Skip to comments.This AI Can Create Software Based On Screenshots
Posted on 05/29/2017 7:36:44 PM PDT by 2ndDivisionVet
click here to read article
Depends on the RAD or CASE tool you use. Some actually generate very robust and efficient code. Granted, some generate crap that is bloated and very fragile, but some do not.
To everyone else, this is hardly a breakthrough. All that this thing does is generate the screens and controls. It does not do 95% of the programming as in what a button does or what a data element is and what to do with it. There are tools that will do 80% of the programming, leaving you 20% to write.
“The presentation layer is *not* a complete application system.”
So the theory here is that this “revolutionary” code-writing software could be fed a few screenshots from amazon.com and then it could output the entire amazon.com software?
i’ve written software for nearly 50 years now, and am still doing it, so i find these kinds of “breakthrough”, “revolutionary” miracle auto-coding systems nearly as amusing as “breakthrough”, “revolutionary” miracle battery “technology”.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.