Skip to comments.Five Arguments Against Gay Marriage
Posted on 06/23/2011 8:11:24 AM PDT by Kim Dylan
New York State, the media report with poorly disguised elation, is set to legally redefine marriage to include relationships between two same-sex adults.
Before this happens, people of good conscience, supporters and opponents both, should at least be given the opportunity to consider the possible consequences.
(Excerpt) Read more at nydailynews.com ...
More children living in gay homes means more children living lives absent a relationship with at least one biological parent. One needn't deny the existence of many wonderful gay or adoptive parents to acknowledge that this will result in some emotional pain and confusion. can't wait for the adopted children (especially abused kids) STUCK in these relationships to SUE the hell out of any elected official who is still around in 20 years
We’re not allowed to consider consequences or any of that.
The liberals have told us that it’s discriminatory not to allow homosexual marriage. They have told us that defining marriage in the traditional way is bigoted and hateful.
They say that discrimination against homosexuals is just like racial discrimination.
Against the backdrop of how the debate has been framed by the liberals, we can’t discuss any consequences or impacts of allowing homosexual marriage.
We can’t talk about whether it will be good for society to make this change. We are told that it’s discriminatory not to allow homosexual marriage, not that it would be beneficial to society to allow it.
Ten Reasons to Oppose Same-Sex Marriage
By Mike McManus
June 17, 2011
When my home state of Maryland considered legalizing "same-sex marriage," as President of Marriage Savers, I testified against it and wrote a letter to legislators detailing ten reasons to oppose it: 1.
Gays are not interested in marriage. Massachusetts was the first state to adopt gay marriage in 2004. However, there've been only 12,000 same-sex unions. According to the Centers for Disease Control, 4% of men are gay and 1% of women are lesbian. Thus, of the state's 3.3 million males, there are 132,000 gay men, plus 33,000 lesbians. Only 14% of the 165,000 have "married" and 86% chose not to do so. Clearly, most are not interested in marriage.
2. Why should the definition of marriage be changed when less than a tenth of 2% of the population wants to force that change? In all 30 states that have added constitutional amendments limiting marriage to the union of one man and one woman, traditional marriage has always been upheld by referenda, even in California, which voted for Obama over McCain by 24%.
3. Children need a mother and father. The healthiest children are those reared by a married mother and father. "Marriage is the union of a husband and wife for a reason: these are the only unions that can make new life and connect children in love to their mom and dad," says Maggie Gallagher, President of National Organization for Marriage.
4. Traditional marriage is exclusive; gay unions are not. According to Dr. Brad Wilcox of the National Marriage Project, lifetime infidelity dropped in the 2000s to 16% for males and 10% for females. By contrast, according to the San Francisco Chronicle, the number of male partners of a homosexual was four per month. Is that a healthy environment in which to raise children? Some argue that gay marriage would reduce promiscuity, but two-thirds report sex outside the marriage in the first year.
5. States that passed same-sex marriage are rescinding them. After Maine's Legislature voted for same-sex marriage in 2009, Maine voters repealed the law. Subsequently, two dozen state legislators who voted for it were defeated in 2010.
6. Homosexual men are 4% of the population but account for half of all new HIV infections and 85% of syphilis cases. According to the CDC, men having sex with men (MSM) account for 48% of the one million people living with HIV, (532,000), 53% of new HIV infections (28,700).
7. HIV infections are increasing only in gay men, while decreasing among heterosexuals and drug users. MSM are the only risk group in the U.S. in which new HIV infections have been increasing since the early 1990s.
8. Homosexual men are banned from donating blood due to the likelihood they will transmit HIV and other sexually transmitted diseases. A lifetime ban has been imposed by all collectors of blood on gay men to protect America's blood supply.
9. Gay sex is a choice, and one with taxpayer consequences. Several Marylanders testifying against same-sex marriage spent years in the gay lifestyle, but changed to a heterosexual orientation and have been happily married for years. If same-sex marriage is legalized, more people will be lured into this unhealthy lifestyle. A 20-year-old gay has a 50% chance of becoming HIV positive. Many gays will seek Medicaid to cover costs of deteriorating health. It is not in the interest of taxpayers to induce more people into this destructive, costly lifestyle.
10. Gay men live 20 years shorter lives than heterosexuals, according to the only epidemiological study to date. A tenth of sexually active teens are experimenting with same-sex unions, reports a New York City study, published in the journal Pediatrics. Why encourage more teens to experiment with this destructive life style?
In summary, unlike heterosexual marriage in which fidelity is the norm for four out of five couples, promiscuity is the norm for homosexuals, even those in committed relationships. Only a tenth of gays marry if given the legal opportunity to do so. Most are not interested in marrying.
If they aren't interested, why force a change in the definition of marriage to benefit a tenth of 2% of the population? It will only encourage more sexual experimentation among young people with tragic consequences. They will live 20 years shorter lives.
For children to thrive, they need to grow up in homes with a married mother and father. In his 1828 American Dictionary, Noah Webster defined marriage as the "act of uniting a man and a woman for life," because marriage "was instituted ...for the purpose of preventing the promiscuous intercourse of the sexes, for promoting domestic felicity, and for securing the maintenance and education of children."
It is purely political and completely unreasonable. We can't expect them to be reasonable in the least.
And the lies go on....The people argue it is genetic....not a choice. That is a lie...It is learned behavior—most twin studies have proven that— and it is easier to have relationships with the same sex....more in common. It takes sacrifice to have a relationship with opposite sex. That is why it is intrinsic in raising children which take sacrifice.....lust and selfishness in parents, destroy children.
It is also against the Constitution to make law out of something unnatural...it is teaching a lie to children....the Big Lie. Just law is in line with the laws of nature and God’s Law. Just Law will not be just when it forces the unnatural into the minds of children....it destroys logic and reason.
They are promoting a silly and dysfunctional act which demeans the body and causes diseases and stating it is normal. It is absurd and comes out of Cultural Marxism which is designed to destroy the family and Christianity.
Homosexual marriage makes the Bible hate speech....we will have to get rid of the concept “hate speech” because all Christians will be able to be fined and put in prison and stripped of the freedom of thought and speech.
Once the defintion of marriage as being between one man and one woman is discarded, there can not be any law that limits marriage to just two people.
Or even people. You watch and see.
2% of the population wants the other 98% to change their view of the way the world works.
The rights of children needs to be the main focus for the argument against homosexual marriage.
If the State legalizes homosexual marriage, then it is legislating that children will be denied either a mother or a father.
How about 11, one more reason: Allowing same sex marriage opens the door to the redefinition of marriage. Marriage might be between many people (polygamy), brothers and sisters (incest), man and his animal (bestiality), etc. Give one segment of society the right of marriage in whatever fashion they desire, you then will have to give it to others. A precedent will be set and the lawyers will be ready to argue the case. Who suffers the most are the weakest members of society: the children.
The push to make the normal abnormal and the abnormal normal continues.
“And the lies go on....The people argue it is genetic....not a choice. That is a lie...It is learned behaviormost twin studies have proven that”
When I am told that homosexuality is not a choice, that it is genetic, I ask them to explain vegans to me. Humans are genetically omnivores, yet some people successfully go against genetics and live as vegans their whole lives. Choice and will power overriding genetics.
Good one! Never used that yet!!! Of course, these Marxists who deny natural law and God’s law live by their emotions instead of their intellect.....as Marcuse planned with their insertion of BF Skinner into curricula.
They no longer use reason and logic....his “feel good, do it” mantra was to eliminate good and evil.....remove the idea of “sin” and evil so they could readjust normal and freedom to mean serfdom.....and addiction to the passions is necessary to lull and divert attention, so they can destroy and take over a culture.
PC destroys logic and reason....Marcuse and his band of marxists put that into curricula also to destroy us—particularly the family and Christianity...because those two pillars made Western Civ so successful and not easily led into slavery and servitude. ACLU, feminist (NOW), homosexual rights (Hays), ACORN, all were founded by communists to tear down the fabric of Christian culture and destroy the family. The cultural Marxists wrote about their intention to destroy Western Civ....did it in Europe and they are dying...on their last gasp with limited rights and now they are progressing in destroying the Christian paradigm here that existed in America for hundreds of years.
God’s laws are the basis of our Constitution and we can not go against that with “homosexual marriage”....we will eliminate the Christian paradigm that our legal system is based on......There will be no Universal Truth.....it will all be arbitrary laws....whoever has the most power will force their “views” on the masses...like the marxist homosexual community is doing now. The Constitution will be destroyed......of course, that is their objective-—so our rights no longer come from God-—so they can take them away.
This could be our last chance. I just heard the votes are even, but the Lt. Gov. could be a tie breaker.
So heres how we can win (as I posted on other threads).
I was listening to a news broadcast, awhile ago, and the reporter said the majority of Republicans are against the same-sex bill.
So he said they could vote to NOT bring it out of CONFERENCE, which means the bill would be killed, and he said theres nothing Cuomo can do about this.
To reiterate, please tell, ping and/or PM pro-traditional marriage people, that you know, to call their Republican senator in NYS to vote to NOT to bring the bill out of conference for the purpose of KILLING the BILL!
We just did that, and the woman who answered the phone at my Republican senators office said she hopes that will happen, too. So my Republican senator is for voting that the bill does NOT come out of conference, it seems. Is YOURS!
Is there a provision to make Condylomata Acuminata the official New York State lesion?
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.