Free Republic
Browse · Search
General/Chat
Topics · Post Article

Skip to comments.

Gun Frenzy: Photos Show How Quickly Stores Across the Nation Are Selling Out: “Lines Out the Door”
SHTF Plan ^ | 12/22/12 | Mac Slavo

Posted on 12/22/2012 3:22:13 PM PST by Kartographer

After nationwide calls to ban assault rifles and high-capacity magazines following the tragedy at Sandy Hook Elementary School, Americans concerned about the government’s coming move to restrict the sale, the transfer, the importation and the possession of firearms deemed too dangerous to be in the hands of private citizens are cleaning out gun stores from coast to coast.

While some retailers have made the decision to suspend sales and stop selling certain firearms altogether, others are seeing sales skyrocket to never before seen levels. Parking lots are packed and hopeful shoppers are waiting hours for their chance to get their hands on weapons, parts and magazines that may soon be banned under Federal mandates.

(Excerpt) Read more at shtfplan.com ...

TOPICS: Miscellaneous
KEYWORDS: 2012; banglist; youwillnotdisarmus
Navigation: use the links below to view more comments.
first previous 1-5051-100101-150151-157 next last
To: Eaker
My relatives include my daughter's family. And that's where it gets complicated. They came from Cambodia, the patriarch and matriarch on that side, and my son-in-law that was born in the US, and they seem to be related to about 2.374 million people. I quit counting after a while.

Yes, I will eat pho. No, I won't marry anyone's sister. Where's the siraccha?

Lots of military in that family. Some that fought against Pol Pot and have the scars to show for it, and some that wore our green and served in a more recent war.

We'll all have friends not present.

/johnny

101 posted on 12/22/2012 7:08:04 PM PST by JRandomFreeper (Gone Galt)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 96 | View Replies]

To: TADSLOS
Merry Christmas! I've already got a story picked out to read to my grandsons in front of the fire on Christmas day.

One thing about zip ties... the kids do sit still for a story. ;)

It'll be chaos as normal, and I'll love it.

/johnny

102 posted on 12/22/2012 7:17:17 PM PST by JRandomFreeper (Gone Galt)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 97 | View Replies]

My regret is selling my ‘72 Chevelle SS

Mine were a '57 Chevy wagon and '68 Torino GT. However, in my midlife crisis I eased the pain and suffering with a pair of Vettes, a Mercedes SL, a Jag XJ-12 and Mustang GT.

Merry Christmas to you and yours.

103 posted on 12/22/2012 7:20:42 PM PST by Alaska Wolf (Carry a Gun, It's a Lighter Burden Than Regret)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 99 | View Replies]

To: JRandomFreeper
One thing about zip ties... the kids do sit still for a story. ;)

That made me laugh!

104 posted on 12/22/2012 7:23:07 PM PST by Alaska Wolf (Carry a Gun, It's a Lighter Burden Than Regret)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 102 | View Replies]

To: Marcella
Older folks tend to have unregistered weapons from many years ago, right?

Now you've gone and reminded them. Next they'll demand all those be registered and if you're found with one that isn't then it's 5 years in the clink.

105 posted on 12/22/2012 7:23:43 PM PST by bgill (We've passed the point of no return. Welcome to Al Amerika.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 28 | View Replies]

To: Alaska Wolf
I've still got the 240Z that I had when the babies were bitty. 2 of their babies will be helping me put it back on the road after a harsh round of provocative preventative maintenance. Time does shuffle by pretty damn fast.

/johnny

106 posted on 12/22/2012 7:27:43 PM PST by JRandomFreeper (Gone Galt)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 103 | View Replies]

To: Marcella; JRandomFreeper
Did y'all hear about the cruise ship that is docked in Houston with the norovirus. The story was on the Austin Fox station at 10. The passengers were quarantined in their rooms for three days and the ship is being disinfected. If you haven't finished your shopping, then let it go or make a quick run tomorrow and wash your hands. Better yet, stay home.
107 posted on 12/22/2012 7:28:01 PM PST by bgill (We've passed the point of no return. Welcome to Al Amerika.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 28 | View Replies]

To: Joe 6-pack

“Dick Cheney: “Maybe we should limit the size of Magazines””

That’s too bad. I guess with the new heart, he’s not well and has become “mellow”.

108 posted on 12/22/2012 7:30:23 PM PST by Marcella (Prepping can save your life today. Going Galt is freedom.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 94 | View Replies]

To: bgill

“Now you’ve gone and reminded them. Next they’ll demand all those be registered and if you’re found with one that isn’t then it’s 5 years in the clink.”

