Free Republic
Browse · Search
General/Chat
Topics · Post Article

To: HamiltonJay

Dear Mean Little Pete B*ttplug: Abraham Lincoln was not a veteran, neither was FDR.

I’d tell you to sh*ve your sanctimonious phony bullsh*t up your @ss, except you’d like it.

28 posted on 01/18/2020 7:42:09 PM PST by RooRoobird20 (“Democrats haven’t been this angry since Republicans freed the slaves.”)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 14 | View Replies ]

To: RooRoobird20

Some Military Presidents, particularly those who were generals, have shown success mainly (I believe) because they have learned how to work large bureaucracies and get them to bend to their will...

However simply having served has not shown any decernable benefit historically.

I agree that the CIC should respect and understand the cost associated with military actions.. however you don’t need to serve to appreciate that.

Bush II served.. should your typical voter say in retrospect that he was a great success as a President? Bush I? Etc...

Powder puff Pete, I originally thought he was using 2020 to build some name recognition and networking for a future run... but the more he panders the more it’s obvious he’s not ready for prime time.

If I had to handicap the 2024 D nominee i’d Say someone like a Manchinis the most likely candidate. D’s have gone off the deep end left and are going to get crushed this fall. Will need to moderate in 2024 or rush facing another 8 years of GOP White House ownership.

37 posted on 01/18/2020 7:57:05 PM PST by HamiltonJay
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 28 | View Replies ]

To: RooRoobird20

Abraham Lincoln was a veteran of the Black Hawk War.

57 posted on 01/18/2020 9:59:35 PM PST by Thunder 6
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 28 | View Replies ]

Free Republic
Browse · Search
General/Chat
Topics · Post Article

FreeRepublic, LLC, PO BOX 9771, FRESNO, CA 93794
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson