Free Republic
Browse · Search
General/Chat
Topics · Post Article

To: AlmaKing

Good.

The state and local police are becoming WAY too militarized!

Just last week in Concord NH, We saw what we thought was a national guard unit arresting a guy in a Dunkin Donuts parking lot.

A U-Haul box truck pulled up behind a red late model car, and all these soldiers poured out the back, maybe 16 of them, with M16s, Beretta sidearms, camouflage battle gear, flak vests, kevlar helmets, the whole nine yards.

When we remembered that only the governor or president could call out the National Guard, we realized that it was state or local police.

I’ve been to Russia and Brazil, where they have “military police”, and have NEVER seen anything like that.

A guy in Litchfield was shot to death by a SWAT team when he was out in his yard target practicing.

Another guy, bipolar and off his meds, was shot to death in Winchester when he made “threatening motions” with a knife. His wife had called the cops, but she never dreamed that they would kill him.

I hope they have to sell some of that military gear to have enough money to buy donuts.

The police are WAY too militarized.

7 posted on 08/01/2012 6:42:45 PM PDT by Westbrook (Children do not divide your love, they multiply it.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies ]

To: Westbrook

I agree that they are way too militarized. Our local department in Goffstown is well armed with AR-15s, and thery claim we have a huge drug problem when the crime rates here are actually just about 0 for every category.

TO add to that, I’ve driven through town every day for the past 3 years and see the same 3 police vans and 5 cruisers sitting at the court house next to the state prison. New, unused vehicles sitting there is just a waste of our money.

8 posted on 08/01/2012 6:48:55 PM PDT by AlmaKing
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 7 | View Replies ]

Free Republic
Browse · Search
General/Chat
Topics · Post Article

FreeRepublic, LLC, PO BOX 9771, FRESNO, CA 93794
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson