Skip to comments.The Internet. What's going on?
Posted on 12/14/2010 8:01:37 AM PST by patriotgal1787
. . . . .
Check out my weekly column at World Net Daily
WikiLeaks data now on 1800 sitesPosted: December 14, 2010 1:58 am Eastern © 2010
last week's Surfin' Safari, I reported that the whistleblowing site WikiLeaks could be transformed from a handful of volunteers to a global movement. One week later, there are more than 1,800 websites now hosting WikiLeaks in different languages and locales.
And while WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange is in a British jail, some of his former staffers led by Daniel Domscheit-Berg have launched a competing site for whistleblowers called OpenLeaks. Domscheit-Berg, Assange's former right-hand man, left last September, according to DN.se, after bristling under Assange's autocratic ways. WatchWikiRebels, the self-explaining documentary.
The ruling oligarchy needs outted much MORE than secrets need protected.
I’m still waiting for Obama’s birth and school records.
“The ruling oligarchy needs outted much MORE than secrets need protected.”
Be careful what you wish for.
Yup. These scumbags are anarchists who have every intent of harming America.
They’re doing far more harm to us as a nation than the minor embarrassments they’re causing the administration.
What do you think would happen to Julian Assagemunch if he posted those on his site ?
I bet Holder would personally frog march him into Gitmo within an hour of posting.
I PRAY GOD HAS HIS WILL IN ALL THAT.
HE KNOWS BEST.
From where I sit . . . the things needing exposed are greater in import and number than the things needing protected.
And, there’s been a number of prophecies about the evil doers being exposed.
It seems to me this may be one of the ways that is happening.
Why take them seriously?
Because major governments are throwing a fit and doing whatever they can to shut down WikiLeaks. When that much power and money is being thrown around that fast, something serious is going on.
This in contrast to many other sites claiming to have and release great deep dangerous secrets, who are duly ignored.
Pandora’s box is opened.
The genie is out of the bottle.
.....too late to do anything now.
You have to blame the inept government for this. Did they not know that all computers can be hacked?
So what will everyone do here when governments use these leak sites as an excuse to take over the Internet?
Getting a little CT here but has anyone ever considered that Wikileaks was created and designed not to leak docs but to give governments the excuse to control the Internet?
I mean, is that much of this new “information” that big a deal? Seems to me that most of it was common knowledge. Knowing Soros has money behind it makes me even more suspicious.
I’ve been saying for years we’d be scared to leave the house if we knew what the CIA and the president knows.
I just wish Assange could find someone from our enemy countries who will leak their secrets.
I doubt Wikileaks will post the REAL documents, the absolute rock bottom truth, no they will release something and everybody will gobble it up like a flock of hungry ducks on a bread truck wreck.
And in all the hoopla Obama shuts down the internet.
My guess is it will happen New Years Day.
Exactly, somebody high up is manipulating this, this is not the product of average citizens fighting “The Man.”
Theyre doing far more harm to us as a nation than the minor embarrassments theyre causing the administration.
Have pondered this complex issue a long time now.
I think you are wrong as follows.
1. The USA has been in charge of these traitors for at least 110-166 years:
2. With Their Destroyer in Chief Othuga in office and lots of other forces working to shred the USA wholesale ASAP . . . from economics, Constitution, military etc. food supply, etc.
3. Bush Sr has been quoted as saying that (my paraphrase) ‘If the people knew what we’ve been doing all these years, they’d hang us from the nearest light posts.’
4. God will expose the evil doers one way or another, sooner or later. I think wikileaks is a great way to do it.
5. I can say from my Navy Radioman’s job . . . there’s far too much classified information that was used to protect questionable activities and people rather than for the National Security of the country.
6. There’s a huge amount of evil traitorous communist, globalist skullduggary that’s been hidden by top secret communications. I hope Wikileaks outs rooms full of such evils.
7. The elites are working feverishly to force the world into a world government of bastardized form of communism wedded to a bastardized monopolistic form of tyrannical state controlled ‘capitalism.’ They have almost achieved their goal.
