Free Republic
Browse · Search
News/Activism
Topics · Post Article

Skip to comments.

Ordinary Friend vs True Friend
HumorCentral ^ | Unknown | Unknown

Posted on 09/08/2001 9:28:54 AM PDT by SAMWolf

An Ordinary Friend will stand by you when you are right, A True Friend will stand by you even when you are wrong... (and tell you just how wrong you were over and over and over and...)

An Ordinary Friend identifies himself when he calls. A True Friend doesn't have to...in fact you have to guess most of the time they call.

An Ordinary Friend opens a conversation with a full news bulletin on his life. A True Friend says, "What's new with you?"

An Ordinary Friend thinks the problems you whine about are recent. A True Friend says, "Geez, you've been whining about the that forver! Get off your duff and do something about it."

An Ordinary Friend has never seen you cry. A True Friend has listened over the phone, in person and in letters to your sobbing.

An Ordinary Friend doesn't know your parents' first names. A True Friend has their phone numbers in his address book...and probably doesn't know their first names either.

An Ordinary Friend brings a bottle of wine to your party. A True Friend comes early to help you cook and stays late to help you clean.

An Ordinary Friend hates it when you call after he has gone to bed. A True Friend also hates it when you call after bedtime but listens anyway.

An Ordinary Friend seeks to talk with you about your problems. A True Friend seeks to help you with your problems.

An Ordinary Friend wonders about your romantic history. A True Friend could blackmail you with it.

An Ordinary Friend, when visiting, acts like a guest. A True Friend opens your refrigerator and helps himself.

An Ordinary Friend thinks the friendship is over when you have an argument. A True Friend knows that it's not a friendship until after you've had a fight.

An Ordinary Friend expects you to always be there for them. A True Friend expects to always be there for you!

TOPICS: Miscellaneous
KEYWORDS:
If you can say you had one "True Friend" over your lifetime, you've been blessed.
1 posted on 09/08/2001 9:28:54 AM PDT by SAMWolf
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | View Replies]

To: SAMWolf
An ordinary friend will help you move. A true friend will help you move bodies...
2 posted on 09/08/2001 9:34:37 AM PDT by wittyone
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

Thank you, thank you, thank you. I needed to read this.
3 posted on 09/08/2001 9:43:17 AM PDT by Teacup

To: Slip18,Cyber Liberty,Howlin,Angelique
Come look at this. Pretty good stuff.
4 posted on 09/08/2001 9:44:12 AM PDT by Teacup
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 3 | View Replies]

To: wittyone
An ordinary friend will help you move. A true friend will help you move bodies...

True, True!! LOL.

It's also rumored that a True Friend will suck out the snake venom when you get bit after sitting on a snake.

5 posted on 09/08/2001 10:28:38 AM PDT by SAMWolf
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 2 | View Replies]

To: Teacup,SamWolf
I have read this before, and you know what? It depends on my mood...LOLOLOLOL!
6 posted on 09/08/2001 5:37:46 PM PDT by Angelique
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 4 | View Replies]

"An Ordinary Friend wonders about your romantic history. A True Friend could blackmail you with it."

And doesn't.

7 posted on 09/09/2001 8:05:27 AM PDT by Cyber Liberty

To: Clinton's a liar
A BUMP to one who is closer to the latter than the former. How many of these things apply to us?
8 posted on 09/09/2001 8:06:16 AM PDT by Cyber Liberty

To: Teacup
Thanks, Teacup. Nice article. I hope I can be as good of a friend to you as you have been to me!
9 posted on 09/09/2001 9:28:05 AM PDT by Slip18
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 4 | View Replies]

A True Friend will post bail....at 3:00 A.M.

Just kidding, I think.

--Boris

10 posted on 09/09/2001 9:43:48 AM PDT by boris

Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.

Free Republic
Browse · Search
News/Activism
Topics · Post Article

FreeRepublic, LLC, PO BOX 9771, FRESNO, CA 93794
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson