Skip to comments.Obama’s Useless Twitter Town Hall
Posted on 07/07/2011 8:00:15 AM PDT by lbryce
Too-long answers, questions from familiar foes instead of regular folksthe presidents much hyped social-media meeting was even less interesting than a regular town hall, says David A. Graham.
The hour-long event proved to be even less interesting than the average town hall. Just like Obamas April 19 town hall with Mark Zuckerberg, the event featured the president facing a younger entrepreneur; this time, however, there was the added annoyance of Twitter as simplifying middleman.
It all started off well enough. After brief remarks by Twitter co-founder Jack Dorsey, the president ambled in, stepped up to a laptop adorned with a presidential seal, and typed his own question for the audience: in order to reduce the deficit, what costs would you cut and what investments would you keepbo. Then he settled in to answer questions for him, and thats when things got dull. Obama Twitter Town Hall
President Barack Obama speaks during a "Twitter Town Hall" in the East Room of the White House in Washington, Wednesday, July 6, 2011., Charles Dharapak / AP Photo
Where did things go wrong? The first problem was the presidents own apparent obliviousness to the format (despite the news that hes started tweeting for himself). Although he made a good-natured joke about speaking for too long, in his answers, he hewed closely to the same talking points hes
(Excerpt) Read more at thedailybeast.com ...
I've tried to delete the text, the hyperlink to the article that appears in the body of the thread many numerous times without success, am perplexed about why it is happening.
Methinks wha'choo got here is yer average golrang embed .... mon.
Iowahawk’s questions were the best!
They weren’t answered but i’m still lmao!
When you’re visiting his volcano lair, does George Soros let you feed the laser sharks?
The staffer who suggested this Twitter Town Hall is fired, isn’t he?
Are you smart enough to create a problem so big that even you could not solve it?
Why isn’t your cabinet unionized?
If Joe Biden has a massive stroke, (a) do you have a replacement in mind, and (b) how would you tell?
Is there any job you’d be better at than president?
He should have taken lessons from weiner and twittered his package! LOL
Oh, but Obama came off looking “cool” and the LSM was in ecstasy.
Apparently I wasn’t the only one impressed...
LOL! Iowahawk 2012! He asks all the right questions.
Just a publicity gimmick as far as I am concerned. He’s an idiot and this sort of Q&A allows him to “twitter” his inane answers without much scrutiny. The shortness of the answering process is about all his little brain can cope with.
But will Obama get reelected on his “Cool”?
The idiot won’t come out and address the general public because his ass would get booed off the podium!....
Yeah....Obama is a real cool breeze. (Gag!)
I’d love to see him have a town hall in front of an audience the opposite of his snycophant followers. How about at a Tea Party hall in either Texas or Florida. That is one (.)bama event I would pay to attend.
Thanks for the morning laugh. They are priceless ?’s for Obama.
I hope you do not mind. I sent them to my b-i-l and a good GOP friend.
Here was my twitter question for the “great and powerful” OzB.
“You seem to care only about the unionized 7% of the private workforce. What are you doing for the other 93%?”
I didn’t get a “shout out”.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.