Skip to comments.Top 11 "Only in America" Observations- by a Canadian
Posted on 02/01/2013 10:59:10 AM PST by silverleaf
TOP-11 ONLY IN AMERICA OBSERVATIONS BY A CANADIAN*
1) Only in America could the rich people - who pay 86% of all income taxes - be accused of not paying their fair share by people who dont pay any income taxes at all.
2) Only in America could people claim that the government still discriminates against black Americans when they have a black President, a black Attorney General, and roughly 18% of the federal workforce is black while only 12% of the population is black
3) Only in America could they have had the two people most responsible for our tax code, Timothy Geithner, the head of the TreasuryDepartment and Charles Rangel who once ran the Ways and Means Committee, BOTH turn out to be tax cheats who are in favor of higher taxes.
4) Only in America can they have terrorists kill people in the name of Allah and have the media primarily react by fretting that Muslims might be harmed by the backlash.
5) Only in America would they make people who want to legally become American citizens wait for years in their home countries and pay tens of thousands of dollars for the privilege while we discuss letting anyone who sneaks into the country illegally just magically become American citizens.
6) Only in America could the people who believe in balancing the budget and sticking by the countrys Constitution be thought of asextremists.
7) Only in America could you need to present a drivers license tocash a check or buy alcohol, but not to vote.
8) Only in America could people demand the government investigate whether oil companies are gouging the public because the price of gas went up when the return on equity invested in a major U.S. oil company(Marathon Oil) is less than half of a company making tennis shoes(Nike).
9) Only in America could the government collect more tax dollars from the people than any nation in recorded history, still spend a Trillion dollars more than it has per year - for total spending of $7-Million PER MINUTE, and complain that it doesnt have nearly enough money.
10) Only in America could politicians talk about the greed of the rich at a $35,000.00 a plate campaign fund-raising event.
11) Only in America can a man with no background, no qualifications and no experience ... and a complete failure at his job ... be re-elected.
Nail on head.
#11 is the most disheartening.
Well, you know, it's expensive to keep shrimp on treadmills. Which I still haven't figured out. I mean, shrimp are yummy, but I didn't know we needed to exercise them before we eat them. I'm pretty sure we don't do that with cows and chickens, and we certainly don't do that with fish (they don't have legs, so they can't use a treadmill.)
Every word of it true.
Post to liberal sites and make their heads spin after having to watch Obama’s new American Idol cheerleader, Zoanette (more like Zoned Out) say that she wanted to sing The National Anthem for her audition after Obama on the election last night. She looked and acted like she was high as a kite and a perfect example of the liberals that support Obama:
Fake singer, fake president.
That list posted to a lib website would last about ten seconds before the ZOT.
I can see that this will be another wild season on American Idolatry. That was hideous, but they gave her a ticket to Hollyweird.
Wow. Very well said.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.