Skip to comments.Australia's UFO files mysteriously disappear
Posted on 06/08/2011 11:57:32 PM PDT by bruinbirdman
In what sounds like a plot from a science fiction film, it seems that the bulk of the Australian governments X-Files have mysteriously disappeared.
The department of defence has been unable to find a host of records relating to UFO sightings that were collected over several decades.
The disappearance of the documents came to light when the military received a freedom of information (FOI) request from the Sydney Morning Herald Newspaper asking for any documents that mentioned sightings of UFOs or extraterrestrial organisms in Australia.
The request came after the British government released a dossier of thousands of documents relating to unidentified flying objects.
However, after two months of searching the relevant archives, the department said that the documents could not be found.
A spokesman said it was likely that some of the files had been destroyed.
Our office examined past FOI requests which related to UFOs and discovered that many of the files had been destroyed, as is normal administrative procedure, it said in a statement.
In fact, just one file from the entire cache could be located. That related to UFOs/Strange Occurrences and Phenomena in Woomera, a military weapons testing range in the outback.
The lone file detailed a sketchy series of sightings from around the country and overseas, including people living in towns near Woomera, in South Australia.
Australias military decided to stop taking UFO sighting reports in late 2000, asking members of the public to report incidents to police instead.
UFO experts in Australia believe that the military knowingly shredded the documents.
Bill Chalker, author of The Oz Files, said that in 2003 eight years-worth of documents relating to UFO sightings were destroyed
(Excerpt) Read more at telegraph.co.uk ...
Hmm...beamed aboard the mother ship and taken to planet far away for safe keeping.
WOW! Who would have thought that the .gov would possibly lose files requested by citizens? I’m SHOCKED, I tell you.
Sh*t happens.......Strange sh*T at that.
The situation with the Aliens must be worse than
“I want to believe” that “the truth is out there”.
Really? These things were on hard copy only? Give me a freaking break.
Of possible interest to the ping list..?
NASA Internal memo: Family/Personal Preparedness Plan
Subject: Family/Personal Preparedness Plan
From: HQ-NASA INC
Date: Friday, June 10, 2011
AGENCYWIDE MESSAGE TO ALL NASA EMPLOYEES:
Point of Contact: Darrius Lewis, Mission Support Directorate, NASA Headquarters, 202-358-0608, email@example.com
Family/Personal Preparedness Plan
NASA is the only federal agency responsible for its people’s safety and well-being here on Earth and in space and has a longtime commitment to safety and emergency preparedness. Over the past year, Administrator Bolden has emphasized the importance of Family/Personal Preparedness for the entire NASA family. Family and personal preparedness plans are key to protecting our families and communities during potential emergencies such as fires, floods, earthquakes, hurricanes, tornadoes, terrorist attacks and other unforeseen catastrophes.
The most important assets in the successful completion of NASA’s mission are its people and their loved ones. The agency has developed a set of informational guides designed to prepare you, your families and pets for emergencies. These guides will provide you with step-by-step instructions on how to develop your Family Preparedness Plan.
All employees are encouraged to download these guides, prepare plans, and review them with your families. The agency has taken the steps to prepare our NASA family; now it is your personal obligation to prepare yourself and/or your family for an emergency.
To view Administrator Bolden’s video on family preparedness and to download your Family Preparedness guides, visit **http://www.nasa.gov/centers/hq/emergency/personalPreparedness/index.html
This notice is being sent agency wide to all employees by NASA INC in the Office of Communications at NASA Headquarters.
NOTE: to ping list, IMO **http://www.nasa.gov/centers/hq/emergency/personalPreparedness/index.html is worth looking at..
QUIX, please post the above links on your other topics threads if you believe that the above memo is significant..
Australia’s UFO files are missing/shredded/the dog ate them. Hussein recently visited Austalia. Hussein’s files are missing/shredded/the dog ate them. Coincidence?
. . .
. . .
Unfortunately, no documentary evidence or additional witnesses has emerged since 1973 to back-up the EME evidence. Did a UFO really trigger a big blackout at the Nha Trang Base with massive EME on all kinds of engines? Its possible, but until we find a paper trail or additional witnesses, we cant say for sure. However, there is an official paper trail for other UFO incidents during the Vietnam War. The first case on record comes from the final list of Unknowns in Project Blue Book, when Vietnam (and neighboring Cambodia and Laos) were still called French Indochina. Case No. 1232 occurred on May 28, 1952, and was seen by multiple witnesses in Saigon. This was during the first Indochina War against the French colonial power, won by the Vietnamese in 1954.
UFOs or Enemy Helicopters?
Some of the documents and statements in the paper trail come from high-ranking sources. On October 16, 1973, the USAF Chief of Staff, General George S. Brown, gave a press conference in Illinois. The USAF had been out of the UFO business since 1970, but the saucers were back in the news. This was the week when the 1973 UFO flap peaked: the Governor of Ohio had reported a UFO sighting the day before, the Pascagoula abduction occurred on the 11th, and the Coyne helicopter-UFO encounter would take place two days later. So it wasnt surprising that the press would ask General Browns opinion about UFOs. I have a copy of the official Pentagon transcript of Gen. Browns remarks and I even saw once the unedited footage of this conference at the CBS News Archives in New York. Instead of commenting on the recent wave of sightings sweeping across the nation, Gen. Browns attention was drawn back to Vietnam. These are his exact words:
I dont know whether this story has ever been told or not. They werent called UFOs. They were called enemy helicopters. And they were only seen at night and they were only seen in certain places. They were seen up around the DMZ [demilitarized zone] in the early summer of 68. And this resulted in quite a little battle. And in the course of this, an Australian destroyer took a hit and we never found any enemy, we only found ourselves when this had all been sorted out. And this caused some shooting there, and there was no enemy at all involved but we always reacted. Always after dark. The same thing happened up at Pleiku in the Highlands in 69. and we found there that they had moved the radar in and the Army started to work and we finally got that radar out of there and then they quit worrying about their problem.
The issue of UFOs fired at as enemy helicopters by both sides, in fact, was widely reported during certain periods of the war. One occurred in the middle of June 1968, between the 18th and the 23rd. We have in our archives a stack of newswire reports from the AP and Agence France-Press (AFP), published in South American newspapers (mostly Brazil and Chile). They call it the fog of war not for nothing. The affair was truly confusing, so lets try to decipher it.
The first article, published on June 18, 1968, has the appropriate title of Mysterious Aerial Craft Cause Problems in Vietnam. The AP dispatch from Saigon quotes a military spokesman even blaming the recent sinking of a Swift boat to an unidentified object and not by North Vietnamese coastal batteries, as previously announced. A new explanation was given to the press when sightings by American forces continued on the DMZ: Soviet-made Styx missiles that could be fired from small boats. Radar Sees Things In Vietnam Skies was the headline on June 20th. The article added that Phantom F-4 jets were scrambled, but confusion prevailed. An article two days later stated the radar Bogies could have been misinterpreted and scramble operations were suspended.
Newsweek reported about this whole affair on its July 1st issue. Correspondent Robert Stokes was present at the Dong Ha base when thirteen sets of yellowish-white lights were reported over the Ben Hai River. Jets were scrambled and one pilot reported downing an object. Reconnaissance aircraft were immediately sent, but only a burned spot was seen. The loss of the Swift boat was mentioned again, but this time the South Vietnamese government had a new theory: friendly fire from one of our own fighters.
FOIA DOD military intelligence reports
Weve located only two detailed military intelligence reports among the thousands of UFO documents released by various agencies under the FOIA. The first DOD Intelligence Information Report, dated 26 Dec. 1968, deals with Unidentified Flying Objects in the Laos/Thailand border area. It was written by USAF Major Dale Fulton, the Air Attaché in Vientiane, capital of Laos. Besides the Vietnam War proper, there were other, secret engagements in the neighboring countries of Laos and Cambodia, and even Thailand had a communist insurgency for a while, although they were able to quash it.
From a friend:
Aliens UFO in Almata Kazakhstan By Russian MSM
Giant UFO attacked by Russian Military with Translation
Unlike our censored news reports herein the US
UAP? Look, you’ll have to come up with a jazzier acronym if you want to capture the attention of the public. ;’) Thanks for the pointer, Quix.
UAP = unidentified aerial phenomena!
IMO: Keeps the UFO kook factor to a minimum and sounds more scientific.
Have done, IIRC. LOL.
I know, I was just teasing.
“Lost” UFO Files Tell a Chilling Truth
Last week, the Australian government announced that it has “lost” its UFO files. Thus it joins the United States, which “lost” all the files relating to the Roswell AFB dating from 1947 through 1952, and the United Kingdom, which recently announced that it has “lost” all the files relating to the Rendlesham Forest UFO Case.
Rendlesham and Roswell are the two most important UFO cases ever to have taken place. Australia is a UFO hotspot, and sightings are frequent in the area of the US’s Pine Gap signals intelligence facility.
Recently, many of the Rendlesham witness have spoken frankly about their experiences, and there is no longer any question but that an encounter between base personnel and an unknown presence took place there. Congressman Steven Schiff, who initiated the General Accounting Office’s investigation of the Roswell Incident said to me that the files were illegally destroyed—”if they were destroyed.” I asked him, “do you think they might not have been destroyed.” He said, “We are being told that they were destroyed.” So the investigation came to an end.
The absurd notion that the Roswell Incident was sparked by the crash of a secret Soviet reconnaisance plane near the base that contained children who had been disfigured by Nazi scientist Joseph Mengele would be laughable if it hadn’t been uncritically accepted by the media. For example, Terri Gross on NPR’s Fresh Air did not question it at all when the author of the book in which it appears was interviewed on her program. And yet, General Arthur Exon, who was privy to the Roswell Incident from the beginning and was later Commandant of Wright Patterson Air Force Base where they debris was originally brought, told me “everyone from Truman on down knew that what we had found was not of this world within 24 hours of our finding it.”
