Skip to comments.Here are 167 reasons why Iím against the COVID-19 lockdowns
Posted on 07/02/2020 4:46:45 AM PDT by grundle
Please share the link to this list on Facebook, Twitter, email, message boards, etc. Thank you.
A lot of the people who support the COVID-19 lockdowns have said it’s because “lives are more important than money.”
But the lockdowns are actually killing far more people than they’re saving.
So instead of it being about “lives vs money,” it’s really about “fewer people dying vs more people dying.”
And yet, when I bring this up, lockdown supporters either ignore it, or they accuse me of not caring about people’s lives, or they say, “better safe than sorry.”
Before I get to my main list, here are some general facts about the lockdowns:
The COVIID-19 lockdowns will end up killing far more people than they save, in the form of increased suicides, increased drug and alcohol overdoses, and canceled and postponed medical procedures. For young and middle aged people who have healthy immune systems, being and poor and unemployed is more dangerous than having COVID-19.
The lockdowns are totalitarian.
The lockdowns are based on bogus computer models.
The real fatality rate of COVID-19 is far, far lower than the bogus, overinflated rate that was used to justify the lockdowns.
The alleged purpose of the lockdowns was to flatten the curve, and prevent the hospitals from being overwhelmed. But the hospitals were never even close to being overwhelmed. On the contrary, the U.S. health care system actually laid off more than a million health care workers during the lockdowns. And yet the lockdowns continue. This is proof that the lockdowns are a scam.
States with the toughest lockdowns forced nursing homes to admit patients who had tested positive for COVID-19. This is mass murder.
Many politicians and other high ranking government officials violated their own lockdowns.
Lockdown supporters want to destroy other people’s jobs, but not their own.
Previous pandemics did not destroy the economy, because there were no lockdowns.
Fresh air, sunshine, and exercise are good for your immune system, and actually reduce your chance of dying from COVID-19.
The government is falsely overstating the number of COVID-19 deaths by including people whose deaths were not actually caused by COVID-19.
And now, on with my list:
Here are 167 reasons why I’m against the COVID-19 lockdowns
1) Sweden did not have a lockdown. Experts predicted that it would have 40,000 COVID-19 deaths by May 1. The actual number was 2,769.
2) Nobel Prize-winning scientist: “the damage done by lockdown will exceed any saving of lives by a huge factor”
3) Keep parks open. The benefits of fresh air outweigh the risks of infection.
4) Dr. Deborah Birx admitted that the lockdown was based on a false, gross overstatement of the true fatality rate.
These are her exact words:
“I think we underestimated, very early on, the number of asymptomatic cases. And I think we’re really beginning to understand there are people that get infected — that those symptoms are so low-grade that they don’t even know that they’re infected”
5) This is a scientific paper called Full lockdown policies in Western Europe countries have no evident impacts on the COVID-19 epidemic.
6) WHO lauds lockdown-ignoring Sweden as a model for countries going forward
7) Do Lockdowns Save Many Lives? In Most Places, the Data Say No.
8) This is from a medical paper:
The COVID-19 death risk in people <65 years old during the period of fatalities from the epidemic was equivalent to the death risk from driving between 9 miles per day (Germany) and 415 miles per day (New York City)
Note from Daniel Alman: The above may be a good reason for a lockdown in the New York City metro area (which includes parts of New Jersey and Connecticut), but certainly not for the rest of the U.S. And certainly not for Germany.
9) A report by the United Nations cites the predicted harm that will happen to tens of millions of children in low income countries as a result of the COVID-19 global wide shutdown.
Examples of this harm to children include increases in malnutrition, loss of education, increased rates of teen pregnancy, reduced access to health care, reduced rates of vaccination, increased rates of infectious disease, increased rates of water borne illness, and increased rates of death:
10) Here in Sweden we’re playing the long game, and listening to science not fear
11) All across the country, huge numbers of hospitals have laid off huge numbers of health care workers. Here are some examples:
Coronavirus financial losses prompt Boston Medical Center to furlough 700 employees, 10% of hospitals workforce
Kentucky hospital chain furloughs about 500 employees as coronavirus saps business
A mounting casualty crisis: Health care jobs
Four West Virginia hospitals lay off hundreds because of coronavirus-related shrinking revenues
Thousands of US medical workers furloughed, laid off as routine patient visits drop during coronavirus pandemic
I Cant Get My Hip Surgery Because Of Coronavirus Even Though Nobody Is In Our Hospital
MUSC Health lays off 900 due to COVID-19 financial strain
Oklahoma City hospital closed amid coronavirus spread
Even nations largest health systems laying off health care workers amid COVID pandemic
Were destroying hospitals in the name of fighting the coronavirus
Mayo Clinic to furlough or cut pay of 30,000 employees
Coronavirus testing company Quest Diagnostics furloughs workers
12) U.S. medical testing, cancer screenings plunge during coronavirus outbreak data firm analysis
13) New York Times: “Some medical experts fear more people are dying from untreated emergencies than from the coronavirus.”
14) As of April 22, 2020, New York and New Jersey, combined, accounted for more than half of U.S. COVID-19 deaths. Both of these states require nursing homes to admit patients who have tested positive for COVID-19. In my opinion, this policy constitutes mass murder. Instead of shutting everything down, New York and New Jersey should stop committing mass murder.
As of the afternoon of April 22, 2020, the U.S. has had a total of 46,771 deaths from COVID-19.
20,167 were in New York.
5,063 were in New Jersey.
In other words, as of April 22, 2020, these two states, combined, accounted for more than half of all COVID-19 deaths in the entire country.
Here’s a link to my source, with a screenshot. The screenshot was taken on the afternoon of April 22, 2020:
Both of these states require nursing homes to admit patients who have tested positive for COVID-19.
NPR recently reported:
New York and New Jersey both have ordered nursing homes to admit patients regardless of their COVID-19 status.
In my opinion, this policy constitutes mass murder.
Nursing home patients are elderly. And they have major health conditions. No one is more vulnerable to dying from COVID-19 than people in nursing homes.
Ordering nursing homes to admit patients who have tested positive for COVID-19 is an extremely mean, dumb, stupid, irrational, irresponsible, and insane thing to do.
This policy has already killed a huge numbers of people.
And who knows how many more will die as a result.
Instead of shutting everything down, New York and New Jersey should stop committing mass murder.
15) Cancer surgeries and organ transplants are being put off for coronavirus
16) How the COVID-19 lockdown will take its own toll on health
17) Higher rates of unemployment correlate very strongly with higher rates of suicide and drug overdoses
18) This five minute video from Bill Maher is my #1 favorite argument against the lockdowns
19) Hypocrite New York Times writer Taylor Lorenz wants to shut down other peoples jobs, but not her own
20) Here’s another hypocrite who wants to shut down other people’s jobs, but not her own
The woman in this article and video ratted out local businesses.
Then someone published her name on the internet.
Now the woman is worried that she might lose her own job:
21) Illinois Gov. Who Forced State Lockdown Busted Flying His Wife And Kids To Florida
22) Chicago Mayor Forced To Defend Getting A Haircut In Violation Of Her Own Stay-At-Home Order
23) Barack Obama Goes Golfing at Country Club the Day After Michelle Urged African Americans to Stay Home
24) Video: Wisconsin Deputies Threaten a Mother For Letting Her Daughter Play At a Neighbors Home During Shutdown
25) Mississippi police issue $500 tickets to drive-in church service attendees
26) NYC Mayor Threatens to Shut Down Synagogues, Churches: But not Mosques
27) De Blasio Breaks Up Rabbis Funeral
28) The First Amendment protects freedom of religion
29) The First amendment protects freedom of assembly
30) Tucker Carlson: Totalitarianism doesnt shock us any more
31) Shutting down the schools is reprehensible.
The harm that this will end up causing children will be very large, and very long lasting.
Not just academically, but also psychologically, socially, and professionally.
We are teaching children to be terrified of something that, in reality, is not even a statistical threat or risk to them.
COVID-19 death rate by age in the U.S.:
Perhaps for the time being, schools should only have teachers who are below a certain age – perhaps 50. Or maybe 60.
We should isolate people who are especially vulnerable.
And we should let children go to school, get infected, and build up herd immunity.
We shouldn’t let children near their grandparents until their infection has cleared, they have developed antibodies, and they are no longer contagious.
32) The 1968 flu killed approximately 100,000 people in the U.S. But we still kept the schools open. And the restaurants. And the movie theaters.
33) Should we keep everything closed until there are zero germs in the world? Good luck with that!
34) The entire justification for the lockdowns was a lie.
The alleged justification for the lockdowns was that we had to flatten the curve so the hospitals did not get overwhelmed.
The hospitals did not get overwhelmed.
On the contrary, all across the country, huge number of hospitals are laying off huge numbers of health care workers. (see #11 on this list for many examples.)
But the lockdowns are still going on.
Therefore, the entire justification for the lockdowns was a lie.
35) A study of hospitalized COVID-19 patients in New York showed that 66% of them were people who stayed home
36) Government scientist Neil Ferguson, who was responsible for creating the lockdown in the U.K., violated it when he invited his mistress to visit him
37) The governors in more than 30 states banned elective medical procedures, even though there was plenty of excess health care capacity available to perform these elective procedures.
The word elective refers to any medical procedure that is scheduled in advance.
Examples of elective medical procedures that were postponed or canceled include cancer treatment, organ transplants, and hip surgery.
There was no need to ban elective procedures, because there was still plenty of excess health care capacity available. All across the country, huge numbers of hospitals laid off huge numbers of health care workers. See #11 on this list for many examples.
38) Some of the governors who banned elective medical procedures were hypocrites, because they gave an exemption to abortion.
I’m not using this blog post to argue for, or against, the legality of abortion.
Instead, what I am criticizing here is the hypocrisy of these governors.
For example, Politico reported:
New Jersey Gov. Phil Murphy was one of a handful of Democratic leaders to explicitly carve out an exception for the full range of family planning services and procedures, including terminations of pregnancies from his executive order that suspends elective surgeries.
As another example, the Lansing State Journal reported:
Reproductive health clinics in Michigan are still providing abortion services, citing an exemption for pregnancy-related visits and procedures in Gov. Whitmers executive order restricting non-essential medical services.
Likewise, the New Boston Post reported:
The Massachusetts Department of Public Health has exempted elective abortions from the statewide ban on elective surgery during the coronavirus precautionary restrictions.
Furthermore, Virginias official government website reported:
Governor Ralph Northam and State Health Commissioner M. Norman Oliver, MD, MA today directed all hospitals to stop performing elective surgeries or procedures
The public health emergency order does not apply to family planning services
Also, the Washington Free Beacon reported:
Pennsylvania Allows Planned Parenthood to Perform Abortions Despite Elective Surgery Ban
39) Theyre using COVID-19 as an excuse to release convicted criminals, and to jail the innocent
This article is called
So Far, More Than 300 Prisoners Released Due To COVID-19 Under Mass. High Courts Ruling.
Meanwhile, this other article is called
Dallas salon owner jailed for defying virus shutdown order.
40) As of May 6, 2020, only 7% of Pennsylvanias hospital beds were being used to treat COVID-19 patients. However, the state continues with its lockdown anyway. This proves that the lockdown is a scam.
The alleged purpose of the lockdown was to flatten the curve, so that hospital resources would not be overwhelmed.
As of May 6, 2020, only 7% of Pennsylvanias hospital beds were being used to treat COVID-19 patients.
Despite this, the Pennsylvania lockdown continues.
This proves that the lockdown is a scam.
41) End all restrictions, they were unnecessary, Hebrew University researchers say
42) Years of life lost due to the psychosocial consequences of COVID19 mitigation strategies based on Swiss data
A scientific paper states:
Background: The pandemic caused by COVID-19 has forced governments to implement strict social mitigation strategies to reduce the morbidity and mortality from acute infections. These strategies however carry a significant risk for mental health which can lead to increased short-term and long-term mortality and is currently not included in modelling the impact of the pandemic. Methods: We used years of life lost (YLL) as the main outcome measure as applied to Switzerland as an exemplar. We focused on suicide, depression, alcohol use disorder, childhood trauma due to domestic violence, changes in marital status and social isolation as these are known to increase YLL in the context of imposed restriction in social contact and freedom of movement. We stipulated a minimum duration of mitigation of 3 months based on current public health plans. Results: The study projects that the average person would suffer 0.205 YLL due to psychosocial consequence of COVID-19 mitigation measures. However, this loss would be entirely borne by 2.1% of the population, who will suffer an average 9.79 YLL. Conclusions: The results presented here are likely to underestimate the true impact of the mitigation strategies on YLL. However, they highlight the need for public health models to expand their scope in order to provide better estimates of the risks and benefits of mitigation.
43) Elon Musk said:
“Frankly, this is the final straw. Tesla will now move its HQ and future programs to Texas/Nevada immediately. If we even retain Fremont manufacturing activity at all, it will be dependen on how Tesla is treated in the future. Tesla is the last carmaker left in CA.”
44) Health care industry decimated by coronavirus, loses 1.4 million jobs
45) LA Mayor Garcetti encourages residents to report violators of stay-at-home order: Snitches get rewards
46) Take the Shutdown Skeptics Seriously
The Atlantic wrote:
Take the Shutdown Skeptics Seriously
Americans should carefully consider the potential costs of prolonged shutdowns lest they cause more deaths or harm to the vulnerable than they spare…
… minimizing the number of COVID-19 deaths today or a month from now or six months from now may or may not minimize the human costs of the pandemic when the full spectrum of human consequences is considered…
… the warnings of thoughtful shutdown skeptics warrant careful study…
47) Anxiety from reactions to Covid-19 will destroy at least seven times more years of life than can be saved by lockdowns
Anxiety From Reactions to Covid-19 Will Destroy At Least Seven Times More Years of Life Than Can Be Saved by Lockdowns
By Andrew Glen, Ph.D. and James D. Agresti
Medical studies show that excessive stress and anxiety are among the most debilitating and deadly of all health hazards in the world. Beyond their obvious effects like suicide and substance abusethese mental stressors are strongly related to and may trigger and inflame a host of ailments like high blood pressure, digestive disorders, heart conditions, infectious diseases, cancer, and pregnancy complications.
Based on a broad array of scientific data, Just Facts has computed that the anxiety created by reactions to Covid-19such as stay-at-home orders, business shutdowns, media exaggerations, and legitimate concerns about the viruswill destroy at least seven times more years of human life than can possibly be saved by lockdowns to control the spread of the disease. This figure is a bare minimum, and the actual one is likely more than 90 times greater.
This study was reviewed by Joseph P. Damore, Jr., M.D., who concluded: This research is engaging and thoroughly answers the question about the cure being worse than the disease. Dr. Damore is a certified diplomate with the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology, an assistant professor of psychiatry at the Weill Medical College of Cornell University, an assistant attending psychiatrist at New York Presbyterian Hospital, and an adjunct professor in the Department of Behavioral Sciences and Leadership at the U.S. Military Academy.
48) Politicians Lied About the Lockdowns
49) Video allegedly shows that once the cameras are off reporters remove their masks and dont follow social distancing rules
50) Hypocrite Beaumont, Texas mayor Becky Ames thinks everyone except herself should be banned from going to nail salons
Becky Ames is the mayor of Beaumont, Texas.
She ordered all the nail salons in her city to lockdown.
However, she violated her own lockdown by allowing one specific nail salon to be open just so she herself could go there to get her nails done.
NBC News reported: (the bolding is mine)
The mayor of a southern Texas city apologized for violating her own stay-at-home order after a photo surfaced on social media of her at a nail salon.
The trip Tuesday by Beaumont Mayor Becky Ames to the closed salon has sparked an investigation by the district attorney.
In the image, the mayor is seen wearing a face mask as she’s seated at a table with her hands in a bowl of water. According to NBC affiliate KBMT in Beaumont, the photo was taken at The Nail Bar.
The NBC News article has a link to this picture of mayor Ames getting her nails done at the salon:
51) Small business used to define Americas economy. The pandemic could change that forever.
52) PA Health Secretary moved mother out of personal care home after ordering nursing homes to accept COVID patients
53) Boy Scouts banned from planting American flags on veterans graves for Memorial Day due to coronavirus
54) Sheriff rejects call by Virginia governor to enforce lockdown, cites Constitution
55) Totalitarian Michigan governor Gretchen Whitmer ordered a barber named Karl Manke to stop cutting hair. Then she rejected his claim for unemployment compensation. In order to pay for food, he continued cutting hair. Then she suspended his license, without so much as even a hearing or due process. And she wont let him grow his own food. Apparently, she wants him to starve to death.
Karl Manke is a barber in Michigan. Hes been running his own barbershop since 1961.
Michigan governor Gretchen Whitmer ordered barbershops to close. Her alleged reason was that we had to flatten the curve, so hospitals would not be overwhelmed with COVID-19 patients.
The curve has been flatted. The hospitals have not been overwhelmed.
Despite this, governor Whitmer will still not allow barbershops to open.
Manke applied for unemployment compensation, but was rejected.
In order to pay for food, Manke continues to operate his barbershop.
Governor Whitmer suspended Mankes professional license and his license for his barbershop, without so much as even a hearing or due process.
Michigan governor Gretchen Whitmer is a totalitarian who wants to force Karl Manke to starve to death.
Governor Whitmers intent to force Manke to starve to death is so strong that she wont even let him grow his own food. She has ordered big box stores to prevent customers from having access to certain sections of the store, including gardening supplies.
Hers are the exact words of Governor Whitmers order from her official government website. The bolding is mine: (Original, archive)
For stores of more than 50,000 square feet Close areas of the store by cordoning them off, placing signs in aisles, posting prominent signs, removing goods from shelves, or other appropriate meansthat are dedicated to the following classes of goods: Carpet or flooring. Furniture. Garden centers and plant nurseries. Paint.
Only a totalitarian would be in favor of such a government policy.
56) Wisconsin Supreme Court strikes down stay-at-home order
57) Cyril H. Wecht, one of the countrys most well regarded doctors, made an excellent argument against the lockdown
58) Remy: Surfin USA (Beach Boys Lockdown Parody)
59) Scott Adams: “Is every risk factor for #COVID19 a Vitamin D deficiency in disguise?”
Scott Adams wrote:
“Is every risk factor for #COVID19 a Vitamin D deficiency in disguise? Google it: old, overweight, black, diabetic, smog dwellers, nursing homes, prisons, shaded NYC streets, Chinese urban dwellers, covered body parts (Iran). All would have vitamin D issues.”
“Maybe we only think the heat and sunlight and humidity are what makes most viruses fade in summer. I believe science is not entirely sure why summer helps. All four variables seem promising, including Vitamin D. But the latter explains more observations.”
“Does the Vitamin D correlation work In reverse too? Who is doing unexpectedly well at keeping COVID19 at bay? Texas, Florida, other outdoorsy states. How about kids. Do your kids wear sunscreen every time they go in the backyard or street? Probably not.”
“Prisons are showing high infection rates but low deaths. Just learned that prison meals are engineered with vitamin D supplements. Makes sense.”
60) This COVID-19 meme quote from Handmaids Tale is spot-on accurate. And the person is even wearing a mask over her mouth!
I found this meme at this link: https://i.redd.it/pdhed3wxszy41.png
61) The curve has been flattened: Michigan doctors sue Gov Whitmer over shutdown order
62) I created this meme
Click this link to see a bigger version: https://danfromsquirrelhill.files.wordpress.com/2020/05/woodstock-meme.jpg
63) Dr. Ngozi Ezike, director of Illinois Department of Public Health,
admitted that the government is falsely overstating the number of people who died from COVID-19.
if you died of clear alternative cause, but you had COVID at the same time, its still listed as a COVID death
64) New York and New Jersey both required nursing homes to admit patients who had tested positive for COVID-19. Meanwhile, Florida prohibited nursing homes from admitting such patients. The different results of these different policies are exactly what you would expect.
New York and New Jersey both required nursing homes to admit patients who had tested positive for COVID-19.
Florida did the opposite. It prohibited patients who had tested positive for COVID-19 from being put in nursing homes.
The different results of these different policies are exactly what you would expect.
The Palm Beach Post reported the following rates of elder-care resident deaths per 100,000 people:
New York: nearly 27
New Jersey: 51
65) Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez apparently blames Trump for the fact that New York and New Jersey forced nursing homes to admit patients who had tested positive for COVID-19. And she apparently doesnt know that Floridas sunshine is good for your immune system. And she apparently thinks Floridas death rate is higher than New Yorks and New Jerseys.
Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez gets so many different things wrong in the video below.
New York and New Jersey both required nursing homes to admit patients who had tested positive for COVID-19. This caused the disease to spread, and infect, and kill, a huge number of people who lived in these nursing homes.
But instead of blaming these deaths on New York and New Jersey, Ocasio-Cortez apparently blames them on Trump.
Meanwhile, Florida banned nursing homes from admitting patients who had tested positive for COVID-19. This saved a huge number of lives.
But instead of praising Floridas actions, Ocasio-Cortez criticizes the state.
Ocasio-Cortez also apparently doesnt understand that the sunshine at Floridas beaches helps peoples bodies to generate vitamin D, and that this helps to protect them from COVID-19.
Also, Ocasio-Cortez apparently doesnt seem to understand that just about every single mass outbreak of COVID-19 that has been documented, happened inside.
And Ocasio-Cortez apparently thinks that Floridas death rate is higher than New Yorks and New Jerseys.
But here are the real numbers. COVID-19 deaths per 1 million population, as of May 17, 2020. Source: https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/
New York: 1,446
New Jersey: 1,155
66) Risk of coronavirus spreading in schools is extremely low study finds
67) Stanford University doctor: You are mistaken if you think coronavirus lockdowns provide safety
68) CNN reporter Kaitlan Collins caught removing face mask when she thought camera was off
69) Totalitarian Pennsylvania governor Tom Wolf just forced my dental hygienist to cancel my 6 month teeth cleaning
By Daniel Alman (aka Dan from Squirrel Hill)
May 18, 2020
Im 49 years old. Ive lived in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, my entire life. Ive been getting my teeth cleaned at the same dental practice ever since I was a little kid in the 1970s.
My 6 month teeth cleaning had been scheduled for tomorrow.
But they just called to tell me that it has been canceled, because they are not allowed to do teeth cleaning at this point in time.
70) Relapses are through the roof, overdoses are through the roof: How the pandemic is upping substance abuse
… They cant go to a 12-step based meeting…
… People are self-medicating due to the quarantine. And theyre drinking more, and abusing more, and relapses are through the roof right now.
71) Neil Fergusons Imperial model “could go down in history as the most devastating software mistake of all time, in terms of economic costs and lives lost”
72) Childhood vaccine rates plummet amid coronavirus pandemic, risking new health crisis
Childhood vaccine rates for preventable diseases like measles and whooping cough have fallen during the COVID-19 pandemic, raising the possibility of an additional health crisis.
In New York City… the number of vaccine doses administered from March 23 to May 9 fell 63 percent compared with the same period last year.
In children older than 2 years, it fell 91 percent…
… Doctors offices have been closed…
… The numbers in New York match a national trend…
… from mid-March to mid-April, doctors in the federally funded Vaccines for Children program for the uninsured ordered about 2.5 million fewer doses of all routine non-influenza vaccines and 250,000 fewer doses of measles-containing vaccines compared to the same period in 2019…
73) Rise in female genital mutilation in Somalia linked to coronavirus shutdown
Somali girls out of school and stuck at home have been subject to a massive rise in female genital mutilation…
Its a lifetime torture for girls. The pain continues until the girl goes to the grave. It impacts her education, ambition everything.
… the UNFPA has warned that globally 2 million more girls could be cut over the next decade because of how the global pandemic has disrupted efforts to end the practice.
74) Who Are The REAL Fascists?
75) More than 500 doctors signed this letter:
In medical terms, the shutdown was a mass casualty incident.
During a mass casualty incident, victims are immediately triaged to black, red, yellow, or green. The first group, triage level black, includes those who require too many resources to save during a mass crisis. The red group has severe injuries that are survivable with treatment, the yellow group has serious injuries that are not immediately life threatening, and the green group has minor injuries.
The red group receives highest priority. The next priority is to ensure that the other two groups do not deteriorate a level. Decades of research have shown that by strictly following this algorithm, we save the maximum number of lives.
Millions of Americans are already at triage level red. These include 150,000 Americans per month who would have had a new cancer detected through routine screening that hasnt happened, millions who have missed routine dental care to fix problems strongly linked to heart disease/death, and preventable cases of stroke, heart attack, and child abuse. Suicide hotline phone calls have increased 600%.
Tens of millions are at triage level yellow. Liquor sales have increased 300-600%, cigarettes sales have increased, rent has gone unpaid, family relationships have become frayed, and millions of well-child check-ups have been missed.
Hundreds of millions are at triage level green. These are people who currently are solvent, but at risk should economic conditions worsen. Poverty and financial uncertainty is closely linked to poor health.
A continued shutdown means hundreds of millions of Americans will downgrade a level. The following are real examples from our practices.
Patient E.S. is a mother with two children whose office job was reduced to part-time and whose husband was furloughed. The father is drinking more, the mother is depressed and not managing her diabetes well, and the children are barely doing any schoolwork.
Patient A.F. has chronic but previously stable health conditions. Her elective hip replacement was delayed, which caused her to become nearly sedentary, resulting in a pulmonary embolism in April.
Patient R.T. is an elderly nursing home patient, who had a small stroke in early March but was expected to make a nearly complete recovery. Since the shutdown, he has had no physical or speech therapy, and no visitors. He has lost weight, and is deteriorating rather than making progress.
Patient S.O. is a college freshman who cannot return to normal life, school, and friendships. He risks depression, alcohol abuse, drug abuse, trauma, and future financial uncertainty.
We are alarmed at what appears to be the lack of consideration for the future health of our patients. The downstream health effects of deteriorating a level are being massively under-estimated and under-reported. This is an order of magnitude error.
It is impossible to overstate the short, medium, and long-term harm to peoples health with a continued shutdown. Losing a job is one of lifes most stressful events, and the effect on a persons health is not lessened because it also has happened to 30 million other people. Keeping schools and universities closed is incalculably detrimental for children, teenagers, and young adults for decades to come.
The millions of casualties of a continued shutdown will be hiding in plain sight, but they will be called alcoholism, homelessness, suicide, heart attack, stroke, or kidney failure. In youths it will be called financial instability, unemployment, despair, drug addiction, unplanned pregnancies, poverty, and abuse.
Because the harm is diffuse, there are those who hold that it does not exist. We, the undersigned, know otherwise.
76) Ohio judge deems the states COVID-19 lockdown Arbitrary, unreasonable, and oppressive
77) New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio does not understand math
According to the CDC, for children who contract COVID-19, the death rate is zero:
And here’s a recent news headline:
Risk of coronavirus spreading in schools ‘extremely low’, study finds
Despite those two pieces of information, this is a recent tweet by New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio:
The text of de Blasio’s tweet says: (the bolding is mine)
“Earlier today the NYPD shut down a Yeshiva conducting classes with as many as 70 children. I cant stress how dangerous this is for our young people. Were issuing a Cease and Desist Order and will make sure we keep our communities and our kids safe.”
Clearly, New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio does not understand math.
78) Dr. Mike deBoisblanc, head of the trauma department at John Muir Medical Center in Walnut Creek, California, said, “… we’ve seen a year’s worth of suicide attempts in the last four weeks…”
79) “rampant unemployment, isolation and an uncertain future – could lead to 75,000 deaths from drug or alcohol abuse and suicide”
80) More people died of suicide than coronavirus in Tennessee last week
81) In Washington state, people who were killed by gunshots were falsely counted as being killed by COVID-19
82) Barber who defied Michigan coronavirus lockdown can continue, says court
83) De Blasio shredded for encouraging New Yorkers to rat out social distancing violators. “Urging citizens to film non-compliant individuals reminds me of one of the tactics utilized in the country where he spent his honeymoon, Cuba.”
