Free Republic
Browse · Search
General/Chat
Topics · Post Article

Skip to comments.

Did Obama Just Make an Assassination Reference?
news.yahoo.com ^ | January 1, 2013 | Elspeth Reev

Posted on 01/01/2013 2:27:02 AM PST by Berlin_Freeper

During an oddly jokey statement at the White House as the fiscal deadline bore down Monday afternoon, President Obama said, "I'm going to be president for the next four years. I hope." He was warning Republicans that, yes, they'd have to deal with him for a while. But it was, to be sure, a strange moment. Could he actually have been joking about assassination? About impeachment?

(Excerpt) Read more at news.yahoo.com ...

TOPICS: History
KEYWORDS:
Navigation: use the links below to view more comments.
first 1-5051-82 next last

1 posted on 01/01/2013 2:27:13 AM PST by Berlin_Freeper
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | View Replies]

To: Berlin_Freeper
No. It's just that saying “inshallah” is a bit too blatant.
2 posted on 01/01/2013 2:34:44 AM PST by Hugin ("Most times a man'll tell you his bad intentions, if you listen and let yourself hear."---Open Range)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

Yeah I heard that, too, while accidentally running across a statement by the Undocumented Kenyan.

Weird.

3 posted on 01/01/2013 2:36:27 AM PST by F15Eagle (1 John 5:4-5, 4:15, 5:13; John 3:17-18, 6:69, 11:25, 14:6, 20:31; Rom10:8-11; 1 Tim 2:5; Titus 3:4-5)

Comment #4 Removed by Moderator

To: Berlin_Freeper; Hugin

how strange is it to have someone from another country be president of yours.

I need to go put my socks on.

5 posted on 01/01/2013 2:38:17 AM PST by onona (Happy New Year !)

Somebody got the goods on Zero. And he knows it.

I think ALL politicians are compromised. Remember the FBI files fiasco?

6 posted on 01/01/2013 2:40:19 AM PST by djf (Conservative values help the poor. Liberal values help them STAY poor!!!)

To: Hugin; Berlin_Freeper; F15Eagle; Joe Boucher; onona

Benghazi scandal?

7 posted on 01/01/2013 2:40:39 AM PST by Arthur Wildfire! March (George Washington: [Government] is a dangerous servant and a terrible master.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 2 | View Replies]

He’s baiting. Arrogant POSOTUS is a master baitor and a master traitor.

8 posted on 01/01/2013 2:41:19 AM PST by PGalt

Comment #9 Removed by Moderator

All that golf, can the SS protect him from lightning?

10 posted on 01/01/2013 2:42:23 AM PST by Misterioso ( "Those who grant sympathy to guilt, grant none to innocence." - Ayn Rand)

To: Arthur Wildfire! March; djf

“Somebody got the goods on Zero. And he knows it.”

I’ve been wondering that, too. There’s obviously something very sketchy about his past with the Bill Ayers and Ayers parents, the SS registration card, the need to forge digital BC’s and fight paper delivery to courts, the dates and numbers out of sequence, etc.

It’s rather unsettling there doesn’t appear to be a significant America in end-times Bible prophecy. We can tell by Iran, etc. that we’re getting close (Ezekiel 38 is patently clear).

I’ve often wondered what might happen to the once-fine country I was born and raised in.

What this clown and his followers have wrought may just bring the country down if the truth comes out, whatever that may be.

America will be the laughingstock of the world. And with good reason.

Guess we’re gonna find out. Yikes.

11 posted on 01/01/2013 2:47:58 AM PST by F15Eagle (1 John 5:4-5, 4:15, 5:13; John 3:17-18, 6:69, 11:25, 14:6, 20:31; Rom10:8-11; 1 Tim 2:5; Titus 3:4-5)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 7 | View Replies]

To: Joe Boucher

Nobody better touch him. I couldn’t stand to see this worthless POS as a martyr. I want to upchuck when the libs talk of the Kennedy boys. Can you imagine what they’d do to this guy?

12 posted on 01/01/2013 2:50:16 AM PST by wolfpat (Not to know what has been transacted in former times is to be always a child. -- Cicero)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 4 | View Replies]

To: F15Eagle
I'm going crazy trying to hang on to viable hope.

Is Hillary the next Vince Foster?

The irony.

13 posted on 01/01/2013 2:51:03 AM PST by knarf (I say things that are true ... I have no proof ... but they're true)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 11 | View Replies]

If 0bama is talking suicide - couldn’t he be arrested for threatening the president?

The Secret Service should investigate and at least interrogate him.

14 posted on 01/01/2013 2:55:03 AM PST by Berlin_Freeper

To: knarf

Been wondering that about Hillary as well.

Just a lot of strange stuff these days. Like Breitbart saying in Feb(?) that he was gonna vet this guy like no other. Then drops dead early March 1. Then the assistant coroner drops dead a month or so after the autopsy.

The only woman in the Western World who knows significant details about this guy, his birth, his upbringing, his commie mommy, etc. drops dead two days before the election.

Now we have Benghazigate and a once-great general gets caught with his embedded (pun intended) reporter, totally compromised and unreliable, and now Hillary suddenly develops major medical problems.

It’s all just so, bizarre.

15 posted on 01/01/2013 2:58:43 AM PST by F15Eagle (1 John 5:4-5, 4:15, 5:13; John 3:17-18, 6:69, 11:25, 14:6, 20:31; Rom10:8-11; 1 Tim 2:5; Titus 3:4-5)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 13 | View Replies]

When HillBuzz was still a going concern, there was some information indicating that Obama might be HIV-positive or even have early-state AIDS. . .

16 posted on 01/01/2013 3:01:00 AM PST by Salgak (Acme Lasers presents: The Energizer Border. I **DARE** you to cross it. . . .)

In 2008, Ulsterman said that before the DNC Convention in Denver he looked near death and there was no way he was going out into the stadium. Of course he was hours late, which is something Adolf Hitler did. Anyways, within minutes he was ready to jump tall buildings and marched out to the styrofoam columns. I don’t know how much to believe Ulsterman. I give him credit.

Personally, I think Hillary will be gone within the 4 years. Obama....

17 posted on 01/01/2013 3:01:06 AM PST by castlegreyskull

0bama might have developed a split personality from total reliance of the teleprompter. One personality which is narcissistic and the other an inferiority complex with suicidal thoughts and tendencies.

18 posted on 01/01/2013 3:02:15 AM PST by Berlin_Freeper
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 14 | View Replies]

He’s been reading Orly Taitz’s latest court filings...

19 posted on 01/01/2013 3:03:24 AM PST by Yo-Yo (Is the /sarc tag really necessary?)

To: wolfpat

I think he wants to hold office more than 4 years, and the “i hope” odd comment was just him compensating for not speaking his true desires.

That, or he spent too much time at the peak elevation of the fiscal cliff, and he’s suffering from hypoxia, or even anoxia.

20 posted on 01/01/2013 3:04:08 AM PST by green pastures (Cynicism-- it's not just for breakfast anymore...)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 12 | View Replies]

To: PGalt
Arrogant POSOTUS

Nice one.

21 posted on 01/01/2013 3:08:18 AM PST by Yo-Yo (Is the /sarc tag really necessary?)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 8 | View Replies]

A President is not due to die in office until after the 2020 election. Unless the Mayan calendar reset everything to the year 0, last year. In which case ....

22 posted on 01/01/2013 3:13:57 AM PST by reg45 (Barack 0bama: Implementing class warfare by having no class.)

and now Hillary suddenly develops major medical problems. It’s all just so, bizarre.

Since I first learned that he voted for infanticide, I've believed that he has supernatural protection. And it's not the good kind.

23 posted on 01/01/2013 3:15:28 AM PST by St_Thomas_Aquinas
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 15 | View Replies]

What has become of “journalism” 101?

There’s no such thing as a “jokey statement”.

That would be a “joking statement”.

24 posted on 01/01/2013 3:21:37 AM PST by txrangerette

To: St_Thomas_Aquinas

God does not support a dualism of the issue that the devil has more power than God. Obama has been fortunate enough to have a media support his deceptive means, and he has powerful people in high places that support him.

lets not give the devil anything more than he already has. Obama is corrupt, but his arrognance and corruption will be his undoing.

25 posted on 01/01/2013 3:22:52 AM PST by hondact200 (Candor dat viribos alas (sincerity gives wings to strength) and Nil desperandum (never despair))
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 23 | View Replies]

I cannot disagree with you. The timing is too bizarre with events, etc. Reminds me of a movie scene (skip the ad and watch for about 1.5 minutes):

a fictional movie
26 posted on 01/01/2013 3:25:06 AM PST by F15Eagle (1 John 5:4-5, 4:15, 5:13; John 3:17-18, 6:69, 11:25, 14:6, 20:31; Rom10:8-11; 1 Tim 2:5; Titus 3:4-5)

To: hondact200

When the Antichrist does come, whomever he may be, Satan will give him full power and with all deception possible. Scripture is crystal-clear on these points.

http://www.biblegateway.com/quicksearch/?quicksearch=dragon+gave&qs_version=KJV

Revelation 13:2 KJV
And the beast which I saw was like unto a leopard, and his feet were as the feet of a bear, and his mouth as the mouth of a lion: and the dragon gave him his power, and his seat, and great authority.

Revelation 13:4 KJV
And they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him?

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=2%20Thessalonians%202:8-9&version=KJV

2 Thessalonians 2:8-9

King James Version (KJV)

8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:

9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,

Granted, this Satanic power only continues with the AC until he is destroyed at the Second Coming of Christ

27 posted on 01/01/2013 3:30:16 AM PST by F15Eagle (1 John 5:4-5, 4:15, 5:13; John 3:17-18, 6:69, 11:25, 14:6, 20:31; Rom10:8-11; 1 Tim 2:5; Titus 3:4-5)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 25 | View Replies]

“I’ve believed that he has supernatural protection. And it’s not the good kind”.

Well, the bad kind doesn’t last forever. The Eternal history books are going to be very interesting reading. Suppose there will be lots of I told you so’s.

28 posted on 01/01/2013 3:36:37 AM PST by wita

To: hondact200

-— God does not support a dualism of the issue that the devil has more power than God. -—

True. The devil only has the power that God allows, which He will use to bring about a greater good.

Several things have me discerning the demonic here. The first is that Obama is the most glib, unpunished liar that I have witnessed. Clinton ranks a distant second. Secondly, all the worldly powers have aligned behind him, from Hollywood to academia to the media. Third is the fact that he has voted and testified in favor of infanticide, without consequence. Finally, circumstances always break for him, from the passage of Obamacare to Roberts’ betrayal of the Constitution. It’s uncanny, but at this point, it’s predictable. Has his legislative will been thwarted yet?

I expect his undefeated record to continue for the remainder of his term. I hope I’m wrong.

29 posted on 01/01/2013 3:51:08 AM PST by St_Thomas_Aquinas
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 25 | View Replies]

Maybe Obama knows something we do not?

30 posted on 01/01/2013 4:04:47 AM PST by Forward the Light Brigade (Into the Jaws of H*ll)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 15 | View Replies]

To: Forward the Light Brigade

I would think that is axiomatic.

IOW, I think you’re spot on.

31 posted on 01/01/2013 4:07:50 AM PST by F15Eagle (1 John 5:4-5, 4:15, 5:13; John 3:17-18, 6:69, 11:25, 14:6, 20:31; Rom10:8-11; 1 Tim 2:5; Titus 3:4-5)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 30 | View Replies]

Just some speculative thoughts...I think America will go down several possible paths or perhaps combinations of such....

The rapture occurs and some 150 million plus Americans including a bunch of surprised godly Catholics just disappear leaving the country in a state of collapse as myriads of key people needed to run things are suddenly gone...henceforth the disappearance of America as a superpower....or America is mentioned as part of the seven utterances that the Apostle John(in the book of Revelation) is not allowed to record.

Or...our country collapses into several balkanized states or semi autonoumous regions that the rest of the world, so steeped in their own troubles, doesn’t even bother itself with, perhaps because of economic collapse or limited nuclear exchanges as a result of the Exekiel 37-38 scenarios. Certain regions that produce oil, gas or coal may fare better as some of the remaining world powers will have need of those resources( and Russia will also be so wounded from the Ezekiel scenarios that her ability to supply oil resources will be negatively impacted.) Some where in these timelines the rapture may occur, further weakening the American states.

Or America is mentioned obliquely in prophecy in ways that patriotic Americans would be horrified to realize and come to grips with; to watch as America with its unique abilities in the air, space, and sea becomes the lynchpin state of a dark empire that enslaves the world with the Antichristian BEAST system finally taking power via the American state in the final 7 years of the “times of the gentiles”.

Or America becomes despotic, in need of cash and resources, and it undergoes a series of empire building wars, annexing Canada and Mexico while becoming brutally tyrannical towards all of its citizenry. It becomes one of 10 economic zones finally ruled by the coming Beast system or perhaps becomes the power base of the “little horn” that rules the 10 horns.

32 posted on 01/01/2013 4:08:53 AM PST by mdmathis6 ("Barry" Xmas to all and have a rapaciously taxable New Year!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 11 | View Replies]

To: mdmathis6

I think those are all valid possibilities. See the other thread I posted on Israelis who want “peace with security”.

Exactly what the ESV Thessalonians reference says. There is also a link with a video showing several people saying it. Even Bush 43 said it.

33 posted on 01/01/2013 4:16:49 AM PST by F15Eagle (1 John 5:4-5, 4:15, 5:13; John 3:17-18, 6:69, 11:25, 14:6, 20:31; Rom10:8-11; 1 Tim 2:5; Titus 3:4-5)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 32 | View Replies]

Actually, in Obama’s case worldly powers have not been aligning with him so much as the world fears a wounded economically speaking America with nukes. They fear what might arise from America’s foray into despotism.

I fear not so much Obama but a Julius Caesar type that might arise after him that a ragged beaten impoverished population in great numbers will follow.

34 posted on 01/01/2013 4:17:28 AM PST by mdmathis6 ("Barry" Xmas to all and have a rapaciously taxable New Year!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 29 | View Replies]

He’s pulled a lot of “firsts” in his last four years.
Could it be that he gets fed up with ‘presidentin’ and decides to walk away? Has anyone ever done that?

35 posted on 01/01/2013 4:17:28 AM PST by SueRae (It isn't over. In God We Trust.)

Perhps, he is counting on the Pope job opening up.

36 posted on 01/01/2013 4:17:57 AM PST by Buddy Sorrell ( Boehner, our Vichy Speaker)

"I'm going to be president for the next four years. I hope."

Later he clarified: at least four more years, and maybe longer if things work out in his favor.

37 posted on 01/01/2013 4:19:45 AM PST by windsorknot

To: Salgak

Well, I did hear him cough a bit during his speech yesterday..and it was a smokers’ cough.

38 posted on 01/01/2013 4:21:12 AM PST by SueRae (It isn't over. In God We Trust.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 16 | View Replies]

It will not be impeachment.

The Congress hasn’t got the guts.

39 posted on 01/01/2013 4:22:19 AM PST by Venturer

To: Joe Boucher; wolfpat

I, too, don’t want a martyr. I want to see him perp-walked out of the White House.

What surprises me is that some foreign country hasn’t tried to take him out. Not all of them can have bought into the one-world government crap and if he takes us down, they ALL go down.

40 posted on 01/01/2013 4:23:23 AM PST by FrogMom (Chicken Little is coming, and he's right!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 4 | View Replies]

It would be horrible if he were assassinated. The last thing we need is for this evil creature to become a martyr. Several years dealing with obvious AIDS would be more appropriate. It would reveal to all the debase lifestyle he has led. Plus, his adoring black community would be repulsed, as they (allegedly) are very anti-homosexual. At least, they say they are; then there’s the whole “down-low” thing going on with the group, but that’s another story.

I do believe he has Satan protecting, influencing, and even perhaps possessing him to a great extent. This photo of him in Post #47 of the following thread shows the naked truth:

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/2972432/posts?page=50#50

Author Ann Rule, a true crime writer who knew Ted Bundy, has shown a picture of him in court where (she said) you could see the devil in his face. In this Hussein photo, what’s inside of Hussein comes through.

41 posted on 01/01/2013 4:32:43 AM PST by MayflowerMadam

Or an impeachment reference?

42 posted on 01/01/2013 4:36:56 AM PST by Salman

To: SueRae

“Well, I did hear him cough a bit during his speech yesterday..and it was a smokers’ coughs.”.....
you may have it....smoker, junk food addict, stress from the job, stress from the living lie...all add up to serious disease....

43 posted on 01/01/2013 4:47:07 AM PST by B212
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 38 | View Replies]

Well, it can't be a fear of impeachment on account of I heard a report this AM on WPIX 11 NY that an investigation revealed: No way could the President have gotten help to Benghazi in time to save anyone.
44 posted on 01/01/2013 5:11:39 AM PST by TalBlack (Evil doesn't have a day job.)

You are right , except:
‘circumstances always break for him, from the passage of Obamacare to Roberts’ betrayal of the Constitution’ -
circumstances always break for him only because he plays dirty and abuses his power to manipulate, control, threaten the players to go his way...

45 posted on 01/01/2013 5:20:26 AM PST by chrisnj
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 29 | View Replies]

Satan offering protection is a deception of Satan’s that a great many have bought into. Satan has power only in the stream of Time, which hosts only shadows and light.

46 posted on 01/01/2013 5:23:33 AM PST by TalBlack (Evil doesn't have a day job.)

or his ultimate desire comes true... the collapse of the US

he’s been heard to say he doesnt want to be president.... they just don’t realize it means the US is still standing if he is

47 posted on 01/01/2013 5:25:52 AM PST by sten (fighting tyranny never goes out of style)

From his mouth to God’s ears

48 posted on 01/01/2013 5:26:51 AM PST by jrg

To: chrisnj
circumstances always break for him only because he plays dirty and abuses his power to manipulate, control, threaten the players to go his way...

I think it's a case of both. The 'tell' for me is that he wins by a hair, time after time, by unpredictable breaks, like Roberts' sell-out and despite Scott Brown's senate seat win.

49 posted on 01/01/2013 5:33:56 AM PST by St_Thomas_Aquinas
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 45 | View Replies]

To: wolfpat

Maybe he’ll be struck by lightning on the golf course. He spends so much time there, the odds increase with each game. Then he wouldn’t be a martyr.

50 posted on 01/01/2013 5:36:39 AM PST by WashingtonSource
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 12 | View Replies]

Navigation: use the links below to view more comments.
first 1-5051-82 next last

Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.

Free Republic
Browse · Search
General/Chat
Topics · Post Article

FreeRepublic, LLC, PO BOX 9771, FRESNO, CA 93794
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson