Skip to comments.ZOT! Add Your Flip-Flops To This List
Posted on 05/25/2004 12:13:15 AM PDT by novalogic
Bush opposed the McCain-Feingold bill in the 2000 GOP primary, tried to kill it in Congress, and then signed it when it passed. http://www.nationalreview.com/lowry/lowry022102.shtml
Bush is against a Homeland Security Department; then he's for it.
Bush is against a 9/11 commission; then he's for it.
Bush is against an Iraq WMD investigation; then he's for it.
Bush is against nation building; then he's for it.
Bush is against deficits; then he's for them.
Bush is for free trade; then he's for tariffs on steel; then he's against them again.
Bush is against the U.S. taking a role in the Israeli Palestinian conflict; then he pushes for a "road map" and a Palestinian State.
Bush is for states right to decide on gay marriage, then he is for changing the constitution. http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/02/25/elec04.prez.bush.marriage/
Bush first says he'll provide money for first responders (fire, police, emergency), then he doesn't. http://www.hillnews.com/news/032603/funds.aspx
Bush first says that 'help is on the way' to the military ... then he cuts benefits.} http://www.democrats.org/specialreports/veterans/health.html
Bush-"The most important thing is for us to find Osama bin Laden. Bush-"I don't know where he is. I have no idea and I really don't care.
Bush claims to be in favor of the environment and then secretly starts drilling on Padre Island.
Bush talks about helping education and increases mandates while cutting funding.
Bush claims to be for women's rights and then nominates judges who have tried to overturn Roe v. Wade. http://www.thenation.com/doc.mhtml?i=20000703&s=corn
Bush first says the U.S. won't negotiate with North Korea. Now he will.
Bush goes to Bob Jones University. Then say's he shouldn't have.
Bush said he would demand a U.N. Security Council vote on whether to sanction military action against Iraq. Later Bush announced he would not call for a vote
Bush said the "mission accomplished" banner was put up by the sailors. Bush later admits it was his advance team.
Bush was for fingerprinting and photographing Mexicans who enter the US. Bush after meeting with Pres. Fox, he's against it.
Bush says he's in favor of adding carbon dioxide as a regulated greenhouse gas. Then Bush said it would not be included.
Bush was against Nation Building. ooops Iraq.
Bush-"I'm a uniter, not a divider." Then divides.
Bush was against amnesty for illegal aliens. Now he's for it.
Bush was against Presidents doing an end run around Congress to pack the courts. Then he did it.
Bush said the war would cost $3 billion. Then he asked for 87 billion.
Bush We need to go to war with Iraq because their WMDs pose a direct threat to the United States. Bush- We needed to go to war with Iraq to free the Iraqi people.
Bush implemented No Child Left Behind, then underfunded it by $9 Billion"?
As governor of Texas, Bush opposed a strong patients' bill of rights that nevertheless passed over his veto. On the 2000 campaign trail, he tried to take credit for the law and implied he would support comparable legislation on the national level.
Bush proposed a temporary tax cut conditioned on the idea that the government could afford it without spending the Social Security surplus; then, when the surplus vanished, he supported a further tax cut. Now he wants his first cut made permanent.
By this I take it to mean you weren't a troll before you were one...?
novalogic aka DayTripper, reelbusy, CMClay flip flopped again.
Thanks Jim Robinson.
Criminy! Must be a full moon tonight...
My favorite flip-flop:
Bill Clinton (Jan. 98): "I did not have sexual relations with that woman..."
Bill Clinton (Aug 98): "All that stuff I said earlier, well, forget that, because I was lying ..."
Just another disgruntled life-long conservative Republican.
"I didn't leave the party, it left me." Waaaaah.
Allow me to sic the Kitty on him/her/it/whatever .... :)
10 TRUTHS BLACK AND LATIN PEOPLE KNOW, BUT WHITE PEOPLE WON'T ADMIT:
1. Elvis is dead.
2. Having your children curse you out in public is not normal.
3. Jesus was not White.
4. Skinny does not equal sexy.
5. A 5 year old child is too big for a stroller.
6. N' SYNC will never hold a candle to the Jackson 5.
7. Thomas Jefferson had black children.
8. An occasional BUTT whooping helps a child stay in line.
9. Kissing your pet is not cute.
10. Rap music is here to stay.
10 THINGS WHITE AND BLACK PEOPLE KNOW BUT LATIN PEOPLE DON'T ADMIT:
1. Chicken is food, not a roommate.
2. "Jump out and run" is not in any insurance policies.
3. Your country's flag is not a car decoration.
4. Hickey's are unattractive
5. Mami and Papi can't possibly be the nickname of every person in your family.
6. Buttoning just the top button of your shirt is a bad fashion statement.
7. 10 people to a car or home is considered too many.
8. Jesus is not a name for your son.
9. Maria is a name, but not for every other daughter.
10. Letting your children run wildly through the store can get your BUTT whooped or theirs.
10 TRUTHS WHITE AND LATIN PEOPLE KNOW, BUT BLACK PEOPLE WON'T ADMIT:
1. Tupac is dead.
2. Crown Royal bags are meant to be thrown away.
3. Having a ring on every finger is too much.
4. O.J. did it
5. Teeth should not be decorated.
6. Breaks are usually only 15 minutes.
7. Jesse Jackson will never be President.
8. RED is not a kool-aid flavor (it's a color).
9. Your rims and sound system should not be worth more than your car.
10. Your pastor doesn't know everything
Didn't have anything better to say. <|:-)~~
OK, I laughed.
Great! Will be packing Wednesday night. On the road Thursday morning. Can hardly wait!
Y'll drive carefully. Give one of us a call when you get in.
Will do. See you there.
We're looking forward to it.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.