84) Poll: Democrats much more likely than Republicans to snitch on neighbors for ‘lockdown’ violations
85) Downstate judge blasts Pritzkers stay-at-home-order: Americans dont get ruled
86) New Zealand health minister demoted after beach visit broke lockdown rules
87) Cabinet minister Robert Jenrick visited his parents during Covid-19 lockdown
88) Scotland’s chief medical officer Catherine Calderwood steps down after visiting second home twice despite advice to stay in
89) Pressure on Dominic Cummings (Boris Johnsons key adviser) to quit over lockdown breach
90) AP count: Over 4,500 virus patients sent to NY nursing homes
91) Dr. Anthony Fauci says staying closed for too long could cause irreparable damage
92) Indonesian researchers, Prabowo Raharusuna, MD, and colleagues, studied 780 confirmed cases of COVID-19, of which 380 died and 400 survived… Vitamin D as a Risk Factor: When adjusted for confounds i.e., age, sex, and comorbidity those with vitamin D insufficiency were still approx. 7.63 times more likely to die, and those with vitamin D deficiency were sill approx. 10.12 times more likely to die,
93) Minnesota nursing homes, already the site of 81% of COVID-19 deaths, continue taking in infected patients
94) In the U.S., the first nine weeks of the lockdown caused 38 million people to lose their jobs
95) While Michigan governor Gretchen Whitmer forced barbershops to close for being “dangerous,” she allowed a gay swinger’s club with “glory holes” and anonymous, unprotected sex to remain open
Note from Daniel Alman: I’m a libertarian. I’m against the government shutting down either one of these things. I don’t care what consenting adults do in private. My objection is not to the sex club. Instead, my objection is to Whitmer’s hypocrisy.
96) Minnesota governor Tim Walz tried to give churches a longer lockdown than shopping malls, casinos, tattoo parlors, liquor stores, and salons
97) Michigan governor Gretchen Whitmers husband sought boat launching during state of emergency. Boating had been banned during the state of emergency.
98) Why didn’t the 1958 and 1918 pandemics destroy the economy? Hint: it’s the lockdowns
99) Virginia governor Ralph Northam wants to force everyone, except himself, to wear a mask
100) LA County sheriffs deputies arrested a paddle boarder for violating the states stay-at-home order
101) Mask hypocrisy at MSNBC
102) New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio violates his own government’s recommendations and hits the gym in Brooklyn amid the coronavirus shutdown
103) New Mexico Governor Michelle Lujan Grisham violated her own lockdown so she could buy jewelry
104) CNN interviews Alabama beachgoers not wearing masks, gets owned after photos surface of maskless reporter
105) The fatality rate of COVID-19 “would probably be 0.13 percent for people outside nursing homes”
106) A scientific study said, “Home outbreaks were the dominant category (254 of 318 outbreaks; 79.9%)”
107) NY Gov. Andrew Cuomo admits that all the COVID-19 projections ‘were all wrong’
108) Chicago pastor claims the mayor sent armed police in unmarked cars to bang on the church doors Sunday: It was like the Soviet-styled KGB
109) Minnesota Governor Tim Walz: Restrictions will stay In place until we get a vaccine
110) Michigan governor Gretchen Whitmer “signed an order mandating that nursing homes and other long-term care facilities accept COVID-19 patients”
111) Minnesota nursing homes have 81% of COVID-19 deaths, still taking positive patients
112) States with the toughest lockdowns forced nursing homes to admit patients who had tested positive for COVID-19. This caused the U.S. death rate to be far, far higher than it otherwise would have been.
New York, New Jersey, Michigan, Minnesota, Pennsylvania, and California all forced nursing homes to admit patients who had tested positive for COVID-19.
New York and New Jersey both have ordered nursing homes to admit patients regardless of their COVID-19 status. California had a similar directive.
The Washington Examiner reported:
Whitmer signed an order mandating that nursing homes and other long-term care facilities accept COVID-19 patients
Valley News Live reported:
Many states, including New York, came under fire for a policy requiring nursing homes to admit COVID-19 positive patients…
Minnesota’s Department of Health did so…
The Daily Caller reported:
PA Health Secretary Moved Mother Out Of Personal Care Home After Ordering Nursing Homes To Accept COVID Patients
These are the very same states that had the toughest lockdowns.
If the real purpose of the lockdowns was to protect people from COVID-19, then why did the states with the toughest lockdowns force nursing homes to admit people who had tested positive for COVID-19?
113) Minnesota mayor gives masks to crowding rioters after warning in-person worship would be ‘public health disaster’
114) New England Journal of Medicine: “We know that wearing a mask outside health care facilities offers little, if any, protection from infection”
115) In Colorado, “a CBS4 Investigation revealed the state health department reclassified three deaths at a Centennial nursing home as COVID-19 deaths, despite the fact attending physicians ruled all three were not related to coronavirus”
116) In Michigan, someone who committed suicide was listed as having died from COVID-19
117) Dr. Deborah Birx: “if someone dies with COVID-19 we are counting that as a COVID-19 death”
118) According to Elie Mystal, a writer for the Nation, people who protest against the lockdown arent freedom fighters theyre virus-spreading sociopaths, while people who protest against the murder of George Floyd have incredible strength
Elie Mystal is a writer for The Nation.
According to Mystal, people who protest against the lockdown
arent freedom fighters theyre virus-spreading sociopaths
while people who protest against the murder of George Floyd have
Make up your mind. Either the virus is too dangerous for people to be protesting in public, or its not. You cant have it be safe for protesters that you agree with, but dangerous for protestors that you disagree with. Viruses dont work that way. The virus doesnt know or care why a person is protesting.
119) Pennsylvania governor Tom Wolf violated his own lockdown to participate in a Black Lives Matter protest
120) The ACLU supported the lockdown for law abiding business owners, but opposed the lockdown for criminals who looted, vandalized, and burned those very same businesses
121) Knut Wittkowski, former head of Biostatistics, Epidemiology, and Research Design at The Rockefeller Universitys Center for Clinical and Translational Science, said the lockdown “most likely made the situation worse”
122) A Jewish childrens gathering turned into a George Floyd protest so New York City Mayor Bill De Blasio wouldnt shut it down
This is one of the most absurd examples of the lockdowns double standards.
A Jewish childrens gathering turned into a George Floyd protest so New York City Mayor Bill De Blasio wouldnt shut it down.
Heres a photograph of it. Note the sign on the left that says, Justice for George Floyd.
You can see a bigger version of the photograph at this link: https://danfromsquirrelhill.files.wordpress.com/2020/05/jewish-children-justice-for-george-floyd.jpg
The photograph is from this tweet:
Here’s an article about it:
123) Over 1,000 health experts sign letter of support for Black Lives Matter mob but conservative protesters are racist and must stay at home due to COVID-19
124) New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio said Tuesday that he still supported quarantine measures that limited attendance at houses of worship to 10, even as he supported mass protests in the city against police brutality
125) Michigan Supreme Court unanimously sides with 77-year-old barber over governor Gretchen Whitmer
126) Black pro-lifers arrested for praying at Planned Parenthood while hundreds of rioters go free
127) PA Health Secretary twists herself into a pretzel trying to justify limitless BLM protests while standing by COVID-19 restrictions for small businesses
128) New York City Mayor Bill De Blasio broke up a Jewish funeral, but allowed a funeral for George Floyd
129) Michigan governor Gretchen Lockdown Whitmer leads group of marchers chanting, Hands up, dont shoot
130) Claire McCaskill was the State Auditor of Missouri, as well as a U.S. Senator from Missouri. She criticized people who went swimming, but defended Black Lives Matter protestors.
131) U.S. Congresswoman Nancy Pelosi said she supported extending the lockdown for three more months. Less than one month later, she participated in a Black Lives Matter protest.
132) Let this sink In: Churches are shuttered over COVID-19 fears, but violent anarchists are allowed to congregate with impunity
133) New York governor Andrew Cuomo criticized anti-lockdown protestors, but defended Black Lives Matter protestors who violated the lockdown
134) Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti threatened to turn off the water and electricity to businesses that violated the lockdown, but he defended Black Lives Matter protestors who violated the lockdown
135) Denmark, Finland say they saw no increase in coronavirus after schools re-opened
136) Kanchan Soni, who lived in India, died because the lockdown prevented her from getting dialysis
137) Chewing gum, wire-cutters, and superglue: the alarming rise of DIY Dentistry under coronavirus
138) A scientific paper on the lockdown states, “In high burden settings, HIV, TB and malaria related deaths over 5 years may be increased by up to 10%, 20% and 36%, respectively”
139) Polio and measles could surge after disruption of vaccine programs. A new study of 129 countries found that the interruption of inoculation efforts could put 80 million babies at risk of getting deadly, preventable diseases.
140) Why most Covid-19 deaths wont be from the virus
141) Two hairstylists who had coronavirus saw 140 clients. No new infections have been linked to the salon, officials say.
142) Democrats cheering ‘Black Lives Matter’ protests now say Trump rallies pose coronavirus risk
143) New Jersey governor Phil Murphy violated his own lockdown to participate in two Black Lives Matter protests
144) Over half of Minnesota coronavirus death certificates list something else as primary cause of death
145) In the real world, George Floyd was killed by a police officer. But in the fantasy world of bogus COVID-19 statistics, he died from COVID-19.
In the real world, George Floyd was killed by a police officer.
This CNN article is titled, “George Floyd tested positive for coronavirus, but it had nothing to do with his death, autopsy shows.”
So although Floyd tested positive for COVID-19, it was not the cause of his death.
However, Dr. Deborah Birx had previously stated:
if someone dies with COVID-19 we are counting that as a COVID-19 death
In the real world, George Floyd was killed by a police officer.
But in the fantasy world of bogus COVID-19 statistics, he died from COVID-19.
146) U.S. Senator Bernie Sanders praised Black Lives Matter protestors, but said Trump’s proposed GOP convention was dangerous
On June 5, 2020, U.S. Senator Bernie Sanders said the following of Black Lives Matter protestors:
“I’m very proud of the people standing up for justice and taking to the streets. When we study history we look at pivotal moments the Civil War, the Great Depression, World War II. People will look back on this time as one of those moments.”
However, on June 11, 2020, Sanders said the following of President Trump’s proposed GOP convention:
“Trump wants 15,000 delegates cheering him at his GOP convention in Florida. No social distancing. His rejection of medical advice endangers not only those there but those they come in contact with. Trump’s a threat to the health and well-being of the country. He must be defeated.”
Make up your mind, Senator Sanders. Either the virus is too dangerous for people to be gathering in large groups, or its not. You cant have it be safe for people that you agree with, but dangerous for people that you disagree with. Viruses dont work that way. The virus doesnt know or care why people are gathering together in large groups.
147) Feds classifying all coronavirus patient deaths as COVID-19 deaths, regardless of cause. The federal government is classifying the deaths of patients infected with the coronavirus as COVID-19 deaths, regardless of any underlying health issues that could have contributed to the loss of someones life.
148) World Health Organization: “If you are healthy, you only need to wear a mask if you are taking care of a person with COVID-19”
149) Reopening schools in Denmark did not worsen outbreak, data shows
150) One month later: top Israeli mathematician predicted COVID-19 peaks after 40 days with or without economic lockdowns – and he was right!
151) Baltimore fines church for holding services while thousands protest in the streets
152) Argentina pastor turns church into bar in protest at uneven coronavirus restrictions
153) More than 60 percent of both nursing home deaths and total COVID-19 deaths occurred in just seven blue states with about 20 percent of the U.S. population: New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, Pennsylvania, Massachusetts, Illinois, and Michigan. The governors in each of these states ignored federal guidelines and pursued some version of the policy of admitting infectious patients to nursing homes as soon as they were clinically stable.
154) MSNBC: Trump Fans ‘Super-Spreaders’ But BLM Protesters Show ‘Extraordinary Courage’
155) Water, power cut off and locks changed at Oxford gym that defied Massachusetts shutdown
156) James Woods: “Democrats were literally arresting Americans for opening their businesses, but now are silent as protesters burn them down. You were fined for worshipping in your church, but now cheered for marching in screaming crowds.”
157) Dr. Kelly Fradin: “I’m a pediatrician and I think we should reopen schools, even with the risk of coronavirus outbreaks”
158) Catholic priests, Orthodox Jews sue Cuomo, de Blasio over reopening plan: Blatant double-standard
159) Pennsylvania sues to stop car show over crowd size even after Governor Tom Wolf marched in Black Lives Matter protest two weeks earlier
160) An Ohio BBQ restaurant named Pennsylvania Governor Tom Wolf its “employee of the month” after business skyrocketed. Breakwall BBQ sits along Lake Erie near the Pennsylvania-Ohio border in a town called Conneaut. The BBQ joint tells Erie News Now theyve had hundreds of customers cross the border to eat at their restaurant as Erie County remains in the yellow phase of the states reopening process.
161) Citing protests, federal judge strikes down Cuomo and de Blasio lockdown orders for churches
A federal judge on Friday struck down orders issued by New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo and New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio that limit the size of church services.
The ruling, a preliminary injunction delivered by District Judge Gary Sharpe, notes that by endorsing protests for racial justice while simultaneously discouraging large gatherings in churches, both Cuomo and de Blasio undermined their claim that their lockdown orders were “generally applicable.”
“The State argues, in overly-simplistic fashion, that the challenged laws only incidentally impose a burden on religious exercise, and they are neutral and generally applicable, and therefore, only rational basis need be shown, which is self-evident: preventing the spread of COVID-19,” Sharpe wrote. “The State was silent with respect to the mass race protests.”
Sharpe added that de Blasio’s comments with regard to churches, as well as his attitude toward New York Jewish communities, made it difficult for the mayor to make a “legitimate” claim that he is not biased against people of faith while favoring protests.
“Governor Cuomo and Mayor de Blasio could have just as easily discouraged protests, short of condemning their message, in the name of public health and exercised discretion to suspend enforcement for public safety reasons instead of encouraging what they knew was a flagrant disregard of the outdoor limits and social distancing rules,” Sharpe wrote. “They could have also been silent. But by acting as they did, Governor Cuomo and Mayor de Blasio sent a clear message that mass protests are deserving of preferential treatment.”
De Blasio, in early June, said that allowing protests and allowing religious services were “not the same question.”
The ruling came after Catholic churches and Orthodox synagogues in upstate New York filed a suit earlier this month alleging that Cuomo’s executive orders violated their First Amendment rights.
Following Sharpe’s order, New York officials are no longer allowed to impose limits on indoor, in-person religious gatherings.
162) !! DANGER !!Test Shows Oxygen Levels Drop into the DANGER ZONE FIVE SECONDS After Putting on a Mask.
163) DC mayor tells residents to stay home for 4th of July, promotes Black Lives Matter gatherings
164) De Blasio, Cuomo are making children bear the worst of the lockdowns
Videos circulating on social media recently show New York City Parks employees welding shut a playground in the heart of Hasidic Williamsburg, Brooklyn. We have seen footage of the New York Police Department and NYC Parks Police in Boro Park shepherding Hasidic children out of a park and locking it shut behind them.
Meanwhile, tens of thousands are allowed to protest in Brooklyn, while a maskless Mayor Bill de Blasio poses for photo-ops, ignoring the social-distancing guidelines his administration ruthlessly enforces against Jewish children and families.
The hypocrisy is stunning and appalling.
Is it too much to ask for consistent leadership in the Big Apple? Is it too much to ask that our mayor enforce policies equally, across the board? Is it too much to ask that the mayor practice what he preaches or even set an example, instead of scurrying after the most popular position of the week, gung-ho about lockdowns two weeks ago and gung-ho about mass protests today?
And why are our children becoming the victims of this whiplash-inducing virtue-signaling?
If it were only the mayor taking dumb stances, perhaps we could chalk it up to de Blasio being de Blasio. But Gov. Andrew Cuomo isnt exactly the beacon of leadership that he projected at the outset of this crisis. On Friday, he took the confounding step of banning sleepaway camps in New York state this summer.
165) Selective social-distancing rules are one of the great scams in American life. Massive crowds are wonderful and healthful, if theyre woke. Otherwise, theyre life-threatening… Their metric for reopening wasnt the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention guidelines or any other public-health measure but the wokeness of the activity in question… Virtue-signaling is now an essential activity… To believe the leaders of Blue America, SARS-CoV-2 is the first virus in human history to have a social conscience – virulent enough in the ordinary course of events to justify the most restrictive social controls, but not such a big deal if it might get in the way of marches for social justice.
166) Slowing the coronavirus is speeding the spread of other diseases. Many mass immunization efforts worldwide were halted this spring to prevent spread of the virus at crowded inoculation sites. The consequences have been alarming… cargo flights with vaccine supplies were halted… Now, diphtheria is appearing in Pakistan, Bangladesh and Nepal. Cholera is in South Sudan, Cameroon, Mozambique, Yemen and Bangladesh. A mutated strain of poliovirus has been reported in more than 30 countries. And measles is flaring around the globe, including in Bangladesh, Brazil, Cambodia, Central African Republic, Iraq, Kazakhstan, Nepal, Nigeria and Uzbekistan.
167) Norway health chief: lockdown was not needed to tame Covid
#168 - it doesn’t matter, because our government masters won’t give us our freedom back.
an update of this excellent resource page:
Swiss Policy Research: Facts about Covid-19
Updated: June 2020
doing more harm than good is irrational and in the long run leads to destruction and misery
Wow. Great compilation. Thanks
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.