Free Republic
Browse · Search
General/Chat
Topics · Post Article

To: Mad Dawgg

I love learning about the history of the Titanic. I liked the movie because of that. DiCaprio’s acting in the movie was pitiful, I thought. And the love story itself didn’t flow well between DiCaprio and Winslett. I didn’t believe it. And in a good movie you forget that they are acting and you simply fall into the story. That never happened for me.

Some movies I just don’t find him believable in, because of his boyish looks. Other films he pulls off with more skill. I don’t really understand why people think he is so accomplished because I don’t see it.

It reminds me of an interview I saw of Lauren Bacall. This would have been about ten years ago or more. She said that there are only a handful of male actors that are of the quality of Humphrey Bogart in America. At first I didn’t believe her when she said that. I thought of all of the actors that I thought were good. And then upon reflecting more I realized that she was right.

She only named two accomplished male actors... DeNiro and Pacino.

73 posted on 04/15/2012 10:43:14 PM PDT by Pan_Yans Wife ("For the sake of our party we must stand united, whoever our nominee is."-Sarah Palin)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 68 | View Replies ]

To: Pan_Yans Wife
"Other films he pulls off with more skill."

The Aviator and J. Edgar are astonishingly good (when viewed in terms of what Modern Hollywood puts out and I am talking the Big Budget stuff where its all fluff and effects) DiCaprio really nailed Hughes and Hoover in those movies.

74 posted on 04/15/2012 10:51:05 PM PDT by Mad Dawgg (If you're going to deny my 1st Amendment rights then I must proceed to the 2nd one...)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 73 | View Replies ]

To: Pan_Yans Wife
"And the love story itself didn’t flow well between DiCaprio and Winslett."

I think the problem was at the time DiCaprio had the body of a ten year old girl. He just didn't fit the part of a leading man in a Love Story.

75 posted on 04/15/2012 10:55:09 PM PDT by Mad Dawgg (If you're going to deny my 1st Amendment rights then I must proceed to the 2nd one...)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 73 | View Replies ]

Free Republic
Browse · Search
General/Chat
Topics · Post Article

FreeRepublic, LLC, PO BOX 9771, FRESNO, CA 93794
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson