed the Bible “hate speech”.

Those who love liberty and want to CONSERVE it for ourselves and our posterity - mistrust ALL advocates of greater government power - even if they think THIS time the power will ONLY be used for good!

Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people - not to ENFORCE morality or religion - but to allow a moral and religious people to live in liberty.

Are you suggesting that because America is no longer as moral or religious that we scrap the Constitution and go with a more draconian charter that will enforce such morality and religion?


46 posted on 04/30/2012 2:59:54 PM PDT by allmendream (Tea Party did not send GOP to DC to negotiate the terms of our surrender to socialism)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 45 | View Replies]

To: Hodar
I don’t want Goverment dictating what I can, and cannot watch.

What if you like to watch child porn? Okay, it's just drawings of kids getting raped. All okay, huh?

47 posted on 04/30/2012 3:03:45 PM PDT by fwdude
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 3 | View Replies]

To: Perdogg
let’s just ban stuff we don’t like.

Most people don't like kiddie porn, but who are we to ban it?

48 posted on 04/30/2012 3:05:12 PM PDT by fwdude
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 4 | View Replies]

To: JSDude1

The attempt to stop Lady Gaga’s concert DID NOT WORK. 45,000 fans showed up at the concert anyway.

SOURCE:

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1684062/lady-gaga-born-this-way-ball-seoul.jhtml

EXCERPT:

Lady Gaga kicked off her hotly awaited Born This Way Ball at Seoul, South Korea’s Olympic Stadium on Friday (April 27) in front of 45,000 fans, and despite protests from Christian groups saying Mother Monster was “obscene” and could “taint” young people with her performance, the concert appears to have gone on without incident.


49 posted on 04/30/2012 3:09:10 PM PDT by SeekAndFind
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

To: allmendream
Are you suggesting that because America is no longer as moral or religious that we scrap the Constitution and go with a more draconian charter that will enforce such morality and religion?

 
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Is the Constitution under attack? Are we seeing liberal courts and leftist politicians trashing the Constitution at every turn? Why yes. Yes we are.
 
And is it any coincidence that these attacks on our Constitions (which are attacks on our freedoms) are being led by immoral and irreligious people? Nope. No coincidence at at.
 
In fact - it is expected and even normal that our rights and freedoms afforded to "moral and religious" people are being eroded as we adopt socially liberal policies.
 
You oppose the government "interfering" in a Lady Gaga concert? Fine. Then what right do you have in expressing an opinion on our government "interfering" with a queer's right to join the Marine Corp?

I ask again (and again) - What is is about Social Conservatism that scares you so?

50 posted on 04/30/2012 3:11:08 PM PDT by Responsibility2nd (NO LIBS. This Means Liberals and (L)libertarians! Same Thing. NO LIBS!!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 46 | View Replies]


Navigation: use the links below to view more comments.
first 1-5051-79 next last

Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.

Free Republic
Browse · Search
News/Activism
Topics · Post Article

FreeRepublic, LLC, PO BOX 9771, FRESNO, CA 93794
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson