Free Republic
Browse · Search
General/Chat
Topics · Post Article

Skip to comments.

Worst Movies Of All Time
RiffTrax ^

Posted on 12/28/2012 9:50:24 PM PST by chessplayer

The stars and writers of Mystery Science Theater 3000 have carried our bad movie passion/fixation/incurable mental condition forward at RiffTrax.com. You spend enough time with bad movies, you’re gonna wind up arguing over which ones are truly the worst. Rather than fight it out tooth-and-nail among ourselves, risking possible tooth injury or even nail damage, we put the question to our fans. A record-setting 500,000 votes later, we’ve got the list. RiffTrax's first annual Worst Movies of All Time list. This is it. No more fighting. Because nobody fights about lists on the internet, right? Right??

(Excerpt) Read more at rifftrax.com ...

TOPICS:
KEYWORDS:
Navigation: use the links below to view more comments.
first previous 1-5051-100101-150151-200201-236 next last
To: Slicksadick

The new battleship movie. 15 long minutes.
Tried twice to watch.

Ishtar.

Goonies (too much kids screaming, like being at chuckie cheese)

Annie (1981), because my little sister wouldn’t stop playing the tape.

51 posted on 12/28/2012 11:03:49 PM PST by Morris70
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 7 | View Replies]

To: Redcloak
I did enjoy "Battle Beyond the Stars." Good "beer and pretzels" movie. How about "Slumber Party Massacre II" and "Killer Clowns from Outer Space?" The first one, was interesting, there was a guy who had a drill at the end of his guitar wandering around. Those were fun to watch too plus being an 80's movie nut, they fit the bill.

BTW, who can forget the "Porky's" series, I enjoyed those as well.
52 posted on 12/28/2012 11:05:48 PM PST by Nowhere Man (Whitey, I miss you so much. Take care, pretty girl. (4-15-2001 - 10-12-2012))
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 49 | View Replies]

To: Salamander

Wasn’t the lady on the water the protagonists ex-wife, or wife, or something?

Perhaps that movie wasn’t bad, just forgettable. Because I think I have seen it, but I can’t bring it to mind.

53 posted on 12/28/2012 11:05:48 PM PST by KittenClaws (You may have to fight a battle more than once in order to win it." - Margaret Thatcher)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 36 | View Replies]

To: chessplayer
no “Reefer Madness” or “Glen or Glenda” ?

what kind of list is this ?

54 posted on 12/28/2012 11:08:20 PM PST by stylin19a (obama -> Fredo smart)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

To: KittenClaws

I dunno.

My eyes rolled back into my head about halfway through it.

For all I know, she was a friggin’ Kelpie.

;D

55 posted on 12/28/2012 11:10:27 PM PST by Salamander (Never go to bed mad. Stay up all night plotting revenge.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 53 | View Replies]

The absolute WORST movie ever filmed (and this is a target rich environment here) has to be . . . “Plan 9 From Outer Space”. There are scenes that are absolute howlers. One memorable scene is the cops searching a cemetery “at night” and a “cop” knocks over a cardboard tombstone.

Another has hero Gregory Wolcot and heroine Mona McKenna watching the alien craft land and they are looking in opposite directions.

No expense was spared on the movies’ special effects. In the last scene, the alien craft is trying to take off and make its getaway. The craft is on fire. The long shot of the craft looks like two paper pie plates stapled together, doused with lighter fluid, lit, and thrown in front of the camera — exactly what the film crew did.

56 posted on 12/28/2012 11:14:55 PM PST by MasterGunner01

Manos did not make the top 10? inexcusable.

57 posted on 12/28/2012 11:16:39 PM PST by Darth Tokarev (Liberalism: Using intellectualism to justify moral cowardice.)

The Wild Wild West

Hands down - the absolute worst movie in recent memory ...

58 posted on 12/28/2012 11:17:21 PM PST by Liberty Valance (Keep a simple manner for a happy life :o)

LOL! But really, the happening was much worse. Can you imagine such a thing?

59 posted on 12/28/2012 11:18:12 PM PST by KittenClaws (You may have to fight a battle more than once in order to win it." - Margaret Thatcher)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 55 | View Replies]

Every Stanley Kubrick movie I’ve seen so far.

