Skip to comments.With No Specifics to the Accusations, Herman Cain Wins This Fight
Posted on 11/04/2011 7:40:06 PM PDT by Maelstorm
Joel Bennett, the lawyer for one of the former employees of the National Restaurant Association who accused Herman Cain of sexual harassment, spoke to Wolf Blitzer live on CNN moments ago.
Bennett said that in his legal opinion, what occurred between Cain and his client met the legal definition of sexual harassment. But despite repeated questions from Blitzer, he refused to specify what the alleged actions were, and he said his client would not be appearing to shed any further light on the matter.
When Blitzer pointed out Cains vehement, blanket denial, Bennett replied, In all my years of lawyering, Ive never seen anyone accused of sexual harassment say, I did it.
In short, Mr. Bennett is arguing, I wont say what he did, but trust me, hes guilty of wrongdoing. This is ridiculous. To Politico, the public is supposed to take this into account in their assessment of Cain but we cant even get any sense of what triggered the original complaint, and whether this was much ado about nothing or whether Cain actually did something wrong.
(Excerpt) Read more at nationalreview.com ...
Thank you. You are now my go-to guy for posting irregularity alibis.
Yes, did you see Joe avert his eyes when Clarence Thomas came after them.
It looked for a moment as if Biden felt a twinge of shame. But I doubt it.
Anyone who buys this self-serving nonsense deserves to be misled. You know what they say about attorneys: it's the 99% of attorneys who give the other 1% a bad name.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.