Skip to comments.NEW VIDEO: top Obama adviser pushes massive reparations for past slavery
Posted on 10/31/2008 5:07:30 PM PDT by Ogletree Investigator
TOP OBAMA ADVISER PUSHES MASSIVE REPARATIONS FOR PAST SLAVERY
Thanks to audio of a top Obama adviser, Harvard law professor Charles Ogletree, saying last weekend that Obama is "biracial," and thus by electing him white America won't be proving it's moved beyond racism, we already know there's lots that an Obama Administration will expect white Americans to do to atone for past racial sins. Summary and links to audio clips here:
For blog coverage of Ogletree's "biracial" comment, and related comments at Harvard Law School's alumni weekend, see here:
Given Ogletree's current notoriety, I thought I'd look through the "video vault" and see what I could find on him, and especially to see what Ogletree might have in mind in terms of how white Americans might be expected to atone for past racial sins. I found an interesting speech he gave in 2001, one month after 9/11, which you can view in its entirety (no chance of anything being taken out of context) here:
Here are a few clips which struck me as especially noteworthy:
1. Ogletree claims that massive reparations for past slavery are necessary because the U.S. basically has never done ANYTHING for poor blacks. I guess Ogletree forgot about the New Deal, the Great Society, and the hundreds of billions, if not trillions, of dollars spent during the past century to help poor blacks. Ogletree explicitly makes this claim at about 4:15 into this excerpt, which covers the end of his speech in addressing two questions on reparations (I've included everything so Ogletree can't claim he's being quoted out of context):
Note (as he discusses in the video) that Ogletree has been a major advocate of litigation to force the U.S. government to make reparations for slavery, even though (as he confesses in the video) many blacks think the effort is silly and counterproductive:
2. Ogletree says post-9/11 patriotism in America is "superficial" (because, apparently, it isn't defined proactively as involving massive reparations for blacks to give them a better standard of living; it's only defined in terms of resolve against the enemies who attacked us) -- I guess NOW WE KNOW why Michelle Obama, Ogletree's student, wasn't really proud of America until this year:
3. Americans aren't "the chosen people":
4. American are too dumb, too ignorant of world affairs, to realize they helped cause 9/11 by arming bin Laden in Afghanistan. Seriously -- he explicitly talks about the stupidity of Americans, and about how few Americans realize that we set up Osama bin Laden's operation in Afghanistan:
5. Colin Powell lied as to why the U.S. didn't attend the world conference on racism:
6. Clarence Thomas is a disgrace, Anita Hill was a victim, and Ogletree's colleagues at Harvard liked what Ogletree did in 1991 to savage Thomas:
7. Ogletree readily agrees that white Christians have been racists, even in the 21st Century, but he won't say one way or the other whether Zionist Jews have been or currently are racist:
There's an article just published in the Harvard Law School newspaper which identifies Ogletree (who likely will serve as a top Justice Department official in any Obama Administration) as a "senior advisor" to the Obama campaign, and covers his close ties to Barack and Michelle Obama (he mentored both as law students):
If the sort of analysis found in Ogletrees 2001 speech is what we get from a "senior adviser" to Obama, I'd hate to see a "junior adviser" in action. This 2001 speech raises doubt about Obamas judgment in the selection of advisors even setting aside the notorious plagiarism/ghostwriting scandal which engulfed Ogletree a few years ago, a mess ably summarized elsewhere:
If the above isnt enough for your reading and viewing pleasure, you can find some interesting video of Barack Obama speaking at Harvard Law in 2005, in which he's introduced with ribbing about his having committed voting registration fraud as a community organizer, about his drug use, and about his habit of aggressively shaking down people for money, and in which Obama confesses that as a Senator in the minority he had no real power or influence, here:
And, BE SURE NOT TO MISS all the Harvard Law videos of top Obama advisor Cornell West (praised by Obama as a "genius," and his "oracle"), summarized and linked to here:
Enjoy all this reading, and viewing, over the weekend -- and please spread the word!
But I was only 8 years-old when slavery occurred. Oh wait,,that would be my
greatgrandma x 10!
Guess I have no association with that period of history.
The blood of 1/2 million men isn’t enough?
I sincerely hope that the next American internal war, coming soon to a theater near you, won’t be broken into racial lines. I fear otherwise.
God help us all.
If the shoe fits, wear it......brutha.
An' id don't have nuthin' to do wid skin....
bingo and amen.
There’s more of us than there is of them. And I am so mad could go postal at motor vehicle.
Jesse Climenko Professor of Law
Director, Charles Hamilton Houston Institute for
Race and Justice Reparations
OGLETREE can kiss my white european arse. Send the bill to somebody who cares like the white bleeding heart liberal establishment. Sound of crickets is all you’re going get. Now get a real god damn job. I hear thei’re hiring at applebee’s!!!
Not this cr@p again.
Re Gettysburg and reparations.
PAID IN FULL; PAID IN BLOOD!
At least 7 of my father-in-law’s family fought in one Penn. Volunteer regiment. Their names are on its memorial.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.