Sorry I blew the old folks cover. I’m old folks, too, if you get my meaning.

109 posted on 12/22/2012 7:35:40 PM PST by Marcella (Prepping can save your life today. Going Galt is freedom.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 105 | View Replies]

Lol. Zip ties and duct tape...great stocking stuffers that can be put to good use immediately.

110 posted on 12/22/2012 7:37:34 PM PST by TADSLOS (I took extra credit at the School of Hard Knocks)

Duct tape helps keep the noise down.

/johnny

111 posted on 12/22/2012 7:37:38 PM PST by JRandomFreeper (Gone Galt)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 104 | View Replies]

So, what was Moses like when he was in swaddling clothes? ;)

Ducking, running and hiding. I think I need to practice piano right now....

/johnny

112 posted on 12/22/2012 7:41:07 PM PST by JRandomFreeper (Gone Galt)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 109 | View Replies]

My regret is selling my ‘72 Chevelle SS.

It could have been worse. It could have been a '70 Chevelle 454 LS6 with the F41 suspension option and a 12-bolt 4.10:1 "Posi-traction" rear end.

113 posted on 12/22/2012 7:42:29 PM PST by SVTCobra03 (You can never have enough friends, horsepower or ammunition.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 99 | View Replies]

To: Lockbar

I like the pictures because it shows those nutty gun grabbin’ conservatives aren’t rioting and having shoot outs but standing patiently in line. Don’t you know the msm is on the edge of their seats just waiting for the first hint of an incident so they can say “we told you so!”

114 posted on 12/22/2012 7:42:53 PM PST by bgill (We've passed the point of no return. Welcome to Al Amerika.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 58 | View Replies]

“Did y’all hear about the cruise ship that is docked in Houston with the norovirus. The story was on the Austin Fox station at 10. The passengers were quarantined in their rooms for three days and the ship is being disinfected. If you haven’t finished your shopping, then let it go or make a quick run tomorrow and wash your hands. Better yet, stay home.”

Thanks, I didn’t know that. I won’t be shopping. My son comes from England on Christmas Day and I’m waiting for him to get here before buying anything for him. In fact, I don’t have the tree up - he can help me do that as other relatives are coming a few days after Christmas but have to have the Christmas stuff up for them. We won’t go any where close to Houston but I always wash my hands when I get back from being in the filthy world out there.

I’ve bought the big ham and other food for the bunch, and he can help me do the rest.

115 posted on 12/22/2012 7:43:02 PM PST by Marcella (Prepping can save your life today. Going Galt is freedom.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 107 | View Replies]

I've still got the 240Z

The biggest problem I have with these "sports cars" is entering and exiting with my bad knees. Good luck putting the Z back on the road. I like the "classic" cars.

116 posted on 12/22/2012 7:49:04 PM PST by Alaska Wolf (Carry a Gun, It's a Lighter Burden Than Regret)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 106 | View Replies]

Let’s hope so.

And let’s hope the frog notices the “global warming” along the way!

117 posted on 12/22/2012 7:52:52 PM PST by MV=PY (The Magic Question: Who's paying for it)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 100 | View Replies]

If firearm xyz is found, there is a long and convoluted process that involves paper records to figure out who made it, who the brokers were, which gun shop wound up with it, and then, maybe, if you didn't lie on the 4472, they can tie it to a name.

I had the ATF knocking at my door for a private sale I had made four years ago. I bought the gun at a gun store.

They are always looking at the dealer 4473s.

118 posted on 12/22/2012 7:56:45 PM PST by VeniVidiVici (Bathhouse Barry wants YOU to bend over for another four years)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 42 | View Replies]

I don't have a problem with my arse dragging the ground, ride like a freight train, performance clutch that makes my left leg larger than my right or knee walking into the vehicle, because I try to stay in shape and flexible.

The problem I have is the fuel it eats. Start it? 2$. Drive it to Dallas? Fill up here, fill up there, fill up here again. That wasn't too bad when I was raising the bratlings, and could run an account at the local filling station... but today? I'm not getting rid of the bicycle.

/johnny

119 posted on 12/22/2012 8:05:41 PM PST by JRandomFreeper (Gone Galt)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 116 | View Replies]

To: VeniVidiVici; Marcella
Thank you for the correction. It is the 4473. I'm disnumeric.

/johnny

120 posted on 12/22/2012 8:07:25 PM PST by JRandomFreeper (Gone Galt)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 118 | View Replies]

I’m going to have to get out my chemistry set. This is BS, and we will always resist tyranny. The next four years are going to be Hell.

121 posted on 12/22/2012 8:10:40 PM PST by grumpygresh (Democrats delenda est; zero sera dans l'enfer bientot)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 101 | View Replies]

To: grumpygresh
The next four years are going to be Hell.

Nah... it's just going to be life. I lived through Johnson, the football player that wasn't actually elected (was his name Ford?), Carter, Bush 1 and Clinton.

This will be easier than Johnson and Carter, for sure.

Kings come, kings go. Presidents also.

Spring comes. The world becomes good again.

/johnny

122 posted on 12/22/2012 8:20:24 PM PST by JRandomFreeper (Gone Galt)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 121 | View Replies]

To: Kartographer

I was browsing at Cheaper Than Dirt and all of their bulk ammo for .223 and 5.56 is gone except for tracer rounds.

123 posted on 12/22/2012 9:01:49 PM PST by Sawdring
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

To: Kartographer
I am finishing up a custom built AR-15 that all of the major components are Spikes Tactical. I have got about $1600 invested in it and Wednesday the local parts dealer offered me $3000 for it, today when I stopped by he upped the offer to $4500. Prices for used magazines went up 250% in 16 hours at the pawn shop/gun smith I use.

I can tell you I will voluntarily hand over that rifle.

Molon Labe

124 posted on 12/22/2012 9:08:11 PM PST by SledgeCS (Good Men Died. Obama Lied. Impeach the LYING COWARD!!!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

To: SledgeCS
Opps missed the Not in I will voluntarily hand over that rifle.

Lack of sleep.

125 posted on 12/22/2012 9:09:25 PM PST by SledgeCS (Good Men Died. Obama Lied. Impeach the LYING COWARD!!!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 124 | View Replies]

My local PD has about 20 officers. They aren’t going to collect any firearms, they want to go home, and they have personal firearms of their own.

They will just say any law enforcement can keep private guns...

126 posted on 12/23/2012 4:12:34 AM PST by GraceG
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 16 | View Replies]

To: Domandred

I can neither confirm nor deny that in the last week I may or may not have purchased $4000 worth of new firearms

...and then promptly lost them off the side of my boat.

Then they will send the EPA after you for littering...

127 posted on 12/23/2012 4:12:56 AM PST by GraceG
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 37 | View Replies]

To: Cheerio
you don't think the brown shirts will be out in force?

Criminalize them first if this goes that far. Report the homes of every
damn Obama voter you know of right off the bat. See how they like the
police state first hand. I plan on playing very dirty if it comes down to it.

I expect mass chaos in the streets with reports of police being gunned down every day
from breaking down doors. And dead grandmothers in recliners, and their little dogs too.

The law breaking from a gun grab will be any Fed/City/State employee who trys to enforce it.

128 posted on 12/23/2012 4:35:49 AM PST by MaxMax (Gun free zones was the invitation to gun bans)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 4 | View Replies]

To: GraceG
We already have a law in Connecticut: Massacre Puts Spotlight On Law To Seize Guns From Mentally Unstable

Unevenly enforced; no one sure if it would have stopped Lanza; Nutmeggers await more knee-jerk laws from Hartford. Geesh.

129 posted on 12/23/2012 4:36:02 AM PST by Daffynition (Self-respect: the secure feeling that no one, as yet, is suspicious. ~ HLM)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 126 | View Replies]

To: VeniVidiVici
They already *raided* [aka harassed] Riverview re: the Lanza gun.

ATF Raids Gun Shop Where CT Shooter’s Mother Bought Gun Used in Massacre

I like the folks at Riverview; I trade there.

130 posted on 12/23/2012 4:44:15 AM PST by Daffynition (Self-respect: the secure feeling that no one, as yet, is suspicious. ~ HLM)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 118 | View Replies]

To: JRandomFreeper; Alaska Wolf
Men and zip-ties. Heh.

131 posted on 12/23/2012 4:53:20 AM PST by Daffynition (Self-respect: the secure feeling that no one, as yet, is suspicious. ~ HLM)

Nailed it. It’s time to stop cowering.

132 posted on 12/23/2012 4:59:53 AM PST by Obadiah
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 44 | View Replies]

To: tbw2

My how convenient of them! We are in Stalin’s Russia all over again. God have mercy on us all.

133 posted on 12/23/2012 5:00:18 AM PST by MachIV
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 68 | View Replies]

I heard that comment as well and was saddened by the cave-in, although even some firearms manufacturers have held this position in the past. For years, it was nearly if not completely impossible to get magazines greater than 10 round capacity for Ruger Mini-14 and perhaps Mini-30 rifles because Bill Ruger didn’t think it was appropriate. After he passed away, that all changed.

134 posted on 12/23/2012 5:08:54 AM PST by MachIV
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 108 | View Replies]

To: SledgeCS; Chipper

Chipper meet fellow FReeper SledgeCS.

SledgeCS meet fellow FReeper Chipper.

I believe Chipper has a couple of questions and advice to ask of you SledgeCS.

135 posted on 12/23/2012 5:17:20 AM PST by Kartographer ("We mutually pledge to each other our lives, our fortunes and our sacred honor.")
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 124 | View Replies]

My regret is selling a 1965 Fender Bassman Ten and a 1974 Gibson Les Paul Deluxe. Oh, and a 1963 Selmer Mark VI alto sax, that one hurts. Guess we all have regrets...

136 posted on 12/23/2012 6:03:01 AM PST by ez (When you're a hammer, everything looks like a nail.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 103 | View Replies]

To: Marcella; Eaker; Domandred; Kartographer; blam; The Duke; WakeUpAndVote; JRandomFreeper; ...
Thanks goodness I don’t have a boating accident story to irritate you. I had a water leak in my house and my gun went down the drain with the water.

Oh, that tragic house fire...

All that ammunition started cooking off. The firemen couldn't get close enough to fight the blaze. Total loss.

Tragic, I tell you, tragic... (sniffle)

137 posted on 12/23/2012 7:56:10 AM PST by Old Sarge (We are officially over the precipice, we just havent struck the ground yet...)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 50 | View Replies]

To: Daffynition
LOL! We call that a field expedient repair, return to depot for proper maintenance as soon as possible. ;)

/johnny

138 posted on 12/23/2012 8:00:33 AM PST by JRandomFreeper (Gone Galt)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 131 | View Replies]

Did y'all hear about the cruise ship that is docked in Houston with the norovirus.

Aw, crappage, now I'm off to my research links...

139 posted on 12/23/2012 8:11:03 AM PST by Old Sarge (We are officially over the precipice, we just havent struck the ground yet...)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 107 | View Replies]

To: JRandomFreeper; Eaker
Can y’all cool it with the boating accident crap?

It is as as lame as it gets, I wish it would stop, but it is posted on EVERY thread about guns.

I don't care if they know I have guns, other than a few I've sold over the years I still have 'em. Well, other than the pile of them I melted down to build my cannon.

140 posted on 12/23/2012 8:23:19 AM PST by DeepInTheHeartOfTexas
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 55 | View Replies]

To: MachIV

In the movie: “The Patriot”, wasn’t it Brit. Gen. Cornwallis the one who referred to the captive rebels as-”criminals”? I’d read before that they had a list of rebel leaders they wanted to get a hold of in order to have them hanged, I know. They had to catch them first; and of course, they never got a lot of them!

141 posted on 12/23/2012 8:28:19 AM PST by dsutah
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 40 | View Replies]

To: Old Sarge

“Oh, that tragic house fire...”

That’s what happens when you don’t lose them off your boat into the water.

142 posted on 12/23/2012 8:46:03 AM PST by Marcella (Prepping can save your life today. Going Galt is freedom.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 137 | View Replies]

To: Psalm 73
Right in time too, not one second longer than His perfect purpose requires. I have to add that anytime is alright by me, Dear Lord Jesus.

I read the convoluted timeline and distorted storyline about Adam Lanza and the Conn. shootings, there's something very fishy going on there. I don't doubt direct covert action ID'ed Mother Lanza as a gun shooting Prepper. The next part was easy, kill Nancy at her home and drive over to Sandy Hook where there were innocent targets aplenty. A man with a black rifle and disguise shoots the innocents and the 'brave' union teachers. Toss and kill geek boy on the pile.

All in a days work for the boy's that brought you Fast & Furious!

143 posted on 12/23/2012 9:01:27 AM PST by STD (“Cogito, ergo armatum sum)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 88 | View Replies]

To: Old Sarge; Marcella; Eaker; Domandred; blam; The Duke; WakeUpAndVote; JRandomFreeper

Well I hate to disappoint all of you as I have no sad story to add about how I loss my guns, BUT I have a GLAD story of what happened to my guns. I followed the example of that stalwart Citizen the champion of Truth and Justice, yes I am talking about our own AG Eric H. Holder Jr. and donated mine to Mexican Relief! It warmed my heart to know that my weapons are now in the hands of the Mexican Cartels who need them so much! I only wish I had more so that I could donate them to Holders downtrodden people! Who are in such disparate need especially in the inner cities!

I urge you all to think of making your own tax deductible donations! Well I think they are tax deductible?? May be you should call the IRS first....or ATF??? ;-)

144 posted on 12/23/2012 9:21:17 AM PST by Kartographer ("We mutually pledge to each other our lives, our fortunes and our sacred honor.")
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 137 | View Replies]

To: Kartographer; Old Sarge

“...donated mine to Mexican Relief...”

Gee, Kart, you could have offered to sell them to those of us who lost guns from boat accidents, water leaks, and house fires. I guess you thought the Mexican killers were more needy. :o)

145 posted on 12/23/2012 10:08:41 AM PST by Marcella (Prepping can save your life today. Going Galt is freedom.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 144 | View Replies]

Would you have believed in 2007, the year before Hussein was elected, that we would actually be discussing the feds taking away our guns? I think, in 2007, we would never have believed this possibility could happen.
Just think of George Bush and Cheney saying we have to give up our guns or even one particular gun or one type clip/magazine. No way would they have allowed this to happen. I can see Cheney in full charge getting rid of that idea.

The idea of taking our guns makes me want to buy some more just to spit in their eye.

Actually, yes I could have imagined it, but would have rated it as not too likely, barring unforseen circumstances. The UN and other International groups have long salivated in anticipation of confiscating guns in the USA, so I often have this concern dwelling in the back of my mind.

Bush had some good qualities, but unfortunately, he also leaned toward a New World Order/globalism. He would not have been re-elected if he messed with the 2cnd amendment, and he knew it, and I wasn’t particularyly concerned.

Newtown is likely to be a game changer, and it is too early to see how it will play out.

I fully expect the USA to face confiscation at some point in our future regardless of party. It is just a question of when not if.

More likely with a Democrat, but a liberal Pubbie is almost as likely.

146 posted on 12/23/2012 10:12:49 AM PST by greeneyes (Moderation in defense of your country is NO virtue. Let Freedom Ring.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 71 | View Replies]

To: MinorityRepublican

If the people behind the windows wanted, none of those in the picture would have walked away.

147 posted on 12/23/2012 10:21:08 AM PST by going hot (Happiness is a momma deuce)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 57 | View Replies]

My county is that rare species: Conservative Democrats, and a few Republicans. The people are a majority socially and fiscally conservative bunch.

We are one of the poorest counties in Missouri. Mining was the big industry-it is gone and hasn't been replaced. Many people work for a Union about 75 miles away in St. Louis, and their parents were Democrats.

Most will not vote for anyone that they think will take away their guns. Many of the kids and teachers get the flu during deer season. Some of those are lucky enough to have some fresh venison. I guess a deer just wandered across their back yard while they were recuperating.LOL.

148 posted on 12/23/2012 10:26:50 AM PST by greeneyes (Moderation in defense of your country is NO virtue. Let Freedom Ring.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 80 | View Replies]

Every gun you buy at a gun store now comes with a sales receipt and a background check telling the authorities who you are what you bought and what to look for when they come to grab those guns.
I have been doing a little research on the subject. If I understand it correctly, that applies to Federally Licensed Gun Dealers-not private Gun dealers.

It also depends on state laws.

Unless things have changed, our state does not require:
permit
registration
licensing
permit to carry
For rifles and shotguns.

For handguns-same thing except, do need a permit for concealed carry.

You do have to be careful about intoxication. Strict laws about being intoxicated and having a gun. Also felons who buy guns are breaking the law.

If you decide to get a concealed carry permit, then you are on the radar, cause you have to pass a background check.

149 posted on 12/23/2012 10:45:24 AM PST by greeneyes (Moderation in defense of your country is NO virtue. Let Freedom Ring.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 5 | View Replies]

To: greeneyes
It also depends on state laws.

Yes, in my state no permit is required for either open or concealed carry.

150 posted on 12/23/2012 11:12:03 AM PST by Alaska Wolf (Carry a Gun, It's a Lighter Burden Than Regret)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 149 | View Replies]

Navigation: use the links below to view more comments.
first previous 1-5051-100101-150151-157 next last

Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.

Free Republic
Browse · Search
General/Chat
Topics · Post Article

FreeRepublic, LLC, PO BOX 9771, FRESNO, CA 93794
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson