IN JUST ONE WEEK, WE KNOW THESE ABOUT NEWT:
1) He is for Obamas payroll (social security) tax cut extension on LIBERAL grounds that philosophically, you cant keep Bush tax cuts for the rich and not extend social security tax cuts
2) He is against Romney earning money in the private sector working at a capital firm and equates that to him peddling influence for Fannie/Freddie
3) Takes military option off the table vis-a-vis Iran by claiming a military strike is pure fantasy
4) It comes out that he worships FDR (probably more than God?)
5) He loves Andy Stern the SEIU guy
Did I miss anything else?
Did I miss anything else?
yes, 4 more years.
You'll hear plenty more before Iowa. The Tea Party is quickly getting up to speed on the Pied Piper of Politics, and when they do, I don't think they will want to play the part of the hypnotized children in that famous story.
Mark Steyn dislikes him.
you forgot to mention that Mitt Romney is the NewtAlternative. you aren’t happy with Newt because he isn’t conservative enough for you but you’re OK with Mitt Romney getting the nomination? Something about that doesn’t smell right. Newt will do just fine I think. I’m not taking any chances on letting Romney win and if this thing drags on long enough, he will.
“IN JUST ONE WEEK, WE KNOW THESE ABOUT NEWT:
1) He is for Obamas payroll tax cut extension.
2) He is against Romney earning money in the private sector.
3) .. claiming a military strike is pure fantasy
4) It comes out that he worships FDR
5) He loves Andy Stern the SEIU
Let Me Respectfully Disagree
1. I bet Newt supports the payroll tax cut extension to take it off the table from Obama’s attack dogs. Bottom line is that he adheres to low tax prescription of Reagan. He was there when it happened. He is the only candidate who eliminated a federal welfare program and balanced FOUR federal budgets.
2. When Romney attacked Newt for making money as a consultant, Newt replied by saying that Romney made money in an equally unpopular way by firing people. He wasn’t attacking capitalism but pointing out that both means of earning money are open to attack in a political campaign.
3. Newt has said that Iran has hidden its nukes underground across the nation in dozens of places, under cities and mosques. He believes a strike would be too costly and kill hundreds of thousands of civilians and accomplish nothing because the Mullahs would simply rebuild in a few years. But, he has said that if Israel decided to go to war with Iran, I wouldnt wait to attack.
4. It is absurd to say that Newt worships FDR. He admires FDR for leadership and communication skills, but doesn’t share his big government philosophy. He has stated he wants to dismantle many federal programs and return block grants to the states.
5. Newt made a comments in a speech years ago about Andy Stern being an visionary leader.
“when presented with the passage, former Gingrich aide Rick Tyler stressed that his former boss no longer agrees with those sentiments.
“He met with Andy Stern several times and Andy Stern had given Newt the impression that he was a forward-looking union leader,” said Tyler. “Turns out he wasnt.”
“Newt finds common ground with many people from the opposite side of the ideological spectrum,” Tyler added, addressing Gingrich’s broader pattern of finding non-traditional allies. “But in every case, they are moving in his direction, not him moving towards them.”