Free Republic
Browse · Search
News/Activism
Topics · Post Article

Skip to comments.

You Missed......
self | September 14, 2001 | self

Posted on 09/14/2001 4:40:48 AM PDT by jokemoke

Hit the buildings, Missed America . . . .

An open letter to a terrorist:

Well, you hit the World Trade Center and the Pentagon, but you missed America. You used innocent American people, to take out other innocent Americans. But like a poor marksman, you still missed America.

Why? Because of something you guys will never understand. America isn’t about a building or two. It's not about financial centers, not about military centers. America isn’t about a place. America isn’t even about a bunch of people. America is about an idea. A way of life!

An idea, that you can travel any place within the 50 states and earn as much as you want if you work hard. You can pursue a way of life for the most part, like you envisioned living, and you can follow your dreams.

Go ahead and whine your terrorist whine, and chant your terrorist litany. We live in a country where we don’t have to see your point but you’re free to have one. We don’t have to listen to your talk but you’re free to speak.

Don’t know where you people got the strange idea that everyone has to agree with you. We don’t even agree with each other in this country. Almost as a matter of pride, we all have our own opinions.

America is a collection of folks who don’t agree on all things, they are called States. We united our individual states to protect ourselves from tyranny in the world.

Yeah, we’re fat, sloppy, easy-going goofs most of the time, but it comes from a feeling of being free and easy. But at our core, is great love and respect for this blessed country.

This is unfortunate for you because you do not understand when you attack one American, you have attacked us all. We unite and tend to fight like rabid badgers.

The first we knew of the War of 1812, was when England burned Washington D.C. to the ground. Didn’t turn out like England thought it would, and it’s not going to turn out like you think either.

Sorry, you’re not the first bully on our shores, just the most recent.

No Marquis of Queensbury rules for Americans either. We were the FIRST, and so far, the ONLY country in the world to use nuclear weapons in retaliation.

Horrific idea, nowadays? News for you bucko; it was back then too. Only had two of them in the whole world and we used ‘em both. We had a war to win.

So to those who just declared war on us- America accepts the challenge.

There’s a spirit that tends to take over people who come to this country, looking for opportunity, looking for liberty, looking for freedom. Even if they misuse it.

You guys seem to be incapable of understanding that we don’t live in America. America lives in us!

American spirit is what it’s called. And killing a few thousand of us, or a few million of us, won’t change it. Most of the time, it’s a pretty happy-go-lucky kind of spirit. Until we’re crossed in a cowardly manner, then it becomes an entirely different kind of spirit. Wait until you see what we do with that spirit.

Sleep tight, if you can. We’re coming.

TOPICS: Miscellaneous; Your Opinion/Questions
KEYWORDS:

1 posted on 09/14/2001 4:40:49 AM PDT by jokemoke
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | View Replies]

To: jokemoke
Sleep tight, if you can. We’re coming

No more need be said.

2 posted on 09/14/2001 4:46:29 AM PDT by Ispy4u (those b@$t@rd$ will pay!!!!!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

Here is just the cure for Ossama's sorry ass:

Bin Laden Suppositories</font size>

3 posted on 09/14/2001 4:48:35 AM PDT by ppaul

To: close tags

4 posted on 09/14/2001 4:49:06 AM PDT by ppaul
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 3 | View Replies]

I pray for Bush. I can't image being in his shoes during this.
5 posted on 09/14/2001 4:49:27 AM PDT by DB

To: ppaul
Bin Laden Suppositories

Now that's funny! I like it.

6 posted on 09/14/2001 4:53:26 AM PDT by LibKill

To: ppaul
Excellent! I needed a good laugh before heading in to work this morning. Thanks! I only wish I had a forwarding email address for the Taliban.
7 posted on 09/14/2001 4:58:16 AM PDT by Mopp4

Great Post.
8 posted on 09/14/2001 5:26:05 AM PDT by kassie (God Bless America)

To: Mopp4
Thanks! I only wish I had a forwarding email address for the Taliban.

try: satan_taliban@hell.hotmail.com

9 posted on 09/14/2001 5:26:50 AM PDT by SkyPilot
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 7 | View Replies]

Comment #10 Removed by Moderator

I saw this on another thread and bookmarked it then. You speak the words I feel, my friend. Very well written! Mind if I forward it to a few people?
11 posted on 09/14/2001 5:49:38 AM PDT by Diva Betsy Ross

To: The Documentary Lady jokemoke
Another freeper Posted it Here, Reply#2

jokemoke, if this is yours you did a wonderful job!

12 posted on 09/14/2001 5:55:56 AM PDT by LurkerNoMore!
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 10 | View Replies]

"We don’t live in America. America lives in us!"

I really like that.

13 posted on 09/14/2001 6:00:05 AM PDT by Lee'sGhost

VERY WELL EXPRESSED. Jokemoke...well done! Excellent!
14 posted on 09/14/2001 6:51:58 AM PDT by Dudoight

To: The Documentary Lady
A local Dallas radio station (KVIL) now has this on their website & says it comes from an 18 yr old here in Dallas named Charles Brennan.

I think they are being snookered, just as we are.

15 posted on 09/18/2001 7:37:09 PM PDT by LurkerNoMore!
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 10 | View Replies]

Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.

Free Republic
Browse · Search
News/Activism
Topics · Post Article

FreeRepublic, LLC, PO BOX 9771, FRESNO, CA 93794
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson