Skip to comments.Nearly 1 in 5 Americans had mental illness in 2009
Posted on 11/18/2010 11:15:18 AM PST by NormsRevenge
click here to read article
Take a close look at your four closest friends. If they seem normal...
“Nearly 1 in 5 Americans had mental illness in 2009”
Yeah - Liberals. (See Michael Savage’s book “Liberalism Is A Mental Disorder”)
That’s nothing. Five out of five have mental illness in Washington DC.
One in five Americans have a mental illness. Think of your four best friends. If they’re normal - you’re the one.
I do not have the link readily available, but Gallup runs a long-term poll where about 20% of American voters self-identify as “liberal/progressive”, 42% as “conservative” and the rest as “moderate”.
20% cannot control the other 80% without force. And we have the assets.
... and the guns
yet can still host msnbc shows...
Be careful, the Obama administrtions is preparing the way to put political dissenters in mental wards, like China.
...preparing the ground for more gun-grabbing...
And most are Democrat voters!
All are mad, but thee and me. And even thou art a little queer.
These kinds of reports are driving me craz....geez, what am I saying???
Quite an improvement over the 2 in 5, in 2008 when they elected Barry!
How much of this statistic is real “mental illness” and how much of it is the “mental illness professionals’ industry complex” and their inflated call, their self-serving, job-creating call, in this era, about what constitutes a “mental illness” today.
In modern psychological and psychiatric parlance almost any “bad” behavior can be called a “mental illness”.
Instead of kids being disciplined, at home or anywhere else, the school forces the parents to seek “psychological counseling” for the child, the “psychologist” most definitely agrees that the child has a ‘mental illness’, drugs are prescribed, the family’s insurance pays for all the drugs and treatment (as required by state insurance mandates) and all the academic and “health care” professionals pat themselves on the back (while patting their wallets);
while the kid obtains permanent notice that he/she surely has a “mental illness” for which he/she will need to be giving more business to the mental health professionals for the rest of his/her life.
The process continues into adulthood, as the bad behavior is excused as the fault of the illness, and then the person’s insurance from their employment is pulled into the act to keep the “mental health” profession’s business plan covered.
That - job protection, job insurance for health care specialties - is what state health insurance mandates are actually all about.
I bet there is a one-to-one correlation between the rise in the incidence of “mental illness” and the rise in state insurance mandates for all kinds of “counseling” and education requirements that mandate students with “bad behavior” must also receive psychiatric evaluation and “counseling” - also to be covered by mandated insurance coverage.
The professionals get laws that require people be steered to them and laws that require “insurance” pay for it all, and suddenly, in all kinds of “health care issues” there has never been as many “sick” people.
Its a racket.
Yes. Experts decree that 1 in 5 Americans are mentally ill, but homosexuality is cool.
It's like Global Warming
“What can I do? You’re driving me crazy.”
The American Psychological Association lobbied heavily and was successful at getting mental health benefits on the same level as medical. Parity is going to kick in 1/1/11. One of the reasons premiums are going up. Paperwork is almost doubling and all of a sudden electronic medical records and defined case management basis diagnosis are going to become commonplace. They should have been happy with what they had.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.