Skip to comments.Colorado Sees Spike In Children Accidentally Eating Marijuana-Laced Foods
Posted on 05/28/2013 1:48:48 AM PDT by Ghost of Jesus Gil
A new study shows the relaxation of marijuana laws in Colorado has caused a significant spike in the number of young children treated for accidentally eating marijuana-laced cookies, candies, brownies and beverages.
(Excerpt) Read more at albanytribune.com ...
What the hell?? Choom gang voters.
“Accidently” my foot
It is being given to them on purpose I bet.
Ya Think! Show of hands who didn’t see this coming.
Also, the older kids know what is going on and they are getting into the cookie jar on purpose.
“Johnny, do you know what happened to the rest of mom and dad’s special diet brownies?”
Typical lack of foresight into unintended consequences.
Rocky Mount High......Colorado ...
No one has EVER OD on it.
Massive doses of dihydrogen monoxide are LETHAL. Not the cannanbush.
I suppose that the lawmakers are immune from the liability the follows their stupidity.
After all common sense would dictate that the lawmakers would instead focus on a safer alternative: Tetrahydrocannabinol (Marinol).
Again, public safety is secondary to these wretched people.
Are you saying that marijuana is physically harmful? Can you post your source to back up this claim please?
It’s so their souls can be ruined, the life sucked out of them, and turned into demon-spawned minions of satan.
or just poisoned and possibly killed for someone else’s peverse jollies.
>children treated for accidentally eating marijuana-laced cookies
What? Are they pumping the stomachs of these children after eating a cookie? Sounds like someone took reefer madness seriously.
BAN HIGH CAPACITY BAGGIES!
You must be joking!
Yes, when ingested by someone with no tolerance/exposure - like kids - they can often become violently ill. POISONED
What about the adults?
This is funny but bad.....
One of my employees brought pot laced brownies to the Christmas party. They were intended for the boys in the shop. Somehow my secretary got one.
She was preparing last minute export documents. The documents were gibberish. She could type at a very fast rate and did, paying no attention to what was on the page. Her brain and hands disconnected and the result was a mishmash.
I don’t remember if the task was completed or not...... it was Christmas
There has never been a single recorded case of a toxic reaction with any component of cannabis. Neither in humans or laboratory primates. There is no proven toxic dose (LD-50) because scientists could not kill a single monkey with it. Even when infusing the body with THC intravenously.
Some rabbits and mice (not monkeys) were killed but the equivalent dose in humans would be 3-5 lbs of dry cannabis in one sitting (more than a daily smoker would consume in a lifetime). There is also evidence that those animals were not killed by cannabis but instead by too much dilution in their blood.
Cannabis is probably the safest thing you can overconsume. You have more toxic plants in your spice cabinet. Eating too much tuna is toxic. Even water is toxic when overcsonsumed.
Why are these children being treated in the emergency room if it isn't harmful?
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.