60 posted on 12/28/2012 11:28:54 PM PST by CaptainK (...please make it stop. Shake a can of pennies at it.)

To: Slings and Arrows

TO #15. The character Howard the Duck was funny. Lea Thompson was hot. That’s the only reason anyone liked the movie, though Jeffrey Jones was a really good villain.

A nice diversion for a snow storm.

61 posted on 12/28/2012 11:38:55 PM PST by MadMax, the Grinning Reaper
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 15 | View Replies]

“The Village”

Within 10 minutes, I had figured out the whole movie.

It was badder than bad.

“The Happening” never happened, for me.

More’s the pity.

“Signs” was excellent.

And then he apparently just gave up.

62 posted on 12/28/2012 11:39:31 PM PST by Salamander (Never go to bed mad. Stay up all night plotting revenge.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 59 | View Replies]

Troll 2, although I am very partial to Starcrash, the star wars ripoff made by Italians back in the 70’s. David Hasslehoff battling cavemen in rubber masks with a light saber, a drunk Christopher Plummer beseeching the crew of his model spaceship to halt the flow of time, Caroline Munro in a skimpy outfit, a C3PO ripoff comic relief robot with a cowboy accent. It has some of the most unintentionally hilarious dialog and action sequences I’ve ever seen.

63 posted on 12/28/2012 11:41:52 PM PST by Orbiting_Rosie's_Head (argh)

To: AllAmericanGirl44

To #33: Re “The Cube”. A fascinatingly stupid movie but Nicole DeBoer was pretty good.

When I asked her about “Cube Two”, she said, “It sucks”.

Best review of it I ever heard.

“She’s cute” as a Trill.

64 posted on 12/28/2012 11:42:52 PM PST by MadMax, the Grinning Reaper
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 33 | View Replies]

‘Tokyo Zombies’ - yet I laughed all the way through.

65 posted on 12/28/2012 11:43:10 PM PST by svcw (Why is one cell on another planet considered life, and in the womb it is not.)

To: Olog-hai

The credits also mention a Custume (yes with a “U”) Designer.

66 posted on 12/28/2012 11:44:31 PM PST by ConservativeTeen (Proud Right Wing Extremist)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 27 | View Replies]

How can this list be considered definitive when it only contains ONE film by Ed Wood?

67 posted on 12/28/2012 11:46:09 PM PST by ZirconEncrustedTweezers (Some cultures are destined to remain stupid and we need to quit trying to uplift them.)

To: Lmo56

To #42, if I see Conrad Brooks next year, assuming he is still alive, I’ll tell him that someone actually liked Plan 9. Haven’t seen him in a year or more due to his illnesses, and he moved so I haven’t been able to reach him.

PS: Bella Lugosi was very sick during the filming so all they could do was to run old film clips of him from other movies to fill in his character.

Conrad knew the movie was crap and he’s had a ball talking about it for over 50 years. However, his stories about Ed Wood and Hollywood are great. One of the last of the old time Grade Z movie actors who never took himself too seriously.

We both came from Baltimore so we used to trade stories about the old days when it wasn’t a shithole.

PS: Have a great photo of him, myself and Paul LeMat from a memorabilia show in Maryland about 7 years ago. LeMat was a funny guy, and cool too. Turned out to be a good actor as he got older. Long live “American Graffitti”.

Coming to a theater soon: “Plan 9 From Outer Space (Chicago) II Obama’s Rise to Power”

68 posted on 12/28/2012 11:51:30 PM PST by MadMax, the Grinning Reaper
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 42 | View Replies]

To: Larry Lucido

Ishtar !

69 posted on 12/28/2012 11:57:00 PM PST by Squantos ( Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet ...)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 8 | View Replies]

Out of Africa.

Ghandi.

The World According to Garp.

70 posted on 12/28/2012 11:59:53 PM PST by SIDENET ("If that's your best, your best won't do." -Dee Snider)

Yeah, Birdemic. Awful in too many ways to list. I have a personal favorite, a little howler named Night Wars. The heroes gear up in the real world and go to sleep to blow away the bad guys in the Land of Nod. The Viet Cong bad guys are all Mexican extras whose necks break when the heroes pull their hair. The main character ducks behind a tree during a firefight, pops his mag to see what he has left, and there is a closeup of a crimped-end BLANK round. Just delicious...
71 posted on 12/29/2012 12:04:34 AM PST by Billthedrill

To: Lmo56

It certainly adds to the horror.

72 posted on 12/29/2012 12:08:42 AM PST by Slings and Arrows (You can't have IngSoc without an Emmanuel Goldstein.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 44 | View Replies]

To: Lancey Howard

I think I saw DSS when I was a hormone-crazed teenager. You can guess what I remember from it.

73 posted on 12/29/2012 12:10:58 AM PST by Slings and Arrows (You can't have IngSoc without an Emmanuel Goldstein.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 41 | View Replies]

To: MadMax, the Grinning Reaper

I’ve always been partial to hot chicks with guitars.

74 posted on 12/29/2012 12:12:32 AM PST by Slings and Arrows (You can't have IngSoc without an Emmanuel Goldstein.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 61 | View Replies]

Shyamalan gave up after SIGNS, because he thought The Last Airbender was better.

75 posted on 12/29/2012 12:14:47 AM PST by max americana (Make the world a better place by punching a liberal in the face)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 62 | View Replies]

To: Billthedrill

I have a movie script that a grip friend gave me of a movie that was made (don’t know if the scene stayed as is), where the cop hero was in a shootout in a hospital, and he grabbed his dead fellow cop’s revolver, and taped it side by side to his own automatic, to give him awesome firepower during the shootout, while he was firing from behind a water cooler.

76 posted on 12/29/2012 12:17:32 AM PST by ansel12
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 71 | View Replies]

Comment #77 Removed by Moderator

has anyone said ISHTAR?

78 posted on 12/29/2012 12:25:44 AM PST by latina4dubya ( self-proclaimed tequila snob)

Armageddon. Pure crap.

79 posted on 12/29/2012 12:32:43 AM PST by Windcatcher (Obama is a COMMUNIST and the MSM is his armband-wearing propaganda machine.)

To: Orbiting_Rosie's_Head

We should exempt the 1980’s just to make it interesting. There are so many cheesy flicks to choose from just from that decade...

80 posted on 12/29/2012 12:42:14 AM PST by Windcatcher (Obama is a COMMUNIST and the MSM is his armband-wearing propaganda machine.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 63 | View Replies]

To: Slicksadick
I liked Howard the Duck
81 posted on 12/29/2012 12:48:36 AM PST by Oztrich Boy (I think, therefore I am what I yam, and that's all I yam - Rene "Popeye" Descartes)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 7 | View Replies]

To: Oztrich Boy

Zapped, with Scott Baio was god awful.

82 posted on 12/29/2012 1:12:23 AM PST by EQAndyBuzz (You can't bring something to its knees that refuses to stand on its own)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 81 | View Replies]

Cabin Fever was terrible. I’ve never watched a movie that made me cringe so much.

83 posted on 12/29/2012 1:29:57 AM PST by Crucial (Tolerance at the expense of equal treatment is the path to tyranny.)

The Creeping Terror, a REALLY bad 1960's debacle. Made on a shoestring budget (supposedly by students), they lost the soundtrack and had to record the lines afterwards, so the movie switches from dialog to narration halfway through it. A masterpiece of cinematic awfulness.
84 posted on 12/29/2012 1:46:11 AM PST by Cincinatus (Omnia relinquit servare Rempublicam)

The Happening.

You must be speaking of the latest movie by that name. The one made in the 60’s, while not great, didn’t reach the level of worst ever

85 posted on 12/29/2012 2:08:26 AM PST by Figment
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 3 | View Replies]

To: Conservative4Ever

With you on that. Haven’t wasted my time on a single one of those

86 posted on 12/29/2012 2:12:41 AM PST by Figment
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 9 | View Replies]

It always amazes me that "Dr. T and the Women" never make this list. Then one day I figured it out. All of the people who have seen it (except me apparently) are part of a mass psychosis wherein they have all removed that 122 minutes from their collective memories.

When that movie ended I just wanted to punch everyone involved in the mouth till they had no teeth left.

There are many movies on this list you can at least watch and have fun making fun of them. Not so with "Dr. T". You just want to take your anger out on someone or something for wasting 2 hours and 2 minutes of your life!

87 posted on 12/29/2012 2:28:38 AM PST by Mad Dawgg (If you're going to deny my 1st Amendment rights then I must proceed to the 2nd one...)

My pals and I used to get drunk watching Buckaroo Banzai. Funny how no matter how plowed we got, the movie kept stinking.

88 posted on 12/29/2012 2:50:38 AM PST by 60Gunner (Fight with your head high, or crawl with your head low so you can dodge the bullets.)

“A Boy and His Dog” was it for me. Don Johnson and a telepathic dog. /shakes head

89 posted on 12/29/2012 3:12:43 AM PST by lwoodham (I am Andrew Breitbart. Don't doubt me on this.)

MST3K’s Santa Claus vs. the Martians, Santa Clause & Jack Frost were on my holiday rotation this year.

Both Cinematic Titanic & Rifftrax are carrying on their great work.

90 posted on 12/29/2012 3:27:30 AM PST by P.O.E. (Pray for America)

You forgot this stinker among stinkers...

New York City will never get over itself...

91 posted on 12/29/2012 3:53:48 AM PST by Timber Rattler (Just say NO! to RINOS and the GOP-E)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 38 | View Replies]

To: Orbiting_Rosie's_Head

OMG...Star Crash was actually on one of the cable channels a couple of months back....David Hasselhoff with a light saber....LMAO!!!!!!!

92 posted on 12/29/2012 4:01:17 AM PST by Timber Rattler (Just say NO! to RINOS and the GOP-E)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 63 | View Replies]

“Billy Jack Goes to Washington.” So bad it went straight to vault only to be released on video 25 years later.

93 posted on 12/29/2012 4:04:25 AM PST by PJ-Comix (Beware the Rip in the Space/Time Continuum)

To: Perdogg

Fun thread PING!

94 posted on 12/29/2012 4:06:38 AM PST by Timber Rattler (Just say NO! to RINOS and the GOP-E)

I don’t understand why Close Encounters of the Third Kind isn’t on the list:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yecJLI-GRuU

95 posted on 12/29/2012 4:07:15 AM PST by Fresh Wind (The last remnants of the Old Republic have been swept away.)

“Avatar,” AKA Dances With Smerfs, is my candidate for “Worst Movie.” It oozed with syrupy political correctness.

One hour into Avatar, I was expecting the Tele-Tubbies to appear. Ten minutes later, I wanted Ripley from Alien to fly by and nuke the place. If a 19th century US cavalryman entered a scene and said: “Ya turned injun, didn’t ya?” that would’ve been the fitting topping on this barf sandwich.

Ta-tonka crap from start to finish.

96 posted on 12/29/2012 4:08:02 AM PST by sergeantdave (The FBI has declared war on the Marine Corps)

Steven Spillburg’s “AI”. It was just horrible, awful, stinko. Three hours of big budget boredom on a stick.

97 posted on 12/29/2012 4:13:41 AM PST by circlecity

.? I really liked League.

But my list includes "Less Than Zero," "In the Bedroom," and, yrs, "Inception." At least the first two didn't spend hundreds of millions of dollars to suck.

I would also include the remake of "Total Recall" and the "Three Musketeers."

98 posted on 12/29/2012 4:13:52 AM PST by LS ('Castles made of sand, fall in the sea . . . eventually.' Hendrix)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 38 | View Replies]

I just realized I know someone who looks just like this guy. Same personality, too.

99 posted on 12/29/2012 4:14:04 AM PST by Fresh Wind (The last remnants of the Old Republic have been swept away.)

To: Liberty Valance
The Wild Wild West-Hands down - the absolute worst movie in recent memory ...

Maybe, but the steampunk people loved it.

100 posted on 12/29/2012 4:20:34 AM PST by Fresh Wind (The last remnants of the Old Republic have been swept away.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 58 | View Replies]

Navigation: use the links below to view more comments.
first previous 1-5051-100101-150151-200201-236 next last

Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.

Free Republic
Browse · Search
General/Chat
Topics · Post Article

FreeRepublic, LLC, PO BOX 9771, FRESNO, CA 93794
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson