Skip to comments.President Obama Admits He's Become Part of the Problem
Posted on 10/28/2010 12:21:02 PM PDT by Sub-Driver
President Obama Admits He's Become Part of the Problem GOP's Pledge to America Offers Clear Plan to Reform Congress & Restore Public Trust
Washington (Oct 28) President Obama conceded yesterday that it was fair to say that his government takeover of health care was written in a very political manner, that is papered over a foundation that is corrupt. This admission, made during an appearance on The Daily Show, was stunning coming from a president who promised on his first full day in office to make government trustworthy because there was too much secrecy in Washington.
Inquiring Americans now want to know which parts of the job-killing health care law President Obama believes were written in a very political manner:
* Is he talking about how PhRMA decided to run expensive television ads in the districts of 38 House Democrats wavering on the final bill a decision that came at the tail end of weeks-long period in which Democratic staffers and PhRMA lobbyists were hashing out the final details of their special deal behind closed doors?
* Is he talking about the infamous Cornhusker Kickback, one of the dozens of payoffs, kickbacks, and sweetheart deals that Democrats pushed for throughout the health care debate?
Theres plenty more where that came from. Of course, ObamaCare is just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to how President Obama and his administration have, by his own admission, become part of the problem:
* President Obama has coddled Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, the government mortgage companies that sparked the financial meltdown, shielding them from reform while forcing responsible taxpayers to subsidize permanent bailouts for irresponsible behavior. Criminal neglect is how one Harvard economist describes Washington Democrats years-long enabling of Fannie and Freddie.
* President Obama has employed scores of former lobbyists in his own administration and ignored his own rules so he could place lobbyists in key policy positions while refusing to place anyone who has ever created a job in the private sector on his economic team. Pressed to change his economic team, President Obama instead promoted one of the architects of his failed stimulus policies and argued for more stimulus spending.
* President Obamas staff holds regular meetings with lobbyists at Caribou Coffee across the street from the Oval Office so that they can avoid recording their meetings on public White House visitors logs.
President Obamas job-killing policies are empowering lobbyists and bureaucrats and killing jobs, and the American people are rising up against them. As one independent voter told The New York Times she voted for Mr. Obama in 2008 because she was looking for a change, adding, the change that ensued was not the change I was looking for but something totally out of left field.
PLEDGE TO AMERICA: A CLEAR PLAN TO REFORM CONGRESS & RESTORE PUBLIC TRUST
Its no surprise that trust in Congress has fallen to record lows on President Obamas watch. To force his job-killing agenda through Congress, Washington Democrats have written bills behind closed doors, cut backroom deals, attempted to manipulate the rules so they could circumvent the will of the people, and ignored their responsibility to write a budget. President Obama got what he wanted, but Americans didnt get the change or the hope they were promised.
With the Pledge to America, a governing agenda built by listening to the people, Republicans are offering a clear plan to deliver an open, accountable, and transparent Congress:
* We will read the bill and require legislation be publicly available at least 3 days before voting on it.
* We will adhere to the Constitution and require every bill to cite its specific Constitutional Authority.
* We will ensure an open and bipartisan debate on all spending bills.
* We will advance legislative issues one at a time and end the practice of massive bills that address unrelated issues.
These reforms are designed to help restore public trust and give government back to the people. Learn more about the Pledge at http://facebook.com/PledgetoAmerica.
Look, let’s get down to cases here: Mr. Obama couldn’t explain a can opener.
Although he's purposely implementing his Commie-like regime, he doesn't know what he's doing. He doesn't even know how bad the outcome is of what he's trying to do.
“President Obama Admits He’s Become Part of the Problem”
We should have learned by now that you can't believe anything he say.
His mental status is becoming more and more suspect. When his failures finally overwhelm his ego, then what?
I’ll believe it when he repeals CommieCare.
Eleventh-hour conversion. With the cold breath of defeat tickling his neck, NOW he admits his duplicity.
Ship done sailed. Save the “mea culpa” for Rev. Wright.
The new conservative congress needs to repeal individual parts of it if he vetos a complete repeal.
Each individual part should be something easily explainable and show how anti-freedom this thing is.
Make him veto things people understand.
“...that is papered over a foundation that is corrupt.
Another shot at ‘racist’ America? I think so. The message is this America is corrupt and we need more wealth redistribution.
Bambi keeps saying Republicans drove the car into a ditch. Well to make the analogy relevant, Bambi came with the tow truck and not only did he drive the tow truck off the cliff, he pulled the car off the cliff also.
He thinks like a Muslim, talks like a Muslim, is a Muslim.
His inability to control his giggling along with that big ass scar on his head makes you wonder for sure.
He tries to tout transparency while his treasury seeks people who can hide information in TARP.
To the Bamster: ‘Fess up, dude, you don’t know to allow prosperity in this country! But you sure know how to squelch it.
That's what happens when you make nothing but left turns.
I really don’t see Obama being elected to a 2nd term. unless he surprises us all and knocks it off with his divisive politics.
And if you don't keep your word to the American people, we WILL throw you out next time, too. November 2010 isn't a mandate for Republicans that we necessarily approve of them. It's a warning to get it right.
What do you expect? Simon Pegg, who is an actor, tweeted a picture of Obama carrying around a comic book.
Glad his priorities are in order and that he has so much time!
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.