The problem is there are SO MANY places where fraud can happen.
Here are just a few:
1. People voting multiple times in different places.
2. People voting who are not eligible.
3. People voting for someone else. (This is one of the few that ID helps to combat.)
4. Ballots destroyed.
5. Ballots manufactured out of thin air. (Pre-made ballots for D candidate ready to deploy as needed.)
6. Ballot Counting fraud. (Human or machine)
7. Count reporting fraud. (Human or machine)
8. Count transmission fraud (human or machine)
9. Vote count aggregation fraud. (Human or machine)
10. Gerrymandering. (not “technically” fraud, but we all know how that works)
11. Census fraud. This is, IMO a HUGE one and often overlooked. The last census was done under 0vomit and could have given big D states even more electoral votes than they should have had.
Been meaning to look into this, electorals are based on how many house reps we have plus senators... so when they capped house reps at 435 in 1911... they screwed up the 12th amendment. Currently our electoral process should have almost 7000 votes instead of 538.