8. THAT GLOBAL GOVERNMENT IS THE REALITY UNDER THE TABLE, ALREADY. OThuga did not just ‘incidentally’ get in at the last SElection.
9. If wikileaks can throw some delays and monkey wrenches into that horror even the Bible predicts WILL take place—THEN MORE POWER TO WIKILEAKS, imho.
10. I don’t think the anarchists . . . if that’s what they are . . . can do the USA any more damage than the elite oligarchy has set-up, enginneered and is carrying out ruthlessly . . . from Wall street to DC and all around the world.
11. TRUTH IS BETTER THAN DECEPTION. I just pray that God insures that what needs exposed will be exposed and what needs to stay secret will stay secret.
12. Given that the elite oligarchy REALLY IS IN CONTROL OF THE WHOLE GLOBE with a death grip already . . . I think exposure is decidedly on the side of good by quite a margin.
So, is there a limit to your support of treason? Perhaps there is some number of American Soldiers that can be killed and that’s not OK with you...? Or is treason always OK?
You’re really quite loony, did you know that?
On the one hand, inappropriate use of classified documents is a very serious business. People lose their jobs or go to jail for that sort of thing. But the govenment doesn't really seem to be as upset at Wikileaks as I think they should be. I find that odd.
On the other hand, I've said for years that "privacy" has been an over-valued item in our society. Global Warming? Bernie Madoff? Obama's birth certificate? All of these things are issues because some information is hidden and kept from people who have a right to know. I think we would have a more limited government if people really saw how the government worked.
I haven't fully decided, but more and more I see wikileaks as a good thing. I'm still very uncomfortable with the notion that the information may have but some people's lives in danger, but it's not clear to me how true that really is.
Overall, I think more light on our overlords would be helpful.
Obviously there are usefull idiots on the right as well as the left. Some of them have gone full on leftist in their desire to harm America.
And the scum here at FR who think they’re “taking down the man” can kiss my ass as they head for the freedom of Cuba.
I prefer to look at the whole issue rather than play puppet to anarchists. The simple fact is that its true our government has overused secrecy, but that’s no reason to expose all of our secrets. These idiots would have happily allowed the Russians to wander freely around the Manhattan project.
Well, those leaks that destroyed global warming were pretty cool. Think those came from the Russians.
2. I don't think you realize the REALITIES inovlved in the current world.
3. What percentage of the quotes of these blokes have you read?
4. The elites long in charge of all major components and spheres of government, business, education, media, JUDICIARY . . . have been communist/globalist/socialist TRAITORS for at least 110 years, and likely 166 years or longer . . .
5. Now they are on the very brink of forcing their long hidden control overtly on the world stage. Actually, with OThuga, they have, to a degree, already done so.
6. Given that the 'government' is
RAPIDLY DESTROYING THE REMAINING SHARDS OF OUR CONSTITUTION . . .
who is it you propose to protect by continued secrecy
HIDING THE TRAITOROUS EVIL DOERS' ACTIVITIES?
You're certainly not protecting THE USA NOR THE PEOPLE with continued secrecy of such traitorousness!
The truth is easily manipulated by the selective release of information. It is a bias.
I don’t this 100% of this information is fake but ask yourself why you would trust Wikileaks any more than your government? They both have an agenda.
Perhaps you’ll be able . . . some day . . .
to wake up . . .
and realize the level of ignorance involved in your perspective in time to save a little bit of your skin a little longer.
How many of the quotes of those globalists have you read at that link?
Gross ignorance is a poor foundation for survival.
Yeah. I was torn about it for some time, too.
Then I realized that those being exposed are more evil than anyone can imagine . . .
TRUTH AND LIGHT IS BETTER THAN DARKNESS AND DECEPTION.
WE CAN PRAY FOR THE TRUTH AND LIGHT TO WIN OUT.
Your assertions are grossly wrong.
1. How does it matter what secrets are protected when President Klintoon GIVES the Chinese secret nuke and missile technology? He HAD to do that under orders from his globalist bosses.
2. Who’s asking for all our secrets to be exposed? I’m not. I trust God to manage such according to HIS priorities. BTW, He IS considerably bigger and more important than even the USA.
3. The globalist oligarchy insured that Russia had our nuke secrets in short order. They were the ones in charge of the Manhattan project AND in charge of traitorously giving our secrets to the Russians.
4. WAKE UP.
And there’s no guarantee that Wikileaks is anything but another globalist manipulation of the masses.
I just hope and think that in the massive data dumps, some good exposure of traitorousness will occur.
And some already has.
If you are going to use that logic, then you know that His hand is in everything and don’t decry anything that happens.
You’re nothing but a puppet with nothing of value to say.
I hope you come back to your senses before its too late.
He instructs us to pray . . .
evidently at some levels . . . our prayers make a difference.
All actions and outcomes are not equal.
Nevertheless, HE WILL HAVE HIS ULTIMATE WAY.
OH INFORMED, WISE ONE,
WHAT PERCENTAGE OF THESE QUOTES
Yet I’m the one who needs to come to my senses.
Sorry, but I don’t think it’s smart to follow any link you might provide. It’s not that I don’t trust you, it’s just that I don’t trust you.
Your screeds are lunatic ravings. After checking out your home page... all I want to do now is back away slowly and hope you just go back to your tinfoil and your hundred and twenty cats.
I’m sorry to have bothered you.
Bring on the popcorn.
The problem isn’t light on our overlords. The problem is dumps of lots and lots of random documents that are apparently unvetted. If you think nothing should be secret that is fine, but you would be wrong. If you play poker with all of your cards on the table it’s not poker anymore. But of course, I think Assange is not doing what some FReepers thing he’s doing anyway. I think this is completely controlled dumps of documents with a purpose. To make the US look bad. I suspect there will come a time when those who applauded this will look back and, if they are honest, they will say, Oh man, was I stupid. I hope I”m wrong.
Yes, He will.
you’ll have the courage to read the FR THREAD:
Your ignorance is underwhelming.
I’ve studied globalism for 45 years.
How long have you studied OThuga’s bosses?
it’s made a lot more than the USA look stupid.
But my views are pretty well known to all who post here . . .
I will try to keep updating my freeper page in my very limited time.
I have to accept it for what it is informationally speaking. It was our own failure as much as anything, a symptom of our liberal approach to national security. It reflects on the incompetent boobs we have accepted as our statesmen’s and the general state of state affairs (metrosexualism). As I see it; it’s going to painful but reversing course, as we need to, always is.
Something noteworthy about all of this: Before this group of ‘white-knights’ stood up for Wikileaks there were few websites closed down by the government. Websites that are part of the file trading community in the lower levels of the internet. There was web-chatter at the time about retaliating against the government over that. It had plenty of people already mad, all warmed up for an internet fight. You might even say that there was some provocation prior to making an example about Wikileaks.
What we have now is a ‘crisis that shouldn’t be wasted.’ -- The internet has been our Liberty Tree, this is how we beat the tide of liberal media disinformation. I suspect that this something like a Reichstage Fire moment. Now we can count on the government to make the web a safer place for all of us who need protecting from the terrible truth.
PRAYERS FOR YOUR HEALTH.
Only virtual hugs, however. LOL.
YOU MAKE MANY EXCELLENT POINTS.
The way it looks to me, Russia, China, and everyone else in the world is already privy to any nationional secrets we might have...
The only ones in the dark are we, the people...
crossed my mind, briefly
It’s not the looking stupid that worries me, Quix. It’s the destruction that may follow. Of course if it’s the end of days, what does it matter. But, if not, if it’s simply the middle of things, it may matter a great deal. Then, all the people gloating now because their favorite target looks bad, while their own government weakens may well look back at some point and do that little “uh oh, what the Heck were we thinking?” but it will be too little too late. As I said, I would love to be wrong. But I think there have been ample times thru history that people simply didn’t see the beginning of something until it was well under way, because people tend not to see things when they start to happen.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.