Skip to comments.10 Observations (For your review) from a globe-trotting Freeper Jew.
Posted on 11/07/2012 4:34:44 AM PST by golux
1. Not long ago, big business was praised and only a select group of leftist radicals saw Americas businessmen the way Soviet propagandists (Eisenstein, Pudovkin, Alexandrov) painted them: as cigar-munching fat-cat high-hat capitalists with their boots in the faces of the Workers and Peasants. A presidency has now been won largely on mass internalization of this cartoon image.
2. In a time of record job-loss our citizens have decided to kill (soak, attack) the rich, yet I know of no American who has ever been hired by a poor man.
3. Business taxes are lower in Canada than they are here.
4. The number of talking heads and commentators who work for the mainstream and state-supported networks, and who are also homosexual, is staggering. Only a few are professionally out, however, and it is deemed in poor taste to speak on the subject.
5. Those who believe Obama will destroy Israel underestimate Israel. Israelis remember Carter, and watch him preen for peace prizes and avoid rabbits. (And rabbis.) Israelis know more about US politics than most Americans. Your average private in the Israeli Army has training which rivals that of any soldier in any nation on Earth, to say nothing of NCOs and officers. Israels pilots are perhaps without match. Avionics, computerization, adaptability and force readiness in Israel are without peer. Israel is a nation of soldiers. They look upon Barack Hussein Obama watch him bow to Saudi princes watch him publicly, repeatedly scoff and disrespect their Prime Minister with baffled bemusement. It is funny, said my friend Ori, that Kennedy would not bow to the Pope, but Obama bows to a handful of rich people from Saudi.
6. The worlds businessmen wonder why we should elect a President with such a murky past, and privately conclude we have race issues. After this, the conversation is over. Polite people do not like to embarrass other people, which is why the subject of Obama is somewhat taboo when speaking to Americans.
7. It is useful sometimes to see how others see us. Israel is focused like a laser on defending her borders. Language and culture not so much - Arabic is an OFFICIAL language in Israel - but borders, yes. They watch our Southern border and wish they had such luck: illegals that want - not to kill us - but to WORK! Wow.
8. Ask any business owner, large or small, in Europe, what they think about America. The United State (formerly States) of America is generally looked upon with a kind of grateful pity. Recent quotes from my friends in France, Greece and Italy:
A nation ruled by political correctness.
Now you need a Mexican President!
Yours is not the land of the free you are a socialist state in denial,
and always: Race problems.
They are always shocked to learn that the last state in the union to abolish slavery was New Jersey.
9. Recent articles in the New York Times praise the Egyptian vigilantes who are fighting a national tradition of groping, harassment, and on-street virginity tests of Egyptian women. Where was the New York Times in the decades of tradition? Where was the National Organization for Women and other womans rights groups? Naturally, as tens of thousands of women were raped, mutilated and murdered in the Middle East, over the last half century alone, NOW was more interested in killing unborn American girls.
10. An election is not a disease. It is a symptom.
"Big business" is -- and always has been -- synonymous with Big Government. This is a nation of crony capitalism where the path to financial success for American companies is to curry favor with elected officials and lobby them for legislative favors, mandates that put competitors at a disadvantage, or outright government handouts.
Israelis are dismayed that America does not look out for its national interest by appeassing the Soviets, oops, I mean the Russians, supply Jihadists with weapons to defeat a secular Ba’athist in Damascus, let her advanced drones be shot down, give the Iranians more and more time to go nuclear and let her diplomats be slaughtered without exacting a price. Israelis are not amused by America’s lapses in memory and ability to ignore threats until they are already upon her. Israelis also know that it is not funny that a superpower allow herself to be humiliated to the point of being a paper tiger. Israelis know they are dependent on the likes of Obama and that scares the living sh*t out of them. Obama says, “I’ve got your back” to AIPAC but we all know the truth that he has the Islamic Brotherhood’s back...
Last night people voted to put themselves in bondage to the Government.
Last night the people of this country threw away freedom for "freebies."
Last night, again, a man was elected who doesn't honor, love, or feel that our Constitution is relevant.
Last night America buried its Founding Fathers a second time.
Go back to Romney's one term as governor of Massachusetts. You can go through your post and change "country" and "America" to "state of Massachusetts," and everything you say would be 10)% accurate.
Romney lost because he simply didn't convince enough people that he was a credible alternative to a guy who probably doesn't even want the job anymore.
Moving to get my 1st cup of coffee, I think that everyone needs to stop and get quiet, and calm down, and study just exactly what was it that got Obama elected. THERE WERE A LOT OF PEOPLE, who actually trust their labor unions, and the collective bargaining idea, and don’t have confidence in themselves, or in innovative ideas. My great grandparents every year borrowed money from the bank to plant cotton, and corn in Caddo, Oklahoma. Finally the bank came and took it all away. She died in Ft. Sumner, New Mexico, a widow of 6 kids, no welfare, no social security with 320 acres, and $4,300 dollars in the bank. In 1936 this was a good chunk. My other grandparents went bank rupt in SE Colorado in the Dirty Thirities. They taught us in school NEVER to depend on gov’t. My dad refused to take FREE LUNCHES. During Lyndon B. Johnson he qualified for help, and he died and left money to all of his 6 kids. AMERICANS will need to come back and emphasise that perpetuity to our systems in adamant that the value of self government, and self reliant is in the DNA in the Washington Monument. So, I can’t blame Obama for finding the hunger and longing of the citizens who want a DAD, a provider, a protector to do for them what they are unwilling to do for themselves. Obama knew how to market to the needs of the U.S. Citizens, and until the Electorate wakes up, we’re burnt toast. I would like it too if Sara Palin announced her candidacy, and began to draw upon Ted Cruz as her Hispanic spokes person. Meanwhile, life’s experiences and our struggles will teach us all a lot. Early in 2012 I took a 60 day trip on the Greyhound Bus lines, an open ticket. I visited the larger cities, downtown and saw the filth, the decay, the hopelessness. America has a lot of problems, and getting nasty, and mad isn’t going to fix it. GET UP...brush yourself off, and give the Democrats lot’s of line, they will hang themselves. PAY DAY is coming, the banks want their loans paid, and there aren’t that many who are going to be paying taxes. Obama has his plate full. It’s going to be a lot of fun talk shows that will rip this government apart for the next 4 years. It will be a rough ride, but we’ll get through it.
“...and give the Democrats lots of line, they will hang themselves.”
That’d be fine, if they only hung themselves.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.