Free Republic
Browse · Search
General/Chat
Topics · Post Article

To: ransomnote; SkyPilot; nclaurel; aMorePerfectUnion
Where do you think that shortfall for the Tax Bill that slashed Corporate Tax cuts from 35% to 21% was "paid for"? Individuals and families.

I am bringing this over from the previous thread.

I'm not sure how to break this to you but corporations NEVER pay taxes. They only collect taxes. Stop for a moment and hear me out.

Corporate taxation is a scheme by the government to indirectly tax individuals. The ONLY sources of revenue for a corporation, any corporation, to pay taxes to the government are shareholders, and customers. There may be several removes in the chain of ownership but everything eventually comes back to individuals.

If you are a shareholder, you are paying the taxes through reduced share value/ dividends. If you are a customer you are paying more directly through higher prices for the goods and services you buy. Everyone has to pay for the expense of accounting for the taxes to be paid.

A truly honest and just system of taxation would be a flat sales tax and NOTHING else. This will never happen because there would be a lot fewer congresscritters/ legislator/ bureaucrats with jobs when the public saw what they really were paying for the government they were getting. On the other hand, the economy would skyrocket.

My undergraduate degree is in Economics and unlike AOC, I actually paid attention in class.

WWG1WGA

Garde la Foi, mes amis! Nous nous sommes les sauveurs de la République! Maintenant et Toujours!
(Keep the Faith, my friends! We are the saviors of the Republic! Now and Forever!)

LonePalm, le Républicain du verre cassé (The Broken Glass Republican)

392 posted on 03/17/2019 10:34:33 AM PDT by LonePalm (Commander and Chef)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies ]

To: LonePalm; ichabod1
You need to call malpractice on your economics degree if you missed the part about price elasticity of demand.

Because of this characteristic of free markets, only a fraction of corporate taxes, particularly changes in taxes, can be passed to the ultimate consumers of the products.

395 posted on 03/17/2019 10:40:21 AM PDT by Disestablishmentarian
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 392 | View Replies ]

To: LonePalm; ransomnote; SkyPilot; nclaurel; aMorePerfectUnion
***corporations NEVER pay taxes. They only collect taxes ... Corporate taxation is a scheme by the government to indirectly tax individuals. The ONLY sources of revenue for a corporation, any corporation, to pay taxes to the government are shareholders, and customers***

Great to see someone gets it! I have been explaining this for years to whomever will listen.

I used to have coffee with some retired FDR Democrats who would holler for Bill Clinton to stick it heavily to the greedy oil companies. I asked, 'From where do the oil companies get their money?' '...Uh...' 'They get it from you when you pump fuel into your vehicle.'

It should be obvious... A (govt) shell game! Failure of the education system I suppose.

470 posted on 03/17/2019 1:02:42 PM PDT by Bob Ireland (The Democrat Party is a criminal enterprise)

To: LonePalm

I’m not sure how to break this to you but corporations NEVER pay taxes. They only collect taxes. Stop for a moment and hear me out. ...snip...

My undergraduate degree is in Economics and unlike AOC, I actually paid attention in class.
**************************************************************************************
My undergraduate was Math, Chemistry, Physics. Graduate was Accounting and Finance. Most of my career in Banking and Certified Financial Planning-individuals and businesses.

I agree with all you said. If you visit the previous post, you’ll see that I tried to explain it during festival, and after numerous posts had to just disagree with the talking point and move on.

The illusion of the “shift” from Corporate to Individual to “pay” for the tax cuts is too strong in the brainwashed, and reinforced by Admin. officials who parrot the same thing.

872 posted on 03/17/2019 9:53:48 PM PDT by greeneyes

Free Republic
Browse · Search
General/Chat
Topics · Post Article

FreeRepublic, LLC, PO BOX 9771, FRESNO, CA 93794
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson