Now the cursor jumps when I type. Not me touching the pad, it just jumps randomly.
Anyone ever see this? solutions?
I don’t know what causes it, but this happens on both my laptops. It’s maddening, especially when typing emails and Word doc. If you find out, let me know too.
The Cursor is just excited that you broke down and updated the system. He’ll stop in a few days.
Is it possible that your J-stick was previously disabled and one of the updates was a new driver for that device and reawakened it?
My neighbor was seeing the cursor jumping all over the place too.
I told him to throw away the first quart that came out of the still.
“updates my OS IE7 on laptop with the 53 updates”
I think you mean Windows 7.
The updates caused Win7 to do what it was originally intended to do, which is scan the touchpad more often to detect multi-finger gestures. Since it wasn’t enabled right in the core OS, a lot of laptop manufacturers upped the sensitivity of the touchpad to compensate. The touchpad is detecting the palms of your hands above the pad.
Most likely, if you go to windows update, there is now an optional update for your touchpad which should control this issue. Myself, I love touchfreeze, and highly recommend it.
I have the Windows 7 OS on my desktop, and use the Firefox browser, but yes, I’ve had that same weird cursor jumping thing happen to me too.
I simply re-booted the computer, then ran CCleaner and Malwarebytes, and it stopped.
Ghostcats. Happens when they chase dustbunnies.
Howdy craputer slave.
1. When U unwrap yer new craputer, U must format Ze DRIVE. (Used craputer should be lobotomized as well ,if OS is from retail outlet)
2. Install win XP SP3, update once ONLY. (If U must use WIN7 so be it, but refer to item 1. (Get a OS disk off Ebay don’t be tightwad)
3. Download all drivers for yer craputer off line.
4. Install drivers (Do not update or update as needed only)
5. Install Malwarebytes Paid version ($20 year) Don’t be tightwad.
6. No extra toolbars of any kind EVER.
7. Use yer craputer.
Note: Win XP will live forever, because BIG CORPORATIONS will use it. Microsofticus will support it till 2014.
Why do you worry about what your cursor is doing while you are typing? Does it jump around when you are trying to click on something? That would be a problem