Skip to comments.Two Cops Accused of Robbing Undercover Officer
Posted on 10/06/2010 8:28:15 AM PDT by maddog55
Two Philadelphia police officers have been charged with criminal conspiracy, robbery, kidnapping, unlawful restraint, false imprisonment, theft, and other related charges, according to officials.
Sean Alivera, 31, and Christopher Luciano, 23, allegedly robbed a supposed drug dealer of 20 pounds of marijuana with a street value of $24,000 as well as $3,000 in cash. It turns out that the man they thought was a drug dealer was actually an undercover officer.
Authorities also believe that the two planned to have the drugs redistributed on the street by an un-named drug dealer.
These two men are a disgrace to their badges, but they should not reflect on the hard working men and women in the police department, said Philadelphia District Attorney Seth Williams.
(Excerpt) Read more at nbcphiladelphia.com ...
More of the 99% of cops who make the other 1% look bad.
Lucky’s great-grand nephew?
You are exactly right. This is just more evidence of why people hate cops.
OOOPS! Uhhhh...we were, uhhhh...MAKING AN ARREST!!! YEAH!! That’s it. We were making an arrest, so we NATURALLY took the dope and the cash so we could, uh....turn it IN!! Yeah we were JUST about to turn it in when....
Yes, except he’s Unlucky Luciano.
“Yeah! That’s the ticket!”
The union will get them off scot-free with a bonus for testing the honesty of the undercover officer who put them up to it in order to split the profits with them...I can hear it now.
There needs to be stiffer penalties for law enforcement officials who are caught and convicted of committing felonies.
Probably Mexican...stems and lumber.
Police corruption is widespread, this is not a case of 1% making the rest of the force look bad.
The Thin Blue Line protects these criminals as good officers refuse to rat on their brother cops.
With the recent arrests, at least seven Philadelphia officers have been accused or convicted in the past year of trying to rob drug dealers, sometimes in violent, premeditated home invasions.
An eighth is charged with stealing $825 from a tavern where a colleague was slain on duty four years ago.
In July, former city officer Alhinde Weems, 34, was sentenced to 15 years in federal prison for scheming to use his badge to enter a home and rob an undercover agent. He told a judge he had been depressed since suffering a head injury in an on-the-job bike accident; friends said he was supporting a wife, five children and other relatives.
And, in November, former officer Malik Snell, 37, was sent to prison for 30 years for robbing a drug dealer during a traffic stop and taking part in a violent home invasion that led to a high-speed crash that left a nurse with permanent injuries. His father blamed a gambling problem for the crime spree, which a judge called “incomprehensible.”
I remember when "Five finger" (Full sandwich bags) cost $12.00! Just sayin.
Wow...These cops are corrupt to the bone...
They’ll have to go back and look at all their arrests made during the course of their careers.
These two men are only a problem to the Philly PD because they victimized the wrong guy.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.