In the unlikely event that I would even be allowed on Fresh Air, Terri Gross would challenge my honesty if I quoted General Exon on her program. In fact, the general media operates as an arm of the government when it comes to the denial of UFO reality.
But what might that reality be? I don’t know. Are there visitors here from other planets? I don’t know. I do know this, however: these “lost” documents represent a coverup, and it is a chilling one. First, the claims would not be made unless the governments involved were certain that the media would not challenge them. And they’re right. I cannot imagine the London Times, the Australian Age or the New York Times even raising the slightest trace of an eyebrow. The media’s motive is straightforward: they have committed themselves for 60 years to the idea that UFOs are nonsense. Moral obligations aside, they would rather continue to be able to snicker and ignore than admit the truth: the most important event in human history has been unfolding under their noses for 60 years and they have been completely and utterly wrong about it.
However, the decision on the part of a group of governments to stonewall in this way smacks of desperation. While the established media won’t act, the world has changed a great deal, and there are other avenues now. For example, a number of the Rendlesham witnesses have spoken out, considering it their moral duty to do so. Will something similar happen in Australia? It certaintly could. Colonel Jesse Marcel and General Exon spoke out on Roswell, as have many others.
But the question remains: why the secrecy? Because claims that documents have been “lost” are desperate claims, especially when every single important UFO file resource in the world appears to have suffered the same fate. Of course they haven’t been lost. Perhaps hidden by some shadowy intelligence entity, and removed from their proper place in official records, but not lost.
Something large is being hidden. There can be no question about this. The established media will not inquire into it. There can be no question about this, either. So we are left to wonder: what is so secret that governments dare not reveal it to the public.
I cannot answer that question, but I can address it, and I will do it by quoting from a letter we received from a close encounter witness in Australia. If there are more such stories in the records of Austrialian intelligence, I can well understand why they might be so afraid to release them that they would call them “lost.”
I might mention here that, in all of the documents that have been released, as innocuous as most of them are, there is not a single detailed complaint about an abduction. And yet, since I published Communion 25 years ago, I have not gone ONE DAY without receiving at least one such complaint. You can be sure that letters just like the one you are about to read have been sent to governments in droves—and hidden.
I personally talked to this witness and corresponded with her. There is no question in my mind that she was entirely sincere. What I think you are reading here is an example of why governments claim that their files are lost. There is nothing they or anybody else can do about events such as this. They cannot be prevented. They cannot be understood. To admit them, government must also admit that it is completely helpeless to deal with them or even to explain what they are, and that it will never do.
Here is the letter, which appears with permission in the Communion Letters:
In 1976 I was vacuuming my living room floor at about noon. Suddenly I felt quite ill and thought I was going to vomit, so I sat down on the couch to see if the sick feeling would subside. I then saw that I was not alone; there were three strange little people standing alongside the couch, just looking at me. I froze with fear, as I had never seen anything like them before, not even in the movies.
Two of them were short and fat, about four to four and a half feet tall, with broad faces and enormous black eyes, but with only a hint of where a nose or mouth might have been, almost like a pencil drawing. They had wispy bits of brown hair at the back of their heads, and they didn’t have blue suits on like the ones you described in Communion; instead, they were wearing brown shrouds. These, I knew instinctively, were the workers. The other was female, thin and about five feet tall. She wore a black shroud and had black wispy hair at the back of her head. Her face was very elongated, with huge, dark, piercing eyes, and once again just a hint of where a nose or mouth would have been.
The tall thin one started to speak to me with her mind, and told me I was to go with them. I answered with my own mind that I wouldn’t go. Somehow, telepathic communication seemed perfectly normal at the time, and I felt quite comfortable communicating that way. This doesn’t mean that I wasn’t frightened—I was beside myself with fear. She kept saying, ‘You must come with us,’ and I kept refusing. She then said I could go free, and I got up off the couch and crawled along my hallway to the front door. When I got there, they pulled me back with their minds until I was on the couch again. They let me go again, and the result was identical, except that this time my husband was standing at the front door. I clung to him, and I will always remember how the sweater he was wearing smelled.
They pulled me out of his arms and back to the couch and once again told me it was useless to fight, as I had to go with them. The two workers seemed to be busy doing something all the time this was going on, but I have no idea what it was. The next thing I was aware of was the sound of my husband’s car pulling up to the house. I heard him come through the front door and down the hallway, and at this point, I noticed that the visitors were gone.
When my husband walked through the door, I didn’t believe it was him at first; I thought it was another trick. It took me about fifteen minutes to really believe that they were gone and that my husband was home. My next shock came when I found out it was 5:30 p.m. It seemed like it should be 1:30 p.m. at the most. I wonder, where did that time go?
Read the original source: http://www.unknowncountry.com/journal/lost-ufo-files-tell-chilling-truth#ixzz1PUD7RJ7P
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.