Skip to comments.Why The FBI Watches The Left - (Michelle Malkin has important new security information!)
Posted on 07/19/2005 9:12:22 PM PDT by CHARLITE
Oh, dear. Oh, dear. Civil liberties activists, anti-war organizers, eco-militants and animal rights operatives are in a fright over news that the nefarious FBI is watching them. Why on earth would the government be worried about harmless liberal grannies, innocent vegetarians, unassuming rainforest lovers and other "peaceful groups" simply exercising their First Amendment rights?
Let me remind you of some very good reasons.
In March 2003, I reported on a manifesto disseminated across the Internet by infamous eco-radical Craig Rosebraugh -- former spokesman for the violent Earth Liberation Front -- who called on fellow leftists to take "direct actions" against American military establishments, urban centers, corporations, government buildings and media outlets. His instructions included:
1) Attack the financial centers of the country. Using covert or black block techniques . . . physically shut down financial centers which regulate and assist the functioning of U.S. economy. This can be done in a variety of ways from massive property destruction, to online sabotage, to physical occupation of buildings.
2) Large scale urban rioting. With massive unrest and even state of emergencies declared in major cities across the country, the U.S. government will be forced to send U.S. troops into the domestic arena thereby taking resources and political focus away from the war.
3) Attack the media centers of the country. . . . Using any means necessary, shut down the national networks of NBC, ABC, CBS, CNN, etc. . . .
4) Spread the battle to the individuals responsible for the war and destruction of life -- the very heads of government and U.S. corporations. No longer should these people be able to hide behind their occupations, living their lives in peace while they simultaneously slaughter countless people. Hit them in their personal lives, visit their homes, and make them feel personally responsible for committing massive atrocities.
5) Make it known publicly that this movement DOES NOT support U.S. troops as long as they are serving an unjust and horrifying political regime. Create an atmosphere lacking of support to assist U.S. troops at home and abroad in losing their morale and will to fight . . .
6) Actively target U.S. military establishments within the United States . . . use any means necessary to slow down the functioning of the murdering body.
In April 2003, I reported on a mob of "peace" activists from an outfit called Direct Action to Stop the War that coordinated a seditious blockade of an Oakland port in shipping military supplies. The antiwar mob's primary target at the Port of Oakland was American President Lines, a longtime carrier of military cargo. For Operation Iraqi Freedom, the carrier made nine of its vessels available to the Defense Department in order to move ammunition and sustainment cargo to support U.S. military forces.
The anti-war obstructionists weren't simply exercising their "free speech." They blocked trucks, employees, entryways and streets in order to stop the shipment of things like bullets, rations, lubricants, medical supplies, repair parts and chemical defense equipment to our troops. They also targeted Stevedoring Services of America, which handled some 3 million tons of humanitarian aid.
In August 2004, radical guerrilla activists from the "Black Bloc" group publicized plans to disrupt the GOP convention by attempting to distract police dogs, halt trains in New York City and spur the evacuation of Madison Square Garden.
In January 2005, the anti-war extremists of Code Pink traveled to the Jordan-Iraq border and doled out $600,000 in aid to "the other side."
In February 2005, civil rights attorney and left-wing darling Lynne Stewart was convicted on five counts of conspiring to aid murderous Islamic terrorists and lying to the government about smuggling messages from her jailed client, terrorist mastermind Shiekh Omar Abdel Rahman, to his followers in Egypt.
In June 2005, moonbat celebrity professor Ward Churchill suggested to a Portland audience that killing military officers with explosive devices was a more effective anti-war tactic than conscientious objection. "Fragging an officer has a much more impactful effect," Churchill advised.
The FBI's job is to take threats to our domestic security seriously and act on them before catastrophe strikes. Given the suspect words and actions of left-wing groups over the last several years, "dissent is patriotic" is a bromide no responsible agent can swallow blindly. Tolerating the unfettered free speech of saboteurs has threatened enough lives already.
Ping for later.
Gee, Char, and all we heard about them here in the Bay Area was that some police had gotten a little rough with the protestors and they kept showing a picture of this poor little woman with a big owie on her face.
Its, its, its just unfair what the Gestapo, erm FBI, is doing to these poor people. Bush is just a ferocious dictator that is just controlling the military for the Iraqi oil.
I would suspect we have a few sympathizers/supporters of each of the subversive elements here, and correspondingly, agencies as well silently watching and making notes.
But I'm the suspicious type anyway. Did that come out right? :)
RE: The APL protests in Oakland ;; the wooden dowel projectiles the LEOs used left some pretty nasty welts and bruises, probably marked some of the nudniks for life.. Too bad.
Sounds like they need to enlarge Guantanamo for future domestic terrorists.
I hope they are keeping an eye on the Eric Rudolff's' of the world.
Well, this is a good thing. I have long wondered if U.S. law enforcement fully understood the implications of the myriad of intertwined groups that openly talk of despising this nation and everything it stands for.
While these folks disgust me and it's easier to just dismiss them, we make a grave mistake by doing so. We ought to document what groups are involved, what their general comments are, and what they seem to advocate doing about it.
You don't get 50 to 100 thousand people on the streets just because they are devoted. You get them there through pay or some ulterior motive.
The vast majority of Americans despise what these folks stand for, but we can't get 500 on the street.
There's more to these leftists than meets the eye, and they are way too well connected to just be doing this through mom and pop operations. Who pays for this? Where do they get their funding? What types of networks are set up and what actions do they take that we don't know about?
That person in the article sounds as if he's connected to al Qaida from the rhetoric he spews.
how is this not TREASON?!?
Doing that to just to try and suck up to us won't work.
Arab terrorists used to do that back in the 1970s. Attack their friends for not doing enough.
Good article ping.
It is to me. Got rope?
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.