Free Republic
Browse · Search
General/Chat
Topics · Post Article

To: Lancey Howard

He made millions on Titanic because every fifteen year-old girl in America went to the movie to gush all over DiCaprio. And then she went back with three of her friends and watched it three or four more times.

It wasn’t the entire country that loved the movie. Just the ninth-grade.

64 posted on 04/15/2012 10:04:49 PM PDT by Pan_Yans Wife ("For the sake of our party we must stand united, whoever our nominee is."-Sarah Palin)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 63 | View Replies ]

To: Pan_Yans Wife
It wasn’t the entire country that loved the movie. Just the ninth-grade.

And, apparently, the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.

65 posted on 04/15/2012 10:09:08 PM PDT by Lancey Howard
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 64 | View Replies ]

To: Pan_Yans Wife
"He made millions on Titanic because every fifteen year-old girl in America went to the movie to gush all over DiCaprio."

I loved the Movie being a long time Titanic Buff. But I watched it for all the awesome interior shots that the Director took great pains to get accurate. However when I went to see it at the theater I stood and cheered when DiCaprio's blue face slipped beneath the waves. My wife was embarrassed and slugged me but I got a lot of fist pumps from the other Males in the theater.

Of course DiCaprio's later Movies like The Aviator and J. Edgar are well done and I give him his due for those.

68 posted on 04/15/2012 10:29:24 PM PDT by Mad Dawgg (If you're going to deny my 1st Amendment rights then I must proceed to the 2nd one...)

To: Pan_Yans Wife; Lancey Howard

I consider myself an amateur movie critic and was excited when I heard about Titanic being made and even more excited when the positive reviews came in-—I was really looking forward to seeing it. What a disappointment!

1. For such an historic event the filmmakers decided to focus on this sappy love story?

2. Kate + Leo = Zero Chemistry. She was too old and harsh-looking, totally miscast.

3. Gloria Stuart-I found her unappealing on the screen with her wart and cringed when she appeared. Face it, movies are for attractive people. She wasn’t.

4. Please tell me why the security guy handcuffed Leo to the pole and left him to die? He was a pest. Most people wouldn’t be that cold-hearted in this situation.

5. The stereotyping—of course all Irish people love to sing, play fiddles, drink, and dance after they have worked 12 hours of hard labor shoveling coal.

6. Of course all flabby women LOVE to take their tops off for total strangers. And better yet, women LOVE to throw beautiful expensive jewelry overboard. Even Princess Diana kept Charles’s engagement ring after their divorce. Very preposterous, obviously Jim Cameron’s take on women.

And the list goes on and on and on.....

83 posted on 04/16/2012 12:37:28 AM PDT by dupree

Free Republic
Browse · Search
General/Chat
Topics · Post Article

FreeRepublic, LLC, PO BOX 9771, FRESNO, CA 